Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Nice, I loved the look of the T4 when these first came out for 19
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
norfolk farmer

Re: Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

Post by norfolk farmer »

I'm glad to have more options so I'm not stuck with using 28m tramlines with proseed
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

Anyone else having issues with the scores? For some reason one of my fields is lower than the rest despite being treated the same way, but for some reason it only shows 4 blue bars under the score not 5, like its forgotten to add one lol.

Also as a previous poor olive farmer said, how the *&^% do we get a decent score on vines, since its impossible to lime them?
raran

Post by raran »

Bovrinox wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:37 pm Anyone else having issues with the scores? For some reason one of my fields is lower than the rest despite being treated the same way, but for some reason it only shows 4 blue bars under the score not 5, like its forgotten to add one lol.

Also as a previous poor olive farmer said, how the *&^% do we get a decent score on vines, since its impossible to lime them?
After about three harvests you need do either repurchase the soilmaps or scan them again.

Olives and vines are ignored by PF.
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

raran wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:17 pm
Bovrinox wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:37 pm Anyone else having issues with the scores? For some reason one of my fields is lower than the rest despite being treated the same way, but for some reason it only shows 4 blue bars under the score not 5, like its forgotten to add one lol.

After about three harvests you need do either repurchase the soilmaps or scan them again.

Olives and vines are ignored by PF.
I haven't done 1 single harvest yet. Only played with PF long enough to sow and fertilize once.
It definitely does give scores for vines, it also displays the nitrogen and ph values. Do you mean it is ignored for the final score the farm gets?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Bovrinox wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:29 pm
I haven't done 1 single harvest yet. Only played with PF long enough to sow and fertilize once.
Some of the Scores only update after you harvest, so I wouldn’t worry until then too much. 👍🏼
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:41 pm
Some of the Scores only update after you harvest, so I wouldn’t worry until then too much. 👍🏼
Fair enough. It seems odd that its missing the score for one particular category still. Like it shows the little blue bars underneath the numerical score to show where its lacking or whatever, except its missing one on one particular field. There are all 5 under every other field, but only 4 for this one. Weird.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Bovrinox wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:46 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:41 pm
Fair enough. It seems odd that its missing the score for one particular category still. Like it shows the little blue bars underneath the numerical score to show where its lacking or whatever, except its missing one on one particular field. There are all 5 under every other field, but only 4 for this one. Weird.
If it’s at zero then the bar tends to disappear and it probably depends on the previous crop planted. I have had it a couple of times on newly bought fields, generally on the nitrogen figure.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

You can absolutely lime your vines and olives. It helps with the environment score a little but it doesnt seem to make much difference to yield. I just use the Vicon spreader on the back of the Valtra G or Landini. At 18m spread it does 5 rows at time quick and very low cost. I do a pass in Feb (after pruning the grapes).

As for a decent score I havent managed to get any grape or olive field over 52. At least patch 1.5 meant that wasnt so impactful on the overall score as long as you have some big other crops. I still havent had to fertilise any grape or olive fields since Pf. looks like that is completely broken
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

Steel_Horse wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:18 am

You can absolutely lime your vines and olives. It helps with the environment score a little but it doesnt seem to make much difference to yield. I just use the Vicon spreader on the back of the Valtra G or Landini. At 18m spread it does 5 rows at time quick and very low cost. I do a pass in Feb (after pruning the grapes).

As for a decent score I havent managed to get any grape or olive field over 52. At least patch 1.5 meant that wasnt so impactful on the overall score as long as you have some big other crops. I still havent had to fertilise any grape or olive fields since Pf. looks like that is completely broken
Ah I see, you mean use mod equipment to do it. Shame they didn't think of that and have on included in the game already lol. Haven't noticed any issues with the nitrogen content on vines, but I've only done one harvest of them with PF enabled so far so time will tell I suppose
Bovrinox

Post by Bovrinox »

Steel_Horse wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:18 am

hmm strange. IT is especially odd considering its on 2 fields combined, the other half is working fine. It isn't the case on all combined fields however so its not just that its getting confused either. Weird
HabibiBlokksberg

Post by HabibiBlokksberg »

So if I do weed control solely by ploughing I don´t get an environmental bonus, but compacting your field by running it with a weeder twice or thrice even in cereals ups it? Are you serious? Plus you can´t plant crops like potatoes or sugar beet without plowing, just because the way they are planted and harvested will leave you no other choice.
I wonder if the yield bonus outweighs the stupid environmental points.
raran

Post by raran »

HabibiBlokksberg wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:19 am So if I do weed control solely by ploughing I don´t get an environmental bonus, but compacting your field by running it with a weeder twice or thrice even in cereals ups it? Are you serious? Plus you can´t plant crops like potatoes or sugar beet without plowing, just because the way they are planted and harvested will leave you no other choice.
I wonder if the yield bonus outweighs the stupid environmental points.
If you do direct drilling after ploughing it's not an issue, you'll get the same EV. Also run a sprayer with herbicide over the field once it's germinated. That also ups the EV.