Thoughts fs22

Bridgecape

Thoughts fs22

Post by Bridgecape »

The first suggestion is stone fields. Not every field can be a stone field, could it a little mitigate with those stones. If I make the suggestion that 1/5 could be rock fields. There are differents type of soils. Moraine lands are just touse stone lands. But there is Peatland which can be muddy and submersible. Then is clay soil which wake a little later at spring, it is a little gold land, put very fertile land, at rainy seasons it's pretty slippery. So there is absolutely gorgeous sand mould lands.
Why i wrote this all. I thought if we play fs 22 about 2 years forward we are quite broken with these stones.

Ok, then I wait the 3th sim, welcome my game. And I was delighted with our varied garment stock.
More i wish houses could go inside. Oo the Chellington farms house from fs19, sighing dreaming…

Games will be quite complete, or at least that point will know the end of the game. But these are my thoughts.

:gamer: Sul sul
Ifibe

Re: Thoughts fs22

Post by Ifibe »

I like the idea of various types of soil (This was implemented to a degree with Seasons in FS19 although not for stones per se). If wanting to do more realism as well stones would definitely decrease with each passing season. Yes, they never go completely away if you have stones in real life but they decrease with each season picked.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

I’m the proud owner of FS 15 - FS 22. Some games better than others overall. Within one game an activity is better than others. I enjoy all the games for the PS4. I will try all when I get a PS5.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Ifibe wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:48 pm I like the idea of various types of soil (This was implemented to a degree with Seasons in FS19 although not for stones per se).
That was part of the Precision Farming mod in FS19, not Seasons. Hopefully an updated FS22 version is on the way.
PS4
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:51 pm
Ifibe wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:48 pm I like the idea of various types of soil (This was implemented to a degree with Seasons in FS19 although not for stones per se).
That was part of the Precision Farming mod in FS19, not Seasons. Hopefully an updated FS22 version is on the way.
Apparently it’s planned for Easter 👍🏼
Ifibe

Post by Ifibe »

Sorry you are right that was part of precision farming. Another idea with this would be to implement compaction, mud, etc. Kinda like reducing yield if harvest in the rain maybe introduce penalty for driving on fields that are wet that can only be undone with subsoiling... Maybe if wet, tractors lose traction especially if heavy. At least part of the physics is there is with going uphill.

All kinds of things you could do down this path.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Penalty for harvesting in the rain is in the game already.
I doubt mud would be implemented, as they still need to have it enjoyable for the masses, and not everyone want an mudrunner experience
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Ifibe

Post by Ifibe »

Noraf wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:46 am Penalty for harvesting in the rain is in the game already.
I doubt mud would be implemented, as they still need to have it enjoyable for the masses, and not everyone want an mudrunner experience
I know the penalty for harvest exists. I was suggested maybe that penalty be added when working fields wet which would cause compaction and thereby reduce yield.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

Ifibe wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:28 pm
Noraf wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:46 am Penalty for harvesting in the rain is in the game already.
I know the penalty for harvest exists. I was suggested maybe that penalty be added when working fields wet which would cause compaction and thereby reduce yield.
I don't see how wet ground would look, since everything in the game stays dry during rain
Bridgecape

Post by Bridgecape »

Yes, but if you use the idea on/off before we start the game. eg. plowing on/off, lime on/off, weeds on/off. Then the mudrunner at the early spring and rain on/off, the clay slippery in the rain on / off, etc.

I remembered that old man plowed his "dried from the bog-field" in the early winter when the land had come frost it bearing tractor and plow, and he trew the lime, at some point spring-winter january-februare when the land was in the frost. :wink3:
Oddbob

Post by Oddbob »

I am fine with no mud, as that would be hard to implement graphically for everyone, however I would at least like pavement and dirt, etc, to look wet when it is raining. I also wish they would add a couple terrain angles on consoles. I know they can't go crazy, but a couple more would be nice.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

I would love to see more grass & gravel options. Specifically the grass from fs15 and the short mowed look at the first part of 19 close to the house as it makes for a neat yard for the PS5 consoles at least. Use of rollers to delete fields like fs19. I used the gravel for tar and chip or gravel I always called it growing up.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Bridgecape wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:38 pm
If you are on PC, I would like to recommend you the Terra Farm mod :
https://github.com/scfmod/FS22_TerraFarm

What does this mod do? Is a terraforming mod, it lets you doing landscaping with machinery. For example, if you want to collect stones, then with this mod you can dig the ground with an excavator (or any other equipment you wish) in order to collect as many stones as you want :)
Also, the mod has variables. For example, maybe you don't want to lower the ground anymore but to smooth it, you can do it. Also, you can choose what ground texture will be when you digging, for example dirt, gravel, etc.
So, instead of doing the landscape with the game's basic feature, you can DIY :)

I am using this mod with The Western Wilds map ( https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022 )
You can't imagine how many stones I've collected so far :lol: :lol:

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD