Best part about this game so far?

humbe

Re: Best part about this game so far?

Post by humbe »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:41 pm
XiniX wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:33 pm
humbe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:25 pm I love the graphics.. Though I've also upgraded my machine, which may have contributed more than FS19 => FS22 change. And found the "#enableDoF false" command that makes the landscape far away look awesome. Calmsden map just looks awesome.
For disabling DoF automatically, add this line in game.xml "<dof>false</dof>" inside the "scalability" section to disable it.
I was thinking the other day is there a way of doing it automatically rather than through the dev controls each time, thanks for sharing I'll be giving it a go *thumbsup*
Hmm.. I've enabled it half a dozen times, but looking at my game.xml now it has <dof>false</dof> in it already.. I guess I at some point saved something so it got written in itself. I see it was now correct after restarting the game.. Thanks for the tip though..
lawm

Post by lawm »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:21 am It behaves like the snow did in plows in seasons19. if you push against the pile (beets for example) with a shovel, leveler or anything like that, it won't fill up and stop the tractor like a solid object but will move the pile forward allowing you to push, if your tractor is strong and heavy enough to move the pile in question of course.

So instead of having to load a dozen buckets of spilled chaff back into a silo, you can just push it instead.
Ok.....I'll have to try it out. I don't remember having issues pushing chaff but I'm sure I'm wrong lol. Never handled beets. Love the fact that theres more reasons for different size tractors in this game
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

Seems a lot say this, the engine noises and other sounds are a great improvement. Echo inside structures, forklift fork hitting ground, trailers, etc. Adds to the experience.

Seasons is ok, I can see they simplified it a lot, but then it does make it more appealing to the casual player. Missing a few things, perhaps they come along, temperature, rotting of crops on the ground, etc.

But the landscaping tool is my personal favourite. Better than 19. Able to place within other objects, racks inside a shed is nice. I've used GE for maps on PC, but idk, I just prefer editing on the console. The default map textures are also much better, in FS19 the asphalt never seemed to blend nicely. Contrast level too big to me, meaning any road other than straight, just looked like a jagged mess. Always used just dirt roads in FS19, but now asphalt mixed with gravel and dirt makes a great road. So far spending most if my time turning NML into a huge landscaping project. Did something similar in FS19, but it just looks better on FS22. Just needs some extras though, fixed rotation or snapping, as it's so annoying trying to line up things with other straight lines.
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

If I can only pick one thing, it's easy- the SOUND. I just traded up to a Massey 8S MF245, and oh, wow. Just trundling around my farm at low throttle is wonderful- the low basso rumble as you come off idle is so good. I had a 724 for a bit, and it sounded great too. I also picked up a Steyr 8150 from the used section, and it has great bark.
Old fat guy with a day job...
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Thank You everyone for the responses. At some point I will take the time and read and respond as I really do appreciate everyone's responses as I have quickly browsed through.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Ohh, one other thing, trailer fill limit.
With that turned on, you will not always be able to fill the trailer up volume vice, as it will count the weight too, and whatever limit it reaches first, will be the one the game will use. With it on, trailers will, in addition to volume it can hold, also display weightlimit. And choice of tires affects what weight you can have too.

The small things
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
lawm

Post by lawm »

Noraf wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:51 pm Ohh, one other thing, trailer fill limit.
With that turned on, you will not always be able to fill the trailer up volume vice, as it will count the weight too, and whatever limit it reaches first, will be the one the game will use. With it on, trailers will, in addition to volume it can hold, also display weightlimit. And choice of tires affects what weight you can have too.

The small things
I didn't know about the tire rating. That is pretty darn cool!