Multitool

eknievel115

Multitool

Post by eknievel115 »

Anybody know how to set up the multitool for combines or other machines?
JensChrDK

Re: Multitool

Post by JensChrDK »

Multitool?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

eknievel115 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:54 am Anybody know how to set up the multitool for combines or other machines?
I assume from your question you are using Courseplay so this is how I do it.

I have used multiple combines many times with both FS17 & FS19 so my instructions will be based on those editions of FS. I have not used FS22 Courseplay so I do not know what their set-up menu is like. But the basic concept should be the same.

First, position the lead combine where you want it to start. Activate the “Fieldwork” mode on the combine. Go to the “Course Generate” menu and do the field settings you would normally use. Then go to the “Multi Tool “ option and set it at 2 for two combines or to the number of combines you plan to use. Now generate the field work course and it will be a path twice as wide as the header you are using if there are only two combines. (Both combines must be the same with the same width headers.)

The mode on the far right of the Courseplay menu has the setting as to which side of the path the lead combine will take – I always put it on the left side for no particular reason. Now give your course a name and save it. Start the lead combine and go to your next combine and call up the saved course. Check that it will take the right side of the harvesting path and start it on its way.

To avoid conflicts of “right-away” I always let the lead combine get a long ways ahead of the following combine. Hope this helps and even with separation you will probably get some conflicts but Courseplay has really become a pretty stable product and have used multiple tools a lot, cultivating, seeding and harvesting.

Good luck.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

A lot has changed regarding multi-tool in Courseplay 22. It's currently in Github testing and has some growing pains. I'd advise waiting until it's feature complete.
eknievel115

Post by eknievel115 »

Dagrump wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:15 pm
eknievel115 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:54 am Anybody know how to set up the multitool for combines or other machines?
I assume from your question you are using Courseplay so this is how I do it.

I have used multiple combines many times with both FS17 & FS19 so my instructions will be based on those editions of FS. I have not used FS22 Courseplay so I do not know what their set-up menu is like. But the basic concept should be the same.

First, position the lead combine where you want it to start. Activate the “Fieldwork” mode on the combine. Go to the “Course Generate” menu and do the field settings you would normally use. Then go to the “Multi Tool “ option and set it at 2 for two combines or to the number of combines you plan to use. Now generate the field work course and it will be a path twice as wide as the header you are using if there are only two combines. (Both combines must be the same with the same width headers.)

The mode on the far right of the Courseplay menu has the setting as to which side of the path the lead combine will take – I always put it on the left side for no particular reason. Now give your course a name and save it. Start the lead combine and go to your next combine and call up the saved course. Check that it will take the right side of the harvesting path and start it on its way.

To avoid conflicts of “right-away” I always let the lead combine get a long ways ahead of the following combine. Hope this helps and even with separation you will probably get some conflicts but Courseplay has really become a pretty stable product and have used multiple tools a lot, cultivating, seeding and harvesting.

Good luck.
Tyvm for the help will try it.