Best part about this game so far?

chedly_farms

Best part about this game so far?

Post by chedly_farms »

I haven't really had a desire to play the game in over a month. I have picked back up on other hobbies over Christmas break. Transformers toy collecting is one of them. I'm a 44 year old kid at heart. Plus my 4 year old and me love to have battles all over the living room floor versus her Disney Princesses. Anyway's I have continued to lurk here, and check out new mods released every day. Big shout out to Oxy for Calmsden and every one else for all the really cool mods. I see Jullian F. released his first mod this week. Also Cesearias Modding has a lot of cool things in the works. So I'm hoping by the time planting season rolls around, I will get hyped to play again.

With all that said, what are parts of the game that you are really enjoying so far. Or are there things you thought you would dislike, but you've actually grown to like in the new game? Are there any mods that have really blown your socks off?

I will ask politely that you refrain from the negativity and flaming other people's opinions in this thread.

I'm just looking for a cool civil discussion about FS22. I want to get excited about the game and things to come.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
StoneTheCrows

Re: Best part about this game so far?

Post by StoneTheCrows »

1. I thought I wouldn't bother with the production chains, but I found they just increased the number of things you could do and the ways in which you could play the game.

2. I was disappointed that the implementation of Seasons was lacking the depth and complexity of Seasons 19.

3. I have really enjoyed stacking pallets. I think they almost have this nailed.

4. They have nailed the sound sampling. I used to switch off the sound in 19, in 22 I turn it up.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:18 pm 1. I thought I wouldn't bother with the production chains, but I found they just increased the number of things you could do and the ways in which you could play the game.
See this is one of the things I am curious about. I first hated the idea of it. But with seasons kind of being implemented into base game and needing things to do at different parts of the year. So I am curious as to how people that are doing production are enjoying it. Is it something fun, or at some point does it just seem like more work?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
humbe

Post by humbe »

I love the graphics.. Though I've also upgraded my machine, which may have contributed more than FS19 => FS22 change. And found the "#enableDoF false" command that makes the landscape far away look awesome. Calmsden map just looks awesome.

Some of my important mods have come to FS22. Vehicle Control Addon.. Back is adaptive steering, peek left/right, automatically look back on reverse.. Cab driving now works again ;).. (Though still waiting to be able to adjust mirrors, though my old current tractor doesn't have mirrors anyway) I know Contractor mod is being worked on.

And base game has included some of the good mod behavior like actually having seasons, multiple contracts possible, place anywhere, and manual gear shifting. Though of course as a lot of mods are yet to come out, I'm still missing advanced functionality from seasons mod in FS19 for instance..

I haven't tested out production chains yet, and rocks are a bit annoying to deal with, but you don't have to, but in general I like the additions of production chains, rolling, mulching and stones too..

There's some bits lacking due to game being fresh, but enough here to not look back in my case at least.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Oh gosh... I think one of the best things is... all the little things? New noises and sounds coming from the machines and stuff like the trailers setting down after dumping.. The way so many things actually change now. Not just with snow and stuff but even being able to mow the flowers down in the grass and they grow back. There are so many little details that could so easily be overlooked.

Otherwise I think I have really really enjoyed the pallet stacking this time around. I used to dread having to load any kind of pallets in the previous versions as it was so freaking trying and tedious. Now its a pleasure to stack a whole trailer 2 and 3 high with the manitou depending on the product.

I personally love the production chains. They give you other things to do, with the new pallet handling its really not a bad job and goals, they give you something to work towards besides just another field or bigger machine and I like trying for the more complicated products. Growing all the stuff and processing it for cake then making that bank at the end of it all was really rewarding.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

chedly_farms wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:23 pm
StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:18 pm 1. I thought I wouldn't bother with the production chains, but I found they just increased the number of things you could do and the ways in which you could play the game.
See this is one of the things I am curious about. I first hated the idea of it. But with seasons kind of being implemented into base game and needing things to do at different parts of the year. So I am curious as to how people that are doing production are enjoying it. Is it something fun, or at some point does it just seem like more work?
For me it was a different sort of work. There is more planning and logistics involved. Plus I really enjoyed role playing the whole warehousing and distribution side. You handle a lot of pallets, so you have to enjoy the pallet handling too. The Jungheinrich forklift is really good.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I think the thing with me is the little things that I keep noticing, as they keep surprising me. Like the addition of odd sounds I hadn’t even noticed were missing, like the thud when your front loader hits the floor, or the squeaks and groans as implements unfold, they really add to the immersion. The fact that pallets on a trailer will show on your dashboard, locking straps on vehicles etc. so many little things that I keep noticing.

