I see JHHG Modding was unbanned from modhub

Vorden

I see JHHG Modding was unbanned from modhub

Post by Vorden »

Is he still stealing other's content and uploading it? Custom Modding has been working on the JD 1775NT seeder for several months now and suddenly I see it on modhub, but from JHHG modding. I think something fishy is going on.
eric21

Re: I see JHHG Modding was unbanned from modhub

Post by eric21 »

He was unbanned for a while now, they work together now as they did a statement not too long ago. They've been known to steal from each other, including siid modding. They also did a mini boycott of uploading mods to the modhub, accusing giants of being anti American or something. But eventually it didn't ngo down too well with the community and came back and they admitted they lied
garyst

Post by garyst »

Actually eric21 jhhg and siid are friends and worked together on the john deere mods that were released today. Both jhhg and siid have been fighting/not getting along with custom modding. They did not steal the planter from custom modding but instead secretly made their own after custom modding had announced that he was working on that planter.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm thankful they have seemingly figured it out. I do wish the modders would all work together a bit better, so they wouldn't be working on duplicate items, but that only really affects us console players. So that is just a small personal gripe in which I feel is just trivial considering all they do.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:23 pm I'm thankful they have seemingly figured it out. I do wish the modders would all work together a bit better, so they wouldn't be working on duplicate items, but that only really affects us console players. So that is just a small personal gripe in which I feel is just trivial considering all they do.
When it comes to Giants policy on duplicate items I can't see why they can't all be published on the modhub and let players decide who's they which to use. Also as I see it the rule is not consistent in how it is enforced.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

According to MrMarcel5 (Giants QA), there are no longer restrictions against similar mods.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Bersson wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:49 am According to MrMarcel5 (Giants QA), there are no longer restrictions against similar mods.
This does seem to be the case, as there are now two John Deere 8Rs on modhub.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
MrMarcel5
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by MrMarcel5 »

Yup, generally we're fine now with "more than one mod per model" if there is a solid reason for it or enough changes.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:55 pm
Bersson wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:49 am According to MrMarcel5 (Giants QA), there are no longer restrictions against similar mods.
This does seem to be the case, as there are now two John Deere 8Rs on modhub.
Well, they are different model years...
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

MrMarcel5 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:15 pm Yup, generally we're fine now with "more than one mod per model" if there is a solid reason for it or enough changes.
Well this is good to hear, thank you
Onkel Mo

Post by Onkel Mo »

MrMarcel5 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:15 pm Yup, generally we're fine now with "more than one mod per model" if there is a solid reason for it or enough changes.
*thumbsup*