Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

Rasping rabbit

Re: Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

Post by Rasping rabbit »

As far as I can make out there is no penalty in environment score for plowing, there just isn’t a bonus. I am working on the assumption that the yield bonus/penalty in the base game carries over or there would be no need for ‘periodic plowing’. I am sure on of the YouTubers or the number crunchers on here will look into it.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:38 pm As far as I can make out there is no penalty in environment score for plowing, there just isn’t a bonus. I am working on the assumption that the yield bonus/penalty in the base game carries over or there would be no need for ‘periodic plowing’. I am sure on of the YouTubers or the number crunchers on here will look into it.
Now I'm confused as to penalties vs bonus lol. I'd be happy if no penalty for plowing. Guess next question will be if plowing a needs plowed fields helps your yield like base game....or does nothing at all
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

From what I see plowing for me is only necessary when periodic plowing is enable I prefer to get a no tillage or direct seeding bonus. One benefit to plowing is no weeds after you seed. So in some cases it is still a good thing. You just dont get the field/environmental score. Depends if you obsesse over your environmental score which increases your crop price by up to 13%!!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

lawm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:31 pm
I know i saw Welker or someone disc up some ground because of the hardness. It just bugs me that they tied it to your sell price as a bonus. I will have to figure a way to play around that aspect starting out. I love the numbers/ spreadsheet aspects added and then soil types and yield numbers.

As to what you said about wasting money, that's what I always assumed from hearing farmers is that they dont farm one way or another unless it makes their life easier or it's more profitable. They should have almost implemented it so that you sometimes had to plow certain types of ground or added crop rotation so that you have to plow after corn but then the numbers even out as you start no till wheat etc after corn. Or plow and plant vs chopping corn stalks and direct drill no till. Like you said, too many parameters. Maybe someday
Hopefully there’s an update to it in the future with it coming out so early in the games life cycle. It would sure be nice for there to be some consideration to things like compaction and residue management.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Nice features, but I doubt it will happen.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

So my understanding as far as tillage goes....it doesn't effect your yield, it only effects your environment score. Which the higher your environmental score the bigger cash bonus you'll get when you sell your stuff
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

DMZ Commander wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:52 am So my understanding as far as tillage goes....it doesn't effect your yield, it only effects your environment score. Which the higher your environmental score the bigger cash bonus you'll get when you sell your stuff
Besides "whole foods" or a farmers market....is that even a thing? Being paid more for corn or wheat on the market based on how you produced it?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

lawm wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:31 am
DMZ Commander wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:52 am So my understanding as far as tillage goes....it doesn't effect your yield, it only effects your environment score. Which the higher your environmental score the bigger cash bonus you'll get when you sell your stuff
Besides "whole foods" or a farmers market....is that even a thing? Being paid more for corn or wheat on the market based on how you produced it?
Kind of, in the UK anyway. Unless I understand it totally wrong, the Red Tractor brand, which is a kind of ‘mark of quality’ that guarantees that any products coming from farms whether grains or animals have been produced or reared following certain guidelines.

As far as I can tell this covers a lot more than just what is covered in the ‘environmental score’ but it does appear to be a part of it. I remember an episode of Clarksons Farm where he was trying to get the certification so he could get the best prices.

https://redtractor.org.uk/our-standards/combi-crops/
lawm

Post by lawm »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:45 pm From what I see plowing for me is only necessary when periodic plowing is enable I prefer to get a no tillage or direct seeding bonus. One benefit to plowing is no weeds after you seed. So in some cases it is still a good thing. You just dont get the field/environmental score. Depends if you obsesse over your environmental score which increases your crop price by up to 13%!!
13% more but if you have less weeds what's that cost you? Oh well, at least plowing has separate aspects and I can weight my options.

So if your field needs plowed does that still affect what your yield would be? I understand your score would be lower and get less money, but how does that relate to