What map is everyone playing and why?

FarmCatJenkins

Re: What map is everyone playing and why?

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Green Valley Nebraska. I've always been a fan of DJModding's maps, he hits a lot of aspects right for me.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I'm in a bit of a holding pattern right now:

Hobo's Hollow - have reached the size where I need some mods to make it progress further, mainly courseplay, bale storage and precision farming.
No Mans's Land - have reached the size where I need some mods to make it progress further, mainly courseplay, bale storage and precision farming.
Elk Mountain Wyoming - just started

Other maps I've played
Calm Lands - repeat of No Mans Land that isn't as flat
French Plain - too much land is not buyable
Maypole Farm & Calmsden - too tight for my taste
Elm Creek - played a bit, too chopped up by roads
Haut Beyleron - played a bit, too chopped up by roads and has a huge hill to get from one side to the other
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

The French plains, and seems like i'll be living here for some time :)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Can-farm on 19 and waiting for a save breaking update to elk mountain, though I might give the Nebraska one a try after seeing what TobiHH had to say about it.
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

No Mans Land map, because IMO and I never claim I am correct, is the BEST map. Why? Because is a sandbox map and you can do whatever you want, you can play with any style you want. Sky is the limit.
You want to earn extra money? Start cutting down the trees. You want to remove all the trees and focus in silage and plant trees later? Cut down the Tree Removal Pole. You want to play a hardcore survival mode? No problem.
IMO (once again, I never claim I am correct) No Mans Land is the ultimate map.
Of course every player can have his/her favorite map and his/her own playstyle.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Those last two sentences are the correct answer to (almost) any map discussion.

The good thing about the french plains, 6 prepared areas for farms (only one semi finished pre placed one, but can be sold off), a lot of ground to work, nice scenery and some distance to travel
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm on Elm Creek. I like American style farming. I think it's a well laid out map with a mixture of field sizes and shapes. The town an buildings are all nicely done. I like the interstate. I don't know. It's by far the best done American map on console for fs22.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Still kinda waiting for map I like. VD's map looks very promising, but wont be ready until later this year. Also Madmaxx's german x4 looks nice, but WIP aswell... so, Calmsden Farm on & off while Im waiting.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

No man's land because I've spent a long time building a farmyard so realistic that it looks like a modder made it. I've also built a little town and put up a bunch of detailed sale points. Nothing else has really caught my eye enough to tear me away from it.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

Greenland’s and calmsden and Greenland’s a like the British realism on calmsden the roads are bit tight but been taking out lots off trees got 120 hrs and Greenland’s because you can remove gates n hedges make your fields bigger few large hills sometimes smaller tractors struggle but always have a look at new maps when they come out there’s a few am going have a go at
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

Fs19 was Oakfield farm.1000’s of hours there.I live not far from the area and it’s just like real life.Sussex farm I played a lot too,then every now and then I’d build my own farm on Dahl ranch and earn my way up to owning the huge field.So far on FS22 I love Erengrat(or however you spell it),for a base map there’s enough scope to build from scratch,traffic,people,trains in the distance,has a nice feel.I tried Calmsden and although it’s a nice map the main farm bugs me,workers are bit hit n miss and it’s a bit to quiet with no traffic.I’ve tried the new American map,and although nice again the workers are doing stupid things in the fields or driving into the ditches even if I manually do the headlands etc.Now I’m trying Fox farms,and although it needs an update and bugs sorting out,so far I have no issues with workers,so nice big fields,plenty of scope for building how you want.Quiet with no traffic,but it will do for now.Over the last 2 years I’ve no map is 100% perfect for me/my style etc.In an ideal world I would make my own map,but I do not have the equipment and know how to do that.So I just appreciate the work the modders do and I have a look at every new map when they come out.When I find one that interests me I’ll give it a go.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Played on Elmcreek, Graystone, and Westby 4X a little bit, but all of those maps ended up slowing down quick since I got absorbed in modding projects shortly after starting. I would love to check out DJ Modding’s new map; it looks right up my alley. I’m currently pre-occupied with Midwest Horizons right now. It’s currently being tested for a release somewhere in the future, but it’s one of those maps that I will never grow tired of playing. Perfect for multiplayer.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Currently playing Bucks County (NOT the modhub version) and Red River Valley on FS19. A good friend and I have enjoyed countless hours on both of those two saves. Two excellent maps, and we play them each very differently.

Bucks County is our cooperative map, and we built our own dairy farm more or less from scratch. I live only a few hours from Bucks County, and it represents farming in the Northeast pretty well. Red River Valley is a good map, considering it is the author's first map, and depicts farming in the Midwestern US quite well. That map was also where I first dabbled in Global Company, and I must say, it makes me a little more interested to see what GIANTS did with it integrated into the game.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Deadeye wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:33 pm Red River Valley is a good map, considering it is the author's first map
DJ modding has been around for a while, and Red River Valley was their last map for 19 but not the first. They have several other maps that came out previously. Here’s a link to their Facebook page if you want to check them out you should give UMRV a try, there’s a link on the page to their mod network page with all their releases.
https://m.facebook.com/107815864201245/
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

Kleinseelheim in FS19. As long as Wopster's manure system isn't in FS22, I won't play FS22.