Animal Problems

bdml1984

Animal Problems

Post by bdml1984 »

Hello.

The animals in FS22 pretty much eat nothing. They need to be severely re-balanced. Also seasons has lot alot of its core elements - you can mow grass seemingly all year round :lol: and the ground never freezes like it did in FS19. Also the animals again do not require water to be given to them? The seasons seems to have become like cabbage mode seasons. Please fix this.
PrincessJessi84

Re: Animal Problems

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

The animals eat the same food they always have in the base game with the addition of feeding sorghum to chickens. The animals do require water, depending the pen you choose. As to the seasons, MANY players, myself included, think that seasons is great this time around. More complexity will come in the form of mods as time passes but as a base for seasons, I think its spot on and will give modders a good solid foundation to build on. It seems that some light reading, a more structured playstyle and some patience is in order. Happy Farming
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

I think he means how much the eat not so much what the eat.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

bdml1984 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:49 pm Hello.

The animals in FS22 pretty much eat nothing. They need to be severely re-balanced. Also seasons has lot alot of its core elements - you can mow grass seemingly all year round :lol: and the ground never freezes like it did in FS19. Also the animals again do not require water to be given to them? The seasons seems to have become like cabbage mode seasons. Please fix this.
This is because FS22 doesn't have Seasons it has seasonal cycles. Don't expect it to be changed unless somebody mods it.
Playing on PC and PS4
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Plumbing exist, and that is why the pens don't need to be supplied via other means, while for pastures you need to fill the troughts.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

In my opinion animals are way easier in fs22....I liked having to clean the manure pits and water them ...ya know...like real farmers do....and as for the seasons....I would like to see the bales rot if left outside and the loose grass, hay and straw. It added a realism that's lacking in 22
bdml1984

Post by bdml1984 »

What is the purpose of straw in FS22 - you get manure even if you dont give them straw? Also the animals have been eating the same bale for 1 whole 4 day season for me. Its badly implemented in FS22. Its a seasons for cabbage players def not on the realistic side
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I'm really looking forward to maize plus returning as the animals are one of the biggest disappointment's for me with 22.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I find it to be a step in the right direction not having to pick up water from a nearby stream and drive it to your animalshed. We have had running water in most farmes for a 100 years, glad it is back in the game. Even pastures have a water pump, so why this idea of driving water to the animals? I wish they would come up with much more realistic chores to do with animals, such as veterinary procedures.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
raran

Post by raran »

bdml1984 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:57 am What is the purpose of straw in FS22 - you get manure even if you dont give them straw? Also the animals have been eating the same bale for 1 whole 4 day season for me. Its badly implemented in FS22. Its a seasons for cabbage players def not on the realistic side
Cows get 11% bonus on milk with straw. That's so far the only benefit of straw except realism.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

You could always tweak and edit the animals.xml file within your game's data folder or within a mod map (or add a custom one if there isn't one included in the map) in which you can raise and modify the needs of the animals to consume more food and water, produce more manure and slurry for you to have to clear and empty. That's what I have done in my games. I've also used it to set the two breeds of cows in game that aren't listed as Dairy Producers have a higher sell price then their dairy equivilants to justify keeping them to sell as meat animals. I always find it strange in the farm sim games that the selling price of animals is much lower then what you buy them for, meaning you always make a loss when selling any excess animals.

Another change I like to make is switching the Cows food requirements from Serial to Parrallel meaning that consume TMR, Hay and Grass at the same time, using all three. Rather then just eating the TMR first and ignoring the other two completely.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:57 pm You could always tweak and edit the animals.xml file within your game's data folder or within a mod map (or add a custom one if there isn't one included in the map) in which you can raise and modify the needs of the animals to consume more food and water, produce more manure and slurry for you to have to clear and empty. That's what I have done in my games. I've also used it to set the two breeds of cows in game that aren't listed as Dairy Producers have a higher sell price then their dairy equivilants to justify keeping them to sell as meat animals. I always find it strange in the farm sim games that the selling price of animals is much lower then what you buy them for, meaning you always make a loss when selling any excess animals.

Another change I like to make is switching the Cows food requirements from Serial to Parrallel meaning that consume TMR, Hay and Grass at the same time, using all three. Rather then just eating the TMR first and ignoring the other two completely.
I'd like to try that. Which maps have you seen using a custom/local animals.xml? All the maps I've looked have that file in the packed dataS.gar file.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Well I removed that xml from the dataS.gar file for my own personal use and dropped it into the main game's data folder and pointed all the vanilla game maps to use that file rather then the one in the dataS.gar. I've also seen a couple of maps from third party sites that also have the animal xml and animalFood.xml included with them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
empato

Post by empato »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:36 am Well I removed that xml from the dataS.gar file for my own personal use and dropped it into the main game's data folder and pointed all the vanilla game maps to use that file rather then the one in the dataS.gar. I've also seen a couple of maps from third party sites that also have the animal xml and animalFood.xml included with them.
How did you do that? I found a file with that name in the steam folder, but I was not able to open it with an editor or notepad++.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:45 pm
I'd like to try that. Which maps have you seen using a custom/local animals.xml?
I have just looked at the Westby map as I thought it had custom animals and it does indeed include the xml files for animals and animal feed. I have not played the map so I cant say if it works ok but I plan on adding these into a map and seeing how it goes.

https://mb-farms.itch.io/fs22-westby-wi-4x-map