What's with the insane water prices?

humbe

What's with the insane water prices?

Post by humbe »

In FS19, I often used water from a close lake/river which of course was free.. I sometimes built a water tank, which had some minor maintenance cost for the building, but the water was pumped from the ground and free..

But what's with the insane water prices in FS22? It seems I'm paying £183 per 1000 liters of water I'm getting outta my own well. That's £0,18 per liter of water. I could buy cheap soda for the same price.
deerefarm

Re: What's with the insane water prices?

Post by deerefarm »

I'm not sure what map you're playing on but there are quite a few places to get "free" water. I did a video a little while ago showing the locations on each map. I keep meaning to update the video as I've found a few new sources to get water from. But in the meantime I hope this helps;

P.S. Thanks for the motivation, I've been meaning to do an update but now it's at the top of my list.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeah.. I can find spots on the map to get free water.. But it seems all already placed, and all buildable water tanks/sources charge you a lot for the water, on top of property maintenance.. It's not like I need distilled water, so even though I'm buying water of someone else, I'd expect to pay far less (per liter) than then I enter a shop and buy half a liter of something to drink. At least around here, you can drill to get access of ground water, and you basically have a free supply afterwards. I was shocked first taking water from the tank in starting Erlengrat farm.. Now again on Chalmsden water tank, and even from a placeable well mod. Seems like the default water price is just way too high.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Did you try https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

According to the description it gives free water.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:27 pm Did you try https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

According to the description it gives free water.
Not tried that one.. Sounds good ;).. But I still wonder about the reasoning for adding the high price for the default ones. It's not that I can't manage to get around it, but what is the reason for it to be like that to begin with? I can just as well start producing Kobe beef, as it isn't more costly to provice the cows with cheap beer than water ;)
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

$1 per 10L of water seems quite reasonable, however bulk pricing should be a thing.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

humbe wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:11 am Yeah.. I can find spots on the map to get free water.. But it seems all already placed, and all buildable water tanks/sources charge you a lot for the water, on top of property maintenance.. It's not like I need distilled water, so even though I'm buying water of someone else, I'd expect to pay far less (per liter) than then I enter a shop and buy half a liter of something to drink. At least around here, you can drill to get access of ground water, and you basically have a free supply afterwards. I was shocked first taking water from the tank in starting Erlengrat farm.. Now again on Chalmsden water tank, and even from a placeable well mod. Seems like the default water price is just way too high.
Yep, the price is way to high. I downloaded the "fire hydrant" mod and edited the xml file. Now I pay $1 for a full trailer full of water (32000L) :blushnew:
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

dan1109 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:17 am $1 per 10L of water seems quite reasonable, however bulk pricing should be a thing.
Where I live, tap water is $4.51/1000 gallons, which is $1.19 per 1000 L. The 8,000 L tank would cost $10 to fill, less if you find a cheaper, untreated source.
There’s no place like utopia.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

NDDan wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:41 pm
dan1109 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:17 am $1 per 10L of water seems quite reasonable, however bulk pricing should be a thing.
Where I live, tap water is $4.51/1000 gallons, which is $1.19 per 1000 L. The 8,000 L tank would cost $10 to fill, less if you find a cheaper, untreated source.
Ja...I was thinking of bottled water, not tap water...just looked at my water bill, lol. Still...everything was chosen and calculated for a reason. It may not seem much, but making water free throws green houses and anything else that uses water out of balance. Of course, I would use free water if I was gonna use that future rice paddy flooding feature planned for the Louisiana Map, lol.