Contract silo full. Now what?

Shyeroka

Contract silo full. Now what?

Post by Shyeroka »

Hello everyone!

I'm playing Farm Simulator 22 on a PS4 and I'm playing the mod map called New Bartelshagen 2022 and I'm currently working on a contract, harvesting sorghum out of field number 6 which is a very large field. The sell point for the contract is the grain mill. For the first time I've encountered a problem where the sell points silo says it has reached max capacity.

My question is: Is there anyone who knows how to remedy the problem so I can finish my contract? I'm only 41% complete and I would really like to be able to finish the contract.

Any help would be great. Thanks so much!
Shintai

Re: Contract silo full. Now what?

Post by Shintai »

It likely need time to process the grain as it is a sell point.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Find and download the biggest capacity trailers, rent a couple (or how many it takes) of them and put them in the field, then finish the harvest, without delivering anymore for now. That should give you a more accurate % of how finish the contract is. While harvesting, maybe speed up time a little, so the mill can process some of the sorghum you have delivered and make room for more when you finish the harvest.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Train silos are free storage though, so does that exist on the map?
Then dump the rest of the harvest there, and then it's a trip to the mill every other month from then , till you have delivered enough.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Renting trailers will (probably) cost more than the contract is worth.

The best way round would be to find/use some free storage, harvest it all then drip feed the mill until its accepted enough for contract completion. It could take many months though.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Whenever I have run into this issue in game since the game released (yeah this issue with contract delivery to production points has been here since the game released and is still not addressed or has a work around in Update 1.3) is to deliver all harvested material to my own farm silo, that's free storage, harvest the whole field, storing all the crop in my silo. Then after the field is completely harvested start delivering the crop from my silo to the required destination. Once the required destination gets full and stops accepting anymore stuff, I put the material back in my silo and then carrying on playing the game doing other things for a few in game days. Then I deliver the remaining material when the production point has had chance to process and work through some of the stored material.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:11 pm (yeah this issue with contract delivery to production points has been here since the game released and is still not addressed or has a work around in Update 1.3)
I believe the issue is related to the mod, not the base game. In the base game, the maps are designed such that the contract algorithm will make its selection and that contract is always possible to fulfil (if the sell point isn't owned by the player and full of product already). It seems that field 6 being a very large field is the issue.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Problem has happened in the base game, with Giants own maps for me, and is totally not mod related for me. Production Points make very bad destinations for contracts as they have a storage capacity. So as an example on Haut Beyleron I harvest a couple of my own fields, which have Sorghum on them and take them and "Sell" them at Grain Mill. I then accept a harvest contract on the map to harvest a field of Sorghum and deliver to same Grain Mill. The very first trailer load I get from the field, I take there and am unable to deliver as the Grain Mill's capacity is full. Obviously people would say that's incredible bad luck on my part and bad timing that I had sold my own crop moments before taking a contract for the same destination.

However I say the problem should not exist at all, as Giants should have made it so the Production Points function like regular sell points with an infinite ability to accept crops until they have been purchased by a player and then go into production mode. Alternatively, Giants should have made their contract system, so that Production Buildings can never be a destination or a delivery point for contracts, or made it so in someway contract material does not go into the storage and just sort of disappears.

This would help with the other side effect of contracts delivering to Production Buildings owned by Players, where the material delivered for the contract goes into the player's storage and then gets turned into products the player is then able to sell, meaning not only does the player get paid for the contract, not only does the player get the excess material from the field, but the player gets 100% of the material then turned into products they can then take and sell for even more profit.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Thanks for the detail, I see what you mean now. Yeah....its not great.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Must have slipped past the testing folks, and developers. I wonder how that could have happened.
Shyeroka

Post by Shyeroka »

Oh, thank you everyone for your help with this! I decided to go with storing it in my own silo for now until the grain mill has enough room for more of the sorghum. I sure appreciate it!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

The production chain points should be totally separate from sell points, for me the whole production side holds little interest and it seems to cause issues. Seasonal cycles replaced the Seasons mod and productions have replaced Global Co in both cases we now have poorer versions of both.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I had the same issue on Elmcreek- my post on the tech support forum:

viewtopic.php?f=964&t=189234
Old fat guy with a day job...
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

If only sell points had some way to tell if the crop you're delivering is yours or if it is from a contract...hmmm...a prompt might work in this type of situation.
Oh wait, I already suggested that, and met with a lot of resistance.
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Shaba said that there should be a trailer package for IT Runner out shortly earlier this month. In the meantime there is a Rolland trailer pack. You could buy or rent the trailer tops from that pack to use as mobile storage. The tops for Rolland / IT Runner are cheap.

Somebody also did an unofficial mod update to the IT Runner trailer pack back in December. They did it on the larger (26.33 pack) So the grain storage tops should be in the 45,000L capacity. In FS19 I used IT Runner tops as mobile storage containers frequently. I could even park the tops at the sell points for quick response to high demands. iirc some even had the option of color choice on the trailer tops, so you could technically color code. I definitely did that on my herbicide /fertilizer tops.