BGA - Worth It?

mark23

BGA - Worth It?

Post by mark23 »

With the modded Mini Biogas Plant on Modhub being more affordable than the in game or bigger modded BGA's, is building that and using it worth it? I make decent money at the moment selling my extra silage but in the spirit of trying something new I am looking at the Mini Biogas Plant on Modhub but I don't want to throw money away for no reason.

Anyone have any experience with this? I know it auto sells the electricity and methane which i am happy for it to do but seems a bit pointless if it sells for less than the value of the silage you put in. My other thought was just to use slurry and manure off my cows as inputs as using these on fields seems quite time consuming compared to granulised fertiliser
Cardos

Re: BGA - Worth It?

Post by Cardos »

Yes, you'll make 200%+ more putting silage into the BGA. Dis Turbed has a great video titled "FS22 - most profitable BGA" that will tell you more.

You'll also make much more putting manure and slurry in the BGA than selling it directly if you aren't using it for fertilisation, and the BGA gives digestate as a by-product which can be used to fertilise.
mark23

Post by mark23 »

Thanks for the info. I will get building its ASAP!
disturbed_farmer

Post by disturbed_farmer »

As Cardos said you get about double selling silage through the BGA (185%). I kind of hate how giants make it so it's not easy to see if it's better to sell or use a BGA.

Here are the details of the gains from selling through my mini BGA (or any of the base game ones) the advantage of the mini one is it's at least 10 times quicker and way cheaper.

Silage 185%
Slurry 961%
Manure 961%
Cut Sugarbeet 262%
Sugarbeet 262%
potatoes 186%
Straw 133%
raran

Post by raran »

disturbed_farmer wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:58 am As Cardos said you get about double selling silage through the BGA (185%). I kind of hate how giants make it so it's not easy to see if it's better to sell or use a BGA.

Here are the details of the gains from selling through my mini BGA (or any of the base game ones) the advantage of the mini one is it's at least 10 times quicker and way cheaper.

Silage 185%
Slurry 961%
Manure 961%
Cut Sugarbeet 262%
Sugarbeet 262%
potatoes 186%
Straw 133%
I already have a modular BGA setup (after seeing your tutorial on it which i edited a bit to be somewhat fatser) but otherwise i'd use this in an instant. Keep up the good work m8, both in modding and content creating! I'm a fan. *thumbsup*
mark23

Post by mark23 »

disturbed_farmer & raran -Thank you both. I built Dis Turbed's Mini BGA last night - and its awesome.

Thanks for all the info
crash

Post by crash »

I also recommend the big bga mod pack where there is a power and gas plant that turns digastate Into electricy. On old stream farm I use those two plus the bga on the map, and I make 187k on 50k of silage each day.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
disturbed_farmer

raran wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:10 am
disturbed_farmer wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:58 am As Cardos said you get about double selling silage through the BGA (185%). I kind of hate how giants make it so it's not easy to see if it's better to sell or use a BGA.

Silage 185%
Slurry 961%
Manure 961%
Cut Sugarbeet 262%
Sugarbeet 262%
potatoes 186%
Straw 133%
I already have a modular BGA setup (after seeing your tutorial on it which i edited a bit to be somewhat fatser) but otherwise i'd use this in an instant. Keep up the good work m8, both in modding and content creating! I'm a fan. *thumbsup*
disturbed_farmer

crash wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:20 pm I also recommend the big bga mod pack where there is a power and gas plant that turns digastate Into electricy. On old stream farm I use those two plus the bga on the map, and I make 187k on 50k of silage each day.
I'm working on an update which will make my BGA compatible with the generators from the modular BGA :) it already works with the secondary fermenters for digestate
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I'm using the mini BGA at the moment, it's brilliant! I've added a secondary fermenter from the modular pack so I finally have a use for digestate and although the mini BGA isn't (yet) compatible with the generator I have got one hooked up to the secondary fermenter.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I've been playing fs for over 3 years and didn't know there was a price boost from the bag.....*buys another pigsty*
chale8

Post by chale8 »

So, if I own the BGA and income is coming from selling electricity and methane, is the current price of silage irrelevant?
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

disturbed_farmer wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:42 am
crash wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:20 pm I also recommend the big bga mod pack where there is a power and gas plant that turns digastate Into electricy. On old stream farm I use those two plus the bga on the map, and I make 187k on 50k of silage each day.
I'm working on an update which will make my BGA compatible with the generators from the modular BGA :) it already works with the secondary fermenters for digestate
First off, thank you so much for the awesome mods!

I'm currently setting up your mini biogas plant with refueling stations - it's a beast, nothing short of that! But for some reason I can't get my tanker to fill with methane from it - regardless if it's stored or distributed. What am I doing wrong? I'm on PS4.

The tanker I'm using is indeed compatible with methane and has been tested with it on the same map.
soccerhate

Post by soccerhate »

soccerhate wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:42 pm

I'm currently setting up your mini biogas plant with refueling stations - it's a beast, nothing short of that! But for some reason I can't get my tanker to fill with methane from it - regardless if it's stored or distributed. What am I doing wrong? I'm on PS4.

The tanker I'm using is indeed compatible with methane and has been tested with it on the same map.
Okay, I found your channel, watched a few videos, and I guess the issue here is my assumptions) Do I get it right that, unlike erShaba's methane pack or Alien Jim's BGA on the Western Wilds, the mini BGA does not have the outlet for methane as a transportable fill type?

If so, I might want to try a workaround with Shaba's storage tank - albeit that would require some demolishing yet again))
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

soccerhate wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:27 am
soccerhate wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Okay, I found your channel, watched a few videos, and I guess the issue here is my assumptions) Do I get it right that, unlike erShaba's methane pack or Alien Jim's BGA on the Western Wilds, the mini BGA does not have the outlet for methane as a transportable fill type?

If so, I might want to try a workaround with Shaba's storage tank - albeit that would require some demolishing yet again))
On the note of Western Wilds.... Is it better to sell at the BGA? It seems to me that the trainyard has like double the price of the BGA always. Am I missing something? I haven't dabbeled much into silage or BGA's in 22 yet.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.