Oat cheaper than Wheat?

Acrylique

Oat cheaper than Wheat?

Post by Acrylique »

I wanted to buy Animal Food from the Store and noticed that the Wheat Price for Chickens is more expensive than Oat.. that's just dumb. Means you can buy Oat and sell it somewhere with an immediate Profit.

Am I missing something here?
kahfs

Re: Oat cheaper than Wheat?

Post by kahfs »

Grains have different sell prices in the game as well as in real life. So I don't understand. Are you selling oats as if it was wheat?
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Seems like he's thinking wheat and oats are the same thing, which of course they are not. If he's saying the price to buy oats at the store is less than what you get to sell oats, then yes that would be strange. Like selling pennies for a nickel each.
PS4
humbe

Post by humbe »

Didn't know chickens ate oat at all.. Think it was wheat or barley in FS19, and as barley was higher yield but lower price, it paid of to feed chickens with barley instead of wheat.. (Assuming there was no game effect where type of food affected egg production, quantity of food needed or something)..

All the crops have different yields and different prices, and whether they produce straw or not is also essential as to how much work you need to put in to handle them.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

OP is right! I have also found it odd.. oats are cheaper in the store for a bag of the same amount of wheat with oats being the more valuable of the 2 crops... whats more is on medium and easy difficulty (maybe hard too but thats my personal save and I don't do stuff like that on it), you can legit just buy bags of oats and flip them for a profit
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Acrylique

Post by Acrylique »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:21 pm Seems like he's thinking wheat and oats are the same thing, which of course they are not. If he's saying the price to buy oats at the store is less than what you get to sell oats, then yes that would be strange. Like selling pennies for a nickel each.
Store sells

1000l Oat for 1300
1000l Wheat for 1400
humbe

Post by humbe »

I guess it might be an issue with easy difficulties just upping sell prices enormously but expenses stay the same. On hard you'll never get close to that price for selling..
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I don't find it weird as oats is cheaper to buy than wheat irl. Oats also sell for higher, but don't produce as much of yeild as wheat. Also, in my area, most people don't grow oats anymore. We only put it out with new seeding of alfalfa. Also you can exploit that mechanism with a lot of cross if you pick the right time to sell the item. Irl, you technically could do the same with 1000 liters, but seed companies aren't going to sell you 60,000 liters to deliver to a sell point then call them again asking for more seed. Oars is one crop that doesn't come treated as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.