G920 and Force Feedback Override

Faelandaea

G920 and Force Feedback Override

Post by Faelandaea »

Can someone PLEASE tell me if there is a way to have the Logitech G920 override FS22 for Force Feedback? I have tried turning FS22 Force Feedback to OFF in hopes that the G920 would then see FS22 as a "non force-feedback game" and use the default centering spring settings, but it does not. instead the wheel just goes to a "free" state which is pretty much how FS22's force feedback (or lack thereof) settings treat the wheel anyway. It's just WAY too loose and has absolutely no stiffness to it at all for centering or turning.

Any ideas? I remember back in the day we used to be able to tell a Force Feedback wheel to override a game and use a global setting, but that does not appear to be the case here, unless ... am I missing something?

Many thanks and much appreciation to any leads someone can possibly provide.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Dezza69

Re: G920 and Force Feedback Override

Post by Dezza69 »

Hi,

I find my G920 is as you described when the Logitech “G Hub” software shows “Connecting” to the steering wheel, even on a new PC start/restart.

I need to right-mouse click the G Hub icon (in the system tray?), exit that app and then restart it. When “Connecting” to the wheel is no longer visible it all seems to work.

Have tried entirely removing the G920 drivers, re-installing them (etc) a few times, issue seems to be with the drivers with the unit not reporting itself correctly - but that’s just my uneducated observations/opinion.

Hope that helps, somehow...

Happy Farming :lol:
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

OH! Maybe I mis-spoke in my post. Not sure. The wheel is working just fine. My issue is that the force feedback settings in FS22, frankly, are terrible, and I wish to OVERRIDE them with the default profile the G920 uses for non-force-feedback games.

This came up for me today, actually, when I loaded FS22 and it glitched out. For some reason the Force Feedback didn't load properly, and for that game session my G920 used the desktop settings. It was, to be frank, the best driving experience I ever had in game. I played for a few hours like that. But ... alas ... I eventually had to reboot the game, and the Force Feedback started working "properly", and so now it is terrible again. LOL.

So, basically, I want to KILL the game's force feedback and force the wheel to use the default out-of-game settings.

Hopefully this makes more sense?
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Yes, I understand what you’re saying. I dunno!! :lol:

... Just found though when driving the Manitou Forklift all game induced FF dropped instantly and I needed to exit the game for it to work again.

——
Edit: and needed to restart the PC to get any in game FF.
——

Maybe there’s also a bug?
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I use the ghub (or whatever it's called) program and then set my FFB to 15 and check the box that says something along the lines of FFB in game (it's the only check box option). Do note that once I load into the savegame I have to alt-tab and uncheck then recheck the box to get it working
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

That checkbox is for non-force-feedback games, though, if you mean the one for centering spring strength? Hmmm. I might try that, though. Tab out, toggle it off and on, and try. It's worth a try. I'll report back with the result here momentarily ...

EDIT: Nope, that did not work. I have Force Feedback OFF in the game, and with the box checked, and even toggled while tabbed, the game insists that steering a tractor has no resistance at all. It takes away all spring :(
Faelandaea Dravin
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

That's bizarre
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Have you made a profile for fs?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

On the profile question, I did but it never detects the game and even manually selecting it, the moment I tab back into the game the stupid Logitech software switches back to the default profile. I am thinking going Logitech was a huge mistake. I should have saved more money and went with Thrustmaster. Lesson learned. Going to upgrade to Thrustmaster this Summer.
Faelandaea Dravin
derdeinlein

Post by derdeinlein »

has anyone made a progress here? i have exactly the same issue... For me i open the game and if the Wheel turn into "free mode" i alt tab the game out, restart the logitech hub and go back into game... (btw in game FF is off and i use the CenterSpring on 28) sometimes this fixes the CenterSpring... if not, i unplug my wheel while the game is running and plug it back in... normaly that fixes it... if not i repeat both steps.

but somewhen, when i reenter a car or anything the "free mode" kicks in again...

is there maybe a way to totaly turn off the ForceFeedback on the g920 or Force it to just use the spring whatever the game tells?
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

Im at work now but ill post all my settings that will minimise the FF. Took me a lot of trial and error to get all the fs22 game to 920 operating software conflicts to "play nice" together . I made paper notes and ill post up tonight.
booneb

Post by booneb »

@road_clam: I would really appreciate it if you could post your notes. I'm struggling to get centering spring working.

At the moment I'm using the "fixes" described by  derdeinlein, it seems sometimes I have to reboot to get it working.
has anyone made a progress here? i have exactly the same issue... For me i open the game and if the Wheel turn into "free mode" i alt tab the game out, restart the logitech hub and go back into game... (btw in game FF is off and i use the CenterSpring on 28) sometimes this fixes the CenterSpring... if not, i unplug my wheel while the game is running and plug it back in... normaly that fixes it... if not i repeat both steps.