As mentioned above they have made amazing differences to all the sounds, the vehicles, implements, I haven’t tried with manual gearbox but the gear changing sounds all add to it. Pallets I thought would annoy me but after finally giving in and buying a forklift instead of using the tractor front loader, I am loving loading them up. It’s surprisingly quick and easy. I know people have banged on about them being a pain but using the right tool for the job makes it simple.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I really like the sounds, and the gearboxes, on FS19 I used the Extended Driving mod which gave much the same effect as a CVT box. What I really like is how fast the mods are coming through: various people have said, with varied implied meanings, that Farm Sim relies on it's mods and for me it does.

THE mod so far has to be Calmsden.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
lawm

Post by lawm »

Chedly!!! Glad to see you back with a topic!

I like you have not played much. Half is because of waiting on mods, and half is because i think I just needed a break. Plus I feel there is so many addons, it's kind of "overwhelming" in a good sense. I wanna be in the mood to take in this experience. Between gear shifting and sounds and the new factors for your yield. Theres so much added and and i try to ignore the posts I read saying about rolling vs not and seed beds and grass yields. I wanna take in 22 like I did 17 as a newb. Didnt have a good first year? What can i do to improve my income so I can purchase more land or that fancy mod that I just downloaded? To me 19 didnt stray very far from 17s mold. The variety of mods was the leap on console....for me. 22 moved the console experience closer towards PC amenities. There are quirks with autodrive but I've got it to do what I need it to. I'm looking forward to jumping in and I think you will too.....eventually. i was kind of all over the place there but 22 is the real deal, just dont ruin the excitement of the newness by forcing yourself to experience it. Take it in when your ready to cannonball back into digital farming!

Also I know nothing on the productions.....I'll teach myself when ove squeezed max yield out of my fields and looking to diversify. I dont see myself becoming an entrepreneur, but there is certain facets that has caught my attention and looking forward to.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Just thought of something else that I hadn’t really realised I liked. The fact that a lot more things make sense now. Tiny little tractors can’t pull massive trailers filled with potatoes for example, generally that weight has more meaning. Animal pens take a certain amount of food, regardless of how many animals are in it. It goes down quicker with more animals, but food troughs in real life are a certain size, they don’t grow when your animals multiply.

I used to hate, especially with seasons on, you would have a ‘pig explosion’ at breeding time and your previously green food bar had suddenly plummeted into the red. Silos only holding a certain amount of crop, rather than half a million litres of each type of crop, it holds half a million litres in total.

Also the field info tooltip actually shows you useful info.
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

To me:
Gearbox and manual shifting
New and improved sounds on all sorts of machines
Some of the placable tings, like fences, trees etc.

In a year or so, FS22 will be glorious with all the mods.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

humbe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm I love the graphics.. Though I've also upgraded my machine, which may have contributed more than FS19 => FS22 change. And found the "#enableDoF false" command that makes the landscape far away look awesome. Calmsden map just looks awesome.
The sounds and gearboxes are obviously massive improvements and probably the single biggest change to the genre in its history, but on the basis that such improvements were unexpected I'm going with graphics and environment (on Elmcreek, less so Haut-Beyleron) as in the build up to the game they looked OK (FarmCon), then dreadful (GamesCom onwards) for a long period before release. Then the Elmcreek video came out and many of us were blown away at how much they'd taken our feedback on board and improved the visuals and balance, as it's not something GIANTS were renowned for. It's still not perfect, but it was like night and day compared to the previous few months of footage and such a welcome relief after the nuclear fallout of FS19.
lawm

Post by lawm »

TomTom996 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:30 pm To me:
Gearbox and manual shifting
New and improved sounds on all sorts of machines
Some of the placable tings, like fences, trees etc.

In a year or so, FS22 will be glorious with all the mods.
The only way they can ruin this for me is to stop releasing mods. It's that simple lol. And who in the heckin heck did they find to make Elmcreek? Give that person a raise....or at least a high five!!!
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

The France map is way better then the American map.

I like the production chains. (easilly to convert cheap grains to more expensiver flow to more expensiver pallets of bread)

I like how the main menu is made..

Like how the rest of the UI works in the menus. But iam not fond of the use serials to unlock stuff in the game ( liked it better as MOD)

I like the added new sounds

I like the new water textures.

The integration of the collectors edition USB light device.

Would be nice if we could have a topic on which parts could be have been made better.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Xtrememaster wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:19 pm
I like how the main menu is made..
That is one of my few recurring problems on console. I like the UI and I like the look of the menu and how it works. However, why they put the menu lists going from top to bottom on the side, but the navigation buttons to scroll through them on console are the left and right bumper buttons. The first few times after I load up every game it trips me up having to use left & right buttons to go up and down. Maybe it’s just me. Not a big thing really in the greater schemes of a great game, just a little annoying :mrgreen: