How much crop can you sale to production chains?

Sid1701d

How much crop can you sale to production chains?

Post by Sid1701d »

I was wondering how much crop you can sale to production chains, like grainery bakery and other places, what is the limit?
Graham1969

Re: How much crop can you sale to production chains?

Post by Graham1969 »

I believe it is 270 k litres for the production chains as a limit
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

It very much depends on the production facility and the product. I'm not on my normal PC at the moment or I'd give you a more definitive answer, but off the top of my head something like the dairy takes 100K of milk but about 1/2 that in terms of sugar. The same with the cereal mill for example takes about 90K of corn but a lot less honey and raisins.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Each production facility has a "recipe" which defines the relative quantities of the inputs, an amount of storage for each input, and a production rate which determines how quick those are converted to the outputs. And I think a finite storage for outputs too, if not cleared the production stops.

If your savegame is kinda critical to you, its worth setting up another "test" savegame, giving yourself a ton of money and placing some production facilites so you can see the actual figures. I believe they are documented on the "cheat sheet" (search for another thread on that) but it wasn't that clear on there, so I've not referred to it and prefer to spend a bit of time doing the research.

In an ideal world, you'd work it all out then know how much area of land to grow X, how much area for Y, etc, and have it all smoothed out. Or you could sell the intermediates eg flour if you chose cereal farming --> mill --> bakery, since 1 mill doesn't neatly tie in with 1 bakery for production amounts.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Bakery:

Code: Select all

<capacity fillType="FLOUR"      capacity="65000" />
            <capacity fillType="SUGAR"      capacity="7000" />
            <capacity fillType="MILK"       capacity="7000" />
            <capacity fillType="EGG"        capacity="7000" />
            <capacity fillType="BUTTER"     capacity="7000" />
            <capacity fillType="STRAWBERRY" capacity="7000" />
            <capacity fillType="BREAD"      capacity="7000" />
            <capacity fillType="CAKE"       capacity="7000" />
Carpenter:

<capacity fillType="WOOD"      capacity="30000" />
            <capacity fillType="BOARDS"    capacity="18000" />
            <capacity fillType="FURNITURE" capacity="4000" />
            <capacity fillType="WOODCHIPS" capacity="5000" />
Cereal Factory:

<capacity fillType="HONEY"   capacity="30000" />
            <capacity fillType="RAISINS" capacity="30000" />
            <capacity fillType="OAT"     capacity="60000" />
            <capacity fillType="MAIZE"   capacity="60000" />
            <capacity fillType="CEREAL"  capacity="7000" />
Dairy:

<capacity fillType="MILK"       capacity="100000" />
            <capacity fillType="SUGAR"      capacity="36000" />
            <capacity fillType="BUTTER"     capacity="10000" />
            <capacity fillType="CHEESE"     capacity="5000" />
            <capacity fillType="CHOCOLATE"  capacity="5000" />
Grain Mill:

<capacity fillType="WHEAT"   capacity="270000" />
            <capacity fillType="BARLEY"  capacity="270000" />
            <capacity fillType="OAT"     capacity="270000" />
            <capacity fillType="SORGHUM" capacity="270000" />
            <capacity fillType="FLOUR"   capacity="30000" />
Oil Plant:

<capacity fillType="SUNFLOWER"     capacity="144000" />
            <capacity fillType="CANOLA"        capacity="144000" />
            <capacity fillType="OLIVE"         capacity="72000" />
            <capacity fillType="SUNFLOWER_OIL" capacity="10000" />
            <capacity fillType="CANOLA_OIL"    capacity="10000" />
            <capacity fillType="OLIVE_OIL"     capacity="5000" />
Raisin Factory:

<capacity fillType="GRAPE"      capacity="90000" />
            <capacity fillType="RAISINS"    capacity="12000" />
            <capacity fillType="GRAPEJUICE" capacity="10000" />
Spinnery:

<capacity fillType="WOOL"   capacity="45000" />
            <capacity fillType="COTTON" capacity="45000" />
            <capacity fillType="FABRIC" capacity="5000" />
Sugar Mill:

<capacity fillType="SUGARBEET"      capacity="360000" />
            <capacity fillType="SUGARBEET_CUT"  capacity="360000" />
            <capacity fillType="SUGARCANE"      capacity="360000" />
            <capacity fillType="SUGAR"          capacity="36000" />
Tailor Shop:

<capacity fillType="FABRIC"  capacity="32000" />
            <capacity fillType="CLOTHES" capacity="3000" />
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

It would have been helpful for the devs to provide that information in-game, like 100 / 1000 or something like that.
Maybe this could be an idea for a modder looking for something to do.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I have to wonder how much the placeables have different capacities than the stuff that is part of a map. (e.g. Dairy on HB doesn't do chocolate, thus no sugar capacity at all)
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

I was just wondering if the production facilities use the products that go into it automatically or do, they actually need the actual recipes before the input actually goes down. So does the unowned production facility still go through its recipes, and simulates making the product, because I saw a really weird behavior with the biogas plant 1mw on Elm Creek. I put some left over silage bales from a baling contract into the biogas plant which functions as a sale point because I don't own it. So, I put the silage bales in and I got paid and the silage in both pits went up, how I knew is if you look at the pits you can see a clear spot on the bottom of the container before I put the bales in it rose in both of them to where the spot was gone. I than got some extra surgar beats from a contract chopped them up and delivered them to the biogas plant 1mw, and the silage level went down. In the real world some type of surgar would be used in the acid mix to break down the silage into digestate. the Grain mill is simple as it may have 4 inputs but it only has 1 output so you can produce flour at faster speed if you have all of the inputs on since you only get flour out of that recipe, same thing with the surgar mill, may have more than one input, but only has one output for which is surgar. the rest of the production chain should go through the production alot slower because of the fact that the recipies and multiple outputs would make it longer except for the tailer shop as both cotton fabric and whool fabric will make a standard product output called clothes.

Edit: I do wish they added soy to the milk production chain as soy can be made into soy milk.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Yes, that seems to be a bug.
Even unowned productions will follow the recipes and not purely act as selling stations only. So once the storage capacity for inputs is reached, you will not be able to deliver any more goods. This causes trouble with harvesting contracts as you can not complete them in a reasonable time or the are already completed without delivering anything because their storage was full already.

Silage level went down on the BGA in your case:
BGAs use a dedicated recipe for each input type. So silage and sugarbeet cuts have different production lines that end up in the same output. My guess is, that the visual fill level depends on which production input you put into it. Meaning, putting silage into it will show the relative fill level of silage and putting sugarbeet cuts into it will switch to show the fill level for those.
But both lines can run in parallel at full speed. This is different compared to the spinnery for example. If you put in wool and cotton, both lines will share the production capacity and only run at half the speed. This is not shown in the interface. You can just observe it by looking at the outputs per time.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

I have never seen any harvesting contracts that point to a production chain on my game, its mostly sale points.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Same for me, at least not for production points I placed on my own. But many other users have apparently.
I'm currently playing on Erlengrat and pretty much every harvesting contract points to the supermarket. Only once it pointed me to the grain mill, which is an inbuilt production point on that map.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I have seen contracts on both Elm Creek and Haut Beyleron need delivering to Grain Mill and also Oil Factory, both of which can become blocked if they are already full. So contracts can indeed require you to unload at Production Facilities and sadly as these don’t function as typical sellpoints it can cause problems as people have pointed out above.

Other sell points I also have issues with are the Bakery on both maps, they only accept a limited amount of eggs, something like 7000 litres before they refuse to accept anymore. So on those maps players can lose an egg sellpoint if the bakery fills up, as it won’t consume any eggs until it gets all the other products required to make cakes. So it’ll just sit there waiting forever with 7000 eggs stored inside it.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

What would really fix that is if they bring back the delivery contracts from FS19 if you don't own the production chain when its full. Otherwise you could wait forever to get milk from the dairy location to the bakery so that the products get delivered and it drops, and you get your sell point back. Even though I think eggs can be sold at the fast food restursant and the restursant and bowling alley and grocery store.