FS 22 Courseplay

02sam

FS 22 Courseplay

Post by 02sam »

Hi Guys
I am running to latest beta version of courseplay on my pc on the Calmsden Map I have a problem when I set a course, I want it to go up and down the field on the longest side but it always sets a route diagonal across the field corner to corner.
Is there any way I can change this please?
punchi

Re: FS 22 Courseplay

Post by punchi »

There is an option somewhere, when generating a course. Its set to automatically, but you can set it go longest side or manual. Just check some settings
02sam

Post by 02sam »

Ok thank you I will have a look for that
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I also use Courseplay on the same map. For me it will go up/down unless I tell it otherwise. Courseplay seems to have matured nicely. But I had to see a few Youtube videos to figure out how to use it.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
02sam

Post by 02sam »

kahfs wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:22 am I also use Courseplay on the same map. For me it will go up/down unless I tell it otherwise. Courseplay seems to have matured nicely. But I had to see a few Youtube videos to figure out how to use it.
Hi thanks for the info i am starting to get it to work ok now i have harvested one field with no problems so just got to link it with auto drive and that would be awesome
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

For that I would recommend the Youtube videos by Scroft.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmM8 ... XGPjlfa3pf
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

So I recently got back into pc gaming (coming from Xbox) but when I played courseplay had a much different gui. In fs22 version, everything is done through the ingame menus and looks like some features are gone. Will there be an option to have the older gui?

My understanding for the new version is to make it more friendly for people that use a controller.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

sittinhere wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:15 pm So I recently got back into pc gaming (coming from Xbox) but when I played courseplay had a much different gui. In fs22 version, everything is done through the ingame menus and looks like some features are gone. Will there be an option to have the older gui?

My understanding for the new version is to make it more friendly for people that use a controller.
Usually courseplay isn’t done adding features until the next version of the game is released. If somethings missing I would just be patient, it will be added eventually. As to your first question I would assume the new menu system is here to stay
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Mwal wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:40 pm
sittinhere wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:15 pm So I recently got back into pc gaming (coming from Xbox) but when I played courseplay had a much different gui. In fs22 version, everything is done through the ingame menus and looks like some features are gone. Will there be an option to have the older gui?

Usually courseplay isn’t done adding features until the next version of the game is released. If somethings missing I would just be patient, it will be added eventually. As to your first question I would assume the new menu system is here to stay
Yeah I figure they would. Just noticed there wasn’t an option to do headlands last instead of first. I know this was in past courseplay. Far as the gui, guess I’ll have to get used to it
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

There will be no return to the "old" GUI. There is an option to do headlands last.

sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

mackintosh wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:22 pm There will be no return to the "old" GUI. There is an option to do headlands last.

Yeah I figured out that center meant doing headlands last and not center of the field. Different wording for fs19, 17 and 15 courseplay.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah in FS19 that option was Start on and then you chose either "Up & Down Rows" or "Headlands" the change of wording in FS22 does make it a little confusing.

Whilst I'm slowly getting used to the new gui for Courseplay in FS22, I do wonder how they are going to implement recording your own courses such as refill courses, bale/loading wagon unload courses, silage compacting and bunker emptying courses with this new version of courseplay and the new gui. There was a lot of functionality in that old gui/hud of past courseplay games, which seems like it'll be hard to replicate or implement into the current gui. For a start being locked into the actual game menu seems to mean it'll be almost impossible to record your own courses. I know a lot of people will say you need to use Autodrive for that, but I did like the fact I could do transporting and selling within courseplay plus the previously mentioned silage levelling/compacting and bunker emptying, which definitely aren't something Autodrive can help with.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I believe all that will be handled by AutoDrive now. They are working together to integrate some features. I agree though, I do miss some of the options that were offloaded onto AutoDrive, especially chopper and silo handling, which CP did much better. As good as AD is, it's not good enough. I suppose some of these changes were necessitated by whatever GIANTS did in 22, others probably due to the CP team always being in a state of flux - most people who worked on it in 15, 17 and 19 are long gone.
ZB333ZB

Post by ZB333ZB »

kahfs wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:22 am For me it will go up/down unless I tell it otherwise. Courseplay seems to have matured nicely.
Please tell me, how to make Courseplay create not up/down rows? I can't get it how to set row direction manually like it was in the FS19 version. I played with the target position and the field position, but I still get longwise rows. I have a field on the hill. I want a vehicle to go shortwise not longwise.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Best way is to make sure you have enabled expert mode, then on the course creator screen make sure you have the following:

Make sure Up/Down Row Direction is set to Manual and then in the new box at the bottom outlined in red in the image above you can manual set the angle you want the vehicle to drive across the field.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*