Contract silo full. Now what?

Billybob01

Re: Contract silo full. Now what?

Post by Billybob01 »

I had this issue with sugar beet contract delivered to my sugar mill.
I continued to tip the trailer although no crop actually left the trailer it still looked as though it was tipping ( crop was coming out visually but no actual amount leaving the trailer ) it still caries on adding the amount onto the contract delivered %. It fulfilled the contract and I got to keep the crop which I put i. My storage.
Everyone’s a winner👍👍
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

So, the corn contract on Field 25 popped up again, with the Cereal Factory as the sell point, again, and because I am a relentless, hardcore gamer, I just had to try it again. When I arrived at the CF with the first load of corn, the CF was still saying "No spare capacity for corn". OK, this is a fail. I finished the harvest because hey, who doesn't need some extra crop, and took the hit on the contract fail. Verdict= contracts to production sites are broken. I have to admit, for the first time in a long time I was frustrated enough to quit the game. (Had a great night running Lago Maggiore Gr.4 events in GT Sport, which eased my pain.)
Old fat guy with a day job...
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

If you stored the corn in your own silo and took the contract fail, then you will be "fined" an amount equivalent to the current value of that crop. But you can sell it at any time you like, eg when the price peaks. You won't get the money for the contract (because you didn't fulfil it) though, if you deliberately failed it. Or you could keep it until the sell point has input storage capacity and succeed at the contract, albeit possibly months later. That's the normal mechanism.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Is this dependant on the map? Does the modder have any control of this? I am on OSF and the first contract I took was for delivery to the grain mill. Since I bought the grain mill I haven’t seen any contracts to deliver there.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

For Paul C- I understand how it works. I waited a month the last time around, and the sell point did not process any product or free up any capacity. Even if it had, the field netted about 78000 l and the contact wanted what, 80% of that, and the sell point was full at 60000 l, so I suspect it would have been a long wait. I'm not interested in owning the production point, so that is off the table as a potential solution. I am still in "income build" mode, and can't afford to tie up a contract slot for months. I had 17000 l from the last time around, and the full 78000 or so from this go, so I took the contract fail penalty and I'll just sell the corn when it peaks.
What is troubling here is that there are now contracts appearing that are, in effect, impossible to complete, at least in any timely manner. I don't ever recall having to wait to deliver contract harvest goods in 19...
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Hey old fat guy with a day job, by chance did you try dumping some at another sell point? Just a little to see what happens.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

No, corn was at $750-ish, figured I'd hold out for more. At that point I had kind of given up on the contract being complete-able.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Best solution I can find for PC Players until Giants acknowledge this issue and provide a fix (I doubt they will) is to go into your game data and edit every maps production point xml files, the placeable production point xmls and any mod productions xml files and mod map production xml files, and change the input storage capacity to something ridiculous like 100,000,000 litres for all input items. That way they can't easily get full and stop accepting products whilst you are doing and delivering contracts.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

Also, for PC players, you could edit the missions.xml to a different sell point. The sell point ID in the missions file should correspond to the ID in placeables.xml. So find a different sell point in placeables.xml and just change the number in the missions file.
Another idea: Do any of the contract mods, like Better Contracts or Refresh Contracts, shuffle the sell points when you clear and refresh? If so, you could do that before accepting a contract. I think there are 2-3 mods like that now.
There’s no place like utopia.
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

I was watching FSClub, one day and the production facility was at capacity and 1/2 through the contract, the last trailer load said production facility at max capacity, so they drove the product to their own production facility and the contract was completed. The contracts don't really care which grain mill you give your product too, it only cares that you deliver it.

So for example if you have a contract to deliver product to the oil mill and its at capacity, if you have an oil mill on your farm you can deliver the other part of the contract to your own oil mill and you will get the product that comes from that. It will also complete the contract because you delivered it to an oil mill.