Swedish map for consoles?

Adnel

Swedish map for consoles?

Post by Adnel »

Hi, I have a wish for a swedish map for consoles. Does anyone know if a map based on sweden is in the making? :biggrin2:
humbe

Re: Swedish map for consoles?

Post by humbe »

Only one I've seen on FS19 is Kvisslingsby.. I would hope for a Norwegian map or scandinavian map myself but I think it might take a good while. Modders probably create maps from their own type of area, and probably few scandianvian players to find a modder among ;)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

There's an awesome Norwegian map in the making, but I don't think it'll come to consoles, as it's to big.

I've seen a few Swedish, but haven't been following them (still enjoying the new Giants maps), so don't know if there are plans for getting them to consoles.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
humbe

Post by humbe »

Noraf wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:29 pm There's an awesome Norwegian map in the making, but I don't think it'll come to consoles, as it's to big.

I've seen a few Swedish, but haven't been following them (still enjoying the new Giants maps), so don't know if there are plans for getting them to consoles.
What map is that? Sounds interesting.. Trying to search I found Rennebu from FS19.. Hadn't seen that one before either..
crash

Post by crash »

Rennebu is right, Norwegian map, placed a bit north of Trondheim. and seems to be the reason to buy fs22 on another platform😁
Last edited by crash on Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
crash

Post by crash »

Search for Rennebu fs19/22 on FB, newest Info on the map is there. Think he is adjusting what he has made to fs22 atm.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
humbe

Post by humbe »

Rennebu looks awesome ;D.. 4x4 map sounds awesome to portray landscape here, where it's not fields upon fields, but fields stuck in the valley, and crammed in on mountainsides where there's space.

I hope he doesn't tire of the effort but manage to complete it. Looks like a release is quite a bit forwards in time though. Sounds like he's making a ton of models to get authentic buildings and such.

Have driven past there a few times, though been through Berkåk a lot more, as this valley is off the main road ;)
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Hey! I'm making Rennebu. :)
The map is 16x (8x8km). The default maps will fit inside one of the many forestry sites. Let that sink in for a moment. :)
That's right; the fields are flowing with the landscape. A lot of the map is steep terrain and mountains. The majority of farming is done down low next to the river, forestry is done up in the steep sloped terrain.

There's no "easy mode" with this one. It takes close to real time to drive from point to point. And even if I took the liberty to double the width of one of the bridges you'll travel on the most, it's still a challenge to go there because of the 90 degree turn at one end of it. Expect taking the long detour if you travel large! :)

- The map will be delivered as two mods; the map itself and a buildings pack (which will let me reuse the buildings in future maps, and expand on it down the road! Sort of like a library to save resources for you guys, and make it easier for me to maintain. :) )
- There is more than 30 unique buildings in now, and dozens more planned. Some are just visual candy, others are placeables (farmhouses, sheds, barns).
- Sell points and delivery points are as in real life; they are few and they are far apart. If you need more, and in a different location, you're free to buy and build your own ingame to suit your needs.
- Sawmill in the most dense forestry area (spawns big chunky beams of timber instead of pallets of neatly cut planks, like in the Sawmills mod pack)
- Carpenter in its exact real life location
- Grocery store in its exact real life location
- Grain mill in its exact real life location (will require you to get into the basement to collect pallets of flour and drive them out of the building. Will fit the smallest front loaders and the large forklift)
- Animal dealer in an ideal location for gameplay (fictional, irl it's a community house)
- Bakery in a real life location; inhabitants in the area can rent time and bake on their own. Especially popular for Christmas and Easter.
- Currently about 175K trees. Most of them can be harvested if you are daring enough to go high and steep.

I am currently over 2.5 years in on this project. Things take time when you have a full time job, family with kids, and this is my late night hobby. Motivation may be a problem at times and I wish I had an experienced team of modelers with me, but rest assured I will complete the map. What's taking the most time is making all the buildings as I see they should be. Going unique may be seen as a mistake by some, but it really adds to the overall look of the map when you don't see the same barn or house twice!

If you have any questions or just want to chat I have a discord. :)
falino

Post by falino »

Holmåkra was a Swedish logging map in fs19, and Björnholm was a Swedish farming map, sadly none of them has made it to fs22 modhub yet
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Mysslingen was great Map also on Fs19
falino

Post by falino »

JWE75 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:40 pm Mysslingen was great Map also on Fs19
Haven't seen it on the xbox mod hub though, pc only i guess,
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Adnel wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:39 am Hi, I have a wish for a swedish map for consoles. Does anyone know if a map based on sweden is in the making? :biggrin2:
For FS22, no. Actally don't think there been any Swedish map for console ever.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
chedly_farms