Why does Xbox have such small mod space?

Bunyip Farm

Why does Xbox have such small mod space?

Post by Bunyip Farm »

I've got 28 mods and have already used 20% of my 4Gb. Over half that is just 1 map. So we'll be limited to 1 or 2 maps if we're lucky in 6 months. Serious Giants surely we deserve better than this. Even Playstation's 8Gb is a not nearly enough.

150Gb+ is the norm these days for games, FS22 is a lot less than that, so why such woeful space for mods?

Don't know why I even bothered, no one from Giants will read this or care enough to do anything about if they do.

Congrats on 3 million in sales. Kramer's a female K9.
Illinois Farmer

Re: Why does Xbox have such small mod space?

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Based on your math you could have 5 maps and 140 mods, plus the 3 base game ones. You also don't need everything installed. Uninstall the certain maps after you are done with them. Your save can still be listed without the mask installed. It is weird ps has more than xbox, but that is Sony and Microsoft, NOT giants.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Last gen has 4gb, new gen has 8gb for mods
Fanta4

Post by Fanta4 »

No.. even on Xbox Series X and S it is only 4GB. On PS5 it is 8GB.

It is about Giants to change it.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I do wish consoles had more mods storage.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

There is a post in this forum from Giants...some where, I'm too lazy to find it. Giants said they have contacted Microsoft to request that the Series X gets an increase to 8 gigs.

I run a series X and it would be amazing to get the sort of mod storage Flight Simulator has. I'm at 92% full. I like mods and choice.
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Fanta4

Post by Fanta4 »

Why should Microsoft reduce the Mod Storage for Farming Sim ? When Snowrunner and Flight Simulator has not limit... this makes no sense.
Illinois Farmer

That's not what he is saying. Giants has reached out to Microsoft to change xbox modhub space to 8gb. It is on Microsoft to change, not giants.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:29 pm That's not what he is saying. Giants has reached out to Microsoft to change xbox modhub space to 8gb. It is on Microsoft to change, not giants.
Thanks Illinois, that's exactly what I meant😸
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Guil

Post by Guil »

Stegei confirms it in this thread, I could have sworn there was a news articles saying both new gen had 8gb
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=181798&p=1426920& ... i#p1426920
Illinois Farmer

Yeah I think giants themselves were surprised xbox didn't have the 8gb.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Fanta4 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:27 pm Why should Microsoft reduce the Mod Storage for Farming Sim ? When Snowrunner and Flight Simulator has not limit... this makes no sense.
I agree that consoles should have more limits for people that like choice.

But I think the reason why Microsoft Flight Simulator has no restrictions on a Microsoft Xbox is quite obvious. Honestly never noticed if there was a limit on snowrunner, but then I haven’t tried to load as many mods on it as I have on Farming Simulator.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I’m about due to get a new console. I’m considering PlayStation this time, in good part because Xbox smaller mod space. However, I remember a few years ago talk about fewer mods for PlayStation than Xbox. That’s old information, I know, and am asking if the mods would be comparable between the two consoles.

I love mods and, while I don’t keep ALL of them downloaded all the time, I do tend to run up against the limits fairly quickly.

If I could, I’d get a pic, but for a number of reasons, that’s not possible.
Guil

Post by Guil »

The same mods were always available on both iirc. Some might have appeared on one before the other in error or that
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

FS19 used to have 4GB for both PlayStation and Xbox. For FS22 we've been able to get an exception for 8GB on PlayStation, however not on Xbox. So currently we're stuck at 4GB on Xbox. There are, however potential ways to improve this in the future which we are looking into.