What map is everyone playing and why?

Ifibe

What map is everyone playing and why?

Post by Ifibe »

Personally I keep coming back to Old Stream Farm as it is not too big, not too small or tight of fields (what I call a 6M field) as medium sized equipment fit just right. I also love the built in farm on it with its integrated pens.

Although I have started a save on the Pioneer Map as it is just enough different from the other open maps that I am enjoying it.
Pafarmer

Re: What map is everyone playing and why?

Post by Pafarmer »

I have a look at every map that comes out because I respect the time and effort every modder puts into there maps. I’ve really liked quite a few of them and have put a few hours on a few of them but I keep getting pulled back to Elmcreek for some unexplainable reason. I can’t pinpoint what it is but 20 or so hours into any map I find myself back in Elmcreek. 🤷‍♂️
Dale Kieser

Post by Dale Kieser »

Frankenmuth. Everything works perfect on it. Nice kinda square large fields. Train. Tried Fox Farms, but theres alot of bugs in it. I would go back to Fox Farms if it had an update.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Not FS22 related, but I'm currently playing Lone Oak 19/17, Griffin, Indiana 19, and South Mountain Creamery 17.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Sticking with Elm Creek, don't want to risk sinking a lot of time in a map that will need an update and fresh save.

Of course that will change as time goes on and maps start reaching Final Versions.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Laurie Brooker

Post by Laurie Brooker »

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on what map I could play - I am in Australia and the default maps couldn't be more removed from what an Australian farm/environment is?
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Goldcrest Valley 17. Still my favorite version and base map.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

I spent quite a lot of hours on Hobo`s Hollow. Great 4x map with nicely sized fields.

But since one week I switched to Green Valley Nebraska, which for me is the perfect map and best map I`ve ever played on since FS15.
Great looking and different starting farms, nice bigger fields, fantastic rolling hills, some built in productions, lot`s of details all around the map.

Simply a great map which will maybe be my last one until the end of FS22...
Florish

Post by Florish »

Frühling.

Great atmosfere, the map is just right for me .
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
raran

Post by raran »

Old stream farm at the moment. Never played it on fs19, nice little map. I also have a save on Calsmden which is also a nice map. Waiting to move to a new map until PF and Maize+ drops for now.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

No Man’s Land - a small, homestead style play through where I do a little of everything and slowly transform the landscape (putting in horse/dirtbike trails, etc).
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Greenlands, with a bit of Old Stream Farm on the side, while waiting for Calmsden 1.3

Edit: I forgot to say why:
Because Greenlands is a nice map with hedges and organic fields that feels right. Calmsden because it's one of OxygenDavid's real-world maps and they have always felt good, for some reason a real-world map just seems to fit together better than any imagine map. Old Stream Farm, I'm not sure, but it too lends itself to a story.
Last edited by blue_painted on Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
fefinu

Post by fefinu »

No Man's Land since it came out. Don't see me moving to another map for now. My only gripe is I would like a x4 NML map.
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

Just started Mecklenburg a few hours ago. Not really helper friendly but it has overall good field sizes (if you chop some trees), nice Details here and there and the setting reminds me somehow of Green River, wich I played alot in FS19.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm playing Haut Beyleron, as that was the first map I started on and still have the plan to experience everything the game has to offer on that map and unlock all the achievements.

I'm also playing Calmsden since it released as love a realistic and accurately modelled UK map, especially one that is very close to my own region of the UK and looks and feels like my local area.

I've also been playing the Elm Creek Edit by Stevie map in Multiplayer for about 5 months now as it appeals to the players that want to see a US map, but one which has been adjusted from the Giants default one, to feature much larger fields, have more areas designated and setup ready for productions and also have a starting farm with plenty of sheds and all the animal pens and stuff included from the start.

I'm about to embark on a start from scratch save on the Huron County 16X map just to see what that's like and how long it will take me starting as a contractor to build up to the point where I can buy my own land and start my own farm.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*