Best part about this game so far?

lawm

Re: Best part about this game so far?

Post by lawm »

Xtrememaster wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:19 pm

Would be nice if we could have a topic on which parts could be have been made better.
You can make one if you feel inclined. Not sure if you dont because of all the nonsense in the threads lately, but if you form the topic with a genuine desire and not just dumping on "giants greed", maybe even throw a disclaimer like Chedly did on this one. Just a suggestion. No games perfect!
humbe

Post by humbe »

Oh yeah.. And being able to hire an AI helper to move your stuff from your farm silo to whatever sellpoint you wanna sell at is useful if you tire of making trips yourself. The AI ain't a good driver, and I've had a few issues but mostly managed to get it working..
humbe

Post by humbe »

And just to showcase the view:

Open in new tab/window to zoom into details.. Back in FS19 the field on the left would probably have a circle in it at some range.. And the fields beyond the road up there would be useless, and I would not see any trees/object past it because they were so far away.. Now I can look into the horizon and see an amazing world.. And I love how the background hills on Calmsden just merges into the playable area..
lawm

Post by lawm »

humbe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 pm Oh yeah.. And being able to hire an AI helper to move your stuff from your farm silo to whatever sellpoint you wanna sell at is useful if you tire of making trips yourself. The AI ain't a good driver, and I've had a few issues but mostly managed to get it working..
I wasnt sold on 22 till they announced autodrive. Having to drive every load to your silo or sell point stinks. I wanna combine, or run the auger keeping up with multiple combines. Plus it adds a way to justify more than one semi on console. Before it was all fluff to fill my garage. But now it's useful. Also convenient for hauling equipment to jobs across an entire map.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Everyone so far has listed a lot of the cool points of FS22, but one of the things that I'm loving is that when shovelling piles of whatever around, you no longer run your bucket into a solid lump of granite, the pile of silage or beets or whatever will move as you push it. I've found I'm moving much less stuff around with conveyor belts, and doing much more shovelling with telehandlers or wheel-loaders now.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Luftkopf wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:02 am Everyone so far has listed a lot of the cool points of FS22, but one of the things that I'm loving is that when shovelling piles of whatever around, you no longer run your bucket into a solid lump of granite, the pile of silage or beets or whatever will move as you push it. I've found I'm moving much less stuff around with conveyor belts, and doing much more shovelling with telehandlers or wheel-loaders now.
What? You mean like snow does? I'm confused yet highly curious. Guess I never moved much besides silage in the past....and snow
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Jupp, and it's wonderful.
Seems like they have incorporated a few mods this round, in light versions :
Tire sounds
AutoDrive
Real Shovel
PlaceAnywhere
Variable bale capacity (not on all balers, but many have)
Ohh, and it doesn't snow or rain under roofs.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

lawm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:05 am What? You mean like snow does? I'm confused yet highly curious. Guess I never moved much besides silage in the past....and snow
Yeah, it always annoyed me in 19 that when your bucket filled up, the pile of whatever you were picking up behaved like a very large lump of stone, lifting up the front of whatever vehicle you're driving. Now, you can use your bucket to push piles. I now use silage bunkers, and use my front-loader to push the spill back into the bunker before covering it.

Edit: Where in 19 you might have to pick up a half dozen buckets worth of silage to pour onto the pile, now you can just bulldoze that spill back in there.

It's just one of the many little things that Giants has done in 22 to make the game feel much more live.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Luftkopf wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:22 am
lawm wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:05 am What? You mean like snow does? I'm confused yet highly curious. Guess I never moved much besides silage in the past....and snow
Yeah, it always annoyed me in 19 that when your bucket filled up, the pile of whatever you were picking up behaved like a very large lump of stone, lifting up the front of whatever vehicle you're driving. Now, you can use your bucket to push piles. I now use silage bunkers, and use my front-loader to push the spill back into the bunker before covering it.

Edit: Where in 19 you might have to pick up a half dozen buckets worth of silage to pour onto the pile, now you can just bulldoze that spill back in there.

It's just one of the many little things that Giants has done in 22 to make the game feel much more live.
Still not 100% I follow but that's on me lol. I just cant remember how it was and how your describing. But I'm sure I'll notice when I get to that and sounds like it's much improved and that's always good. Thanks for the info....motivates me to make some silage!!!
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

It behaves like the snow did in plows in seasons19. if you push against the pile (beets for example) with a shovel, leveler or anything like that, it won't fill up and stop the tractor like a solid object but will move the pile forward allowing you to push, if your tractor is strong and heavy enough to move the pile in question of course.

So instead of having to load a dozen buckets of spilled chaff back into a silo, you can just push it instead.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Please don't make fun but for me it's loading up the tractor trailer full of products that I produced and driving them around selling them. That being said I'd give anything for a box truck.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

Loading up and stacking small bales by hand, and before patch 1.2 also the tomato crates, too bad we now need a pallet fork for that. (maybe make the size of the crates selectable for greenhouses ?)
I can imagine this being difficult if you only have a keyboard/mouse or steering wheel, but with the X-box controller on PC it is just very nice to do.
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

humbe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm I love the graphics.. Though I've also upgraded my machine, which may have contributed more than FS19 => FS22 change. And found the "#enableDoF false" command that makes the landscape far away look awesome. Calmsden map just looks awesome.
For disabling DoF automatically, add this line in game.xml "<dof>false</dof>" inside the "scalability" section to disable it.
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

XiniX wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:33 pm
humbe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm I love the graphics.. Though I've also upgraded my machine, which may have contributed more than FS19 => FS22 change. And found the "#enableDoF false" command that makes the landscape far away look awesome. Calmsden map just looks awesome.
For disabling DoF automatically, add this line in game.xml "<dof>false</dof>" inside the "scalability" section to disable it.
I was thinking the other day is there a way of doing it automatically rather than through the dev controls each time, thanks for sharing I'll be giving it a go *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m like you chedly, haven’t really played much. When I have I’ve been just testing and trying out mods. I would say my favorite parts of 22 are the way the menus are structured, the machine sounds, all the new cultivating techniques, and just the all around feel of the game. There’s a few things missing but many of them are in the testing list as mods so once that gets worked down some for me personally there will be no reason to play 19 anymore like I currently have been to scratch my farm sim itch. The future looks pretty bright and I’m excited for where the game will be around that first dlc time.