constant game chrashes in shop

RunsLikeADeere

constant game chrashes in shop

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Seems like I’m not the only one with this problem. MrSealyP just made an fb Post about it.

My game (PS4) constantly crashes when I go through options in shop or switch vehicles when I try to decide what to get. Happens with mods, happens with base game vehicles.

It’s ridiculous!
Hope Giants gets this together really soon. FS22 needs a lot of improvements and more stability…
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
Miura74

Re: constant game chrashes in shop

Post by Miura74 »

I'm wondering if the issue is some kind of conflict between base game items and mods that might be related to them or based on them.

I've not had many crashes on PS5, but did have one crash just yesterday. I had downloaded the Maxxum mod and in the shop viewed that mod first, then went to view the base game Maxxum, and it crashed. Wondering now if it's related. Reported to Sony anyway.
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

Same here on my PS5.Totally random,base game items,modded items,no mods installed.Totally random,might be every day,might be every few days.Each time I send the error thingy to Sony with a screen shot/video.Happened a bit on my PS4 with FS19 but that was always with mods.
Weefatmonkey

Post by Weefatmonkey »

I can't even enter the shop to buy anything. As anyone else had this problem? I have deleted most recent MODS. But still nothing. I can buy the 2nd hand stuff but anything else I can't. On xbox one
lawm

Post by lawm »

I've had a couple times where my ps4 flopped in the store? Does everyone's console fan run really fast when this happens? I dont know what's going on because my system doesnt feel overheated but the fan is going nuts when I first get in the game and mess with the store.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Try saving your game frequently. Autosave in 5 or 10 mins. Almost everybody is getting that issue but me. And I think frequently saving my is the only thing I'm doing differently. I sugessted this to a friend and it worked for him. Saving is a very resource intense action on FS. Hence, the frequent you save the game the less pressure put on the game mechanics like selecting options in the shop.
PS5 / FS22
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

How would saving cause less pressure on game mechanics?
Saving is taking a snapshot of a particular state, it doesn't clear memory or anything.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

DEERE318 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:06 am Saving is taking a snapshot of a particular state, it doesn't clear memory or anything.
I don't know how you "know" this as a fact but what I said was mentioned by a game developer at Giants way back when it was asked why saving takes that long in FS17. Saving still takes time even with Nvme SSDs. Especially when you don't save too long. The longer you don't save the longer it takes to save. Try and see for yourself.
PS5 / FS22
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

RODHA wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:46 am
DEERE318 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:06 am Saving is taking a snapshot of a particular state, it doesn't clear memory or anything.
I don't know how you "know" this as a fact but what I said was mentioned by a game developer at Giants way back when it was asked why saving takes that long in FS17. Saving still takes time even with Nvme SSDs. Especially when you don't save too long. The longer you don't save the longer it takes to save. Try and see for yourself.
I have made several apps and games. When they save, it's a snapshot of the current state, and the memory footprint remains the same. My apps and games don't hold needless things in memory. So I "know" how I do things.
It doesn't make sense that saving a game in FS will make the game run better.
I'm not trying to criticize you, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense and I wish I could read the post where the dev says that.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

From what I have seen it is linked to the issue we have on PC where you select something and no options appear. On PC you just exit that piece of kit then go back in and the options show up apparently it causes consoles to crash.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

DEERE318 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:27 pm So I "know" how I do things.
I didn't mean you don't know how a software does the saving. I meant "how do you know as a fact the way FS does the saving?" Surely saving isn't done with just one method.

If they didn't delete it you can find the post of the dev somewhere here in the forum. Probably in the FS17 section.

Besides what I suggested to the OP was just my experience. I do it this way and I don't get game crashes. The same method solved the issue for my friend too. He is also on PS5. So, even if I don't know the exact mechanics behind it I know it solves this issue. That's it.
PS5 / FS22
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

RODHA wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:48 pm
DEERE318 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:27 pm So I "know" how I do things.
I didn't mean you don't know how a software does the saving. I meant "how do you know as a fact the way FS does the saving?" Surely saving isn't done with just one method.

If they didn't delete it you can find the post of the dev somewhere here in the forum. Probably in the FS17 section.

Besides what I suggested to the OP was just my experience. I do it this way and I don't get game crashes. The same method solved the issue for my friend too. He is also on PS5. So, even if I don't know the exact mechanics behind it I know it solves this issue. That's it.
I didn't mean to imply I know how they're doing it.
Trying to make it clear. If they release memory by saving the game, then what are they releasing from memory, and how do they access it next time you need whatever was released?
I'm not asking you to answer my questions. They are just questions I'd have for the dev if he suggested saving makes the game run better.
If your workaround is working for you then that is great, and others should consider doing it for sure.
Farmerlynch

Post by Farmerlynch »

There is a mod for a fendt tractor (ps5) which caused my game the crash as soon as i opened the shop after purchasing it. Deleted the mod and have not crashed since.
I know others here say they crash without mods , for that I don’t know. Just trying to help anyone who is having the same conflict I was.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The last two times I tried to play, it has happened on xbox.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

I haven't until now any crash in ps5, have some mods installed and no problems in shop