Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

ScotsDude73

Re: Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

Post by ScotsDude73 »

ace54858 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:34 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:09 pm How is this money bonus distributed for environmental score? It says directly under your overall score "Your environmental score does not affect the sell prices."
i watched a stream from tuesday and they talked about getting a bouns showing up when they sold wood chips.
Not sure if this might be a thing, but if environmental score increases wood chip prices would it also boost production prices as well maybe???
lawm

Post by lawm »

ESG scores. Love it already
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

So since today's update makes it possible to play with PF enabled, now I have one question: How the flippin heck am I supposed to fix the pH in my grape field when the lime spreaders can't go down the rows and the tiny manure spreader won't take lime?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:53 pm I noticed at some point in the Precision Farming screen when my environmental score was about 92 or 93 points. I am on Xbox on the Precision Farming screen if you press Y it gives you an overall look at your environmental score with bars going across. Below that I am pretty certain it said for me at the time up to a 13% increase in sale price. Obviously you have to still sell at the appropriate month in order to get the best profit possible. I started a new game on Arena last night. Currently sitting at an environmental score of 45 points and below the bars it says I will lose 1% on price with the current environmental score. So as you work the field increasing field score this in turn increase your environmental score, which is the overall score for your farm. So if you have multiple fields your fields scores effects your overall environmental score which effects your price bonus at time of sale.
Ah, that makes sense then. Maybe right at 50 there is no positive or negative impact on sale prices. I had it loaded up for five minutes until I realized Courseplay and PF don't play well together. Thanks for the info.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:38 pm Ah, that makes sense then. Maybe right at 50 there is no positive or negative impact on sale prices. I had it loaded up for five minutes until I realized Courseplay and PF don't play well together. Thanks for the info.
I'm at 56 atm (cuz I'm mid-season) and it says that gives me +2% on prices, so 50 may be 0
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:48 pm So it comes as a separate line item?
When you sell product, you get the usual pop up in the top right showing the sale amount followed by an ‘environmental bonus’ figure. Not sure how it shows on the accounting page as I haven’t looked yet.
Last edited by Rasping rabbit on Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Isnt it an average for your farm? It shows each fields levels from what I saw but your entire farm is one score. So if you need to plow try and do it selectively each year and not drain your environmental score much? I am going all by sealyp for the most part in drawing these conclusions
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

lawm wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:01 pm Isnt it an average for your farm? It shows each fields levels from what I saw but your entire farm is one score. So if you need to plow try and do it selectively each year and not drain your environmental score much? I am going all by sealyp for the most part in drawing these conclusions
Yes it’s based on an average as you say. So in theory you are right, it shouldn’t make that much difference provided you don’t plow all fields.
lawm

Post by lawm »

And we only get plowed state after corn correct? Do that shouldnt be too bad
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

lawm wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:29 pm And we only get plowed state after corn correct? Do that shouldnt be too bad
I think it’s more than that. Potatoes I think, maybe cotton too.
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

Have to plough after all root crops, and corn and cotton. And sugar cane has to be ploughed every 3 years. The cultivating of grapes and olives after every harvest is counted as ploughing as well, even if it isn't really
lawm

Post by lawm »

Shows how often I do root crops. Still that's not bad
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:45 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:48 pm So it comes as a separate line item?
When you sell product, you get the usual pop up in the top left showing the sale amount followed by an ‘environmental bonus’ figure. Not sure how it shows on the accounting page as I haven’t looked yet.
Do you mean top right???
RoverKhan

Post by RoverKhan »

alpha117 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:51 am The reason PF does not appear in the 'help' menu is due to Courseplay, deactivate this and all is good
Does that mean that PF does not work with CP??? :frown:
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Apparently you get a small free amount of nitrogen when harvesting certain crops if you chop the straw/chaff with the straw swath disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXCsGiLlW7s