Horse helper mod - Is it working for you?

Miketeg

Horse helper mod - Is it working for you?

Post by Miketeg »

Hi,

I did install this mod and it seems to do nothing. Do I have to hire the helper or it's suppose to be automatic every day at midnigh as we see in the screenshot?

I'm the only one?

As info, I did install it on an existing save game that had horse already. I did sell / rebuy few of my horses and no helper either.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Mdusty

Re: Horse helper mod - Is it working for you?

Post by Mdusty »

I installed it, and although it doesn't show that any riding is done on the status like I expected, or grooming when I walk up to the horses, it does show the fitness at 100% which used to not go to that unless I rode them, so perhaps that is what drives the price of the horses for sale. Time will tell.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I think it only adds 50 percent riding at 23:00 if your horse hasn’t been ridden that day. Once at 24:00 (0:00) it resets to zero for the next day.

I would rather it add the 50 percent at the beginning of the day, not the end.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I can't get it to work either. Have been searching for some more info about the mod, but seems like as long it is "enabled" you will be charged with an "Animal upkeep" at 23:00 and Horses riding and cleaning needs are taken care of.

I like having horses, but riding them all takes time, so hope I can figure this out.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Tva

Post by Tva »

Aholz89 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:53 am I can't get it to work either. Have been searching for some more info about the mod, but seems like as long it is "enabled" you will be charged with an "Animal upkeep" at 23:00 and Horses riding and cleaning needs are taken care of.

I like having horses, but riding them all takes time, so hope I can figure this out.
Yep, that's how is working. Just increase time acceleration to 23:00 and you should see the message pop up and if you check the horses they should have riding bar full. If not then something is wrong on your end, try reinstalling the mod and for troubleshooting try using only this mod to see if the problem isn't some incompatibility.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

After some testing my conclusion is:

Horsehelper mod works completely fine, as long as you have the stables. It does nothing if you only have the pasture.

Tested with only this mod enabled and tested stable and pasture side by side.

Might have to save up some cash for the stables then^^
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Ah! THanks for the info! I do have pasture, not stables!

Thanks
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
DutchTed

Re: Horse helper mod - Pasture fix

Post by DutchTed »

Aholz89 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:20 pm After some testing my conclusion is:

Horsehelper mod works completely fine, as long as you have the stables. It does nothing if you only have the pasture.

Tested with only this mod enabled and tested stable and pasture side by side.

Might have to save up some cash for the stables then^^
The mod code only checks for stables and not pastures but it is a simple fix if you don't mind editing the code.

Open up the zip file edit the horseHelper.lua file and change the line (should be around line 8.)

Code: Select all

if s.typeName == "horseHusbandry" then
to

Code: Select all

if (s.typeName == "horseHusbandry") or (s.typeName == "horseHusbandryPasture") then
Problem solved :biggrin2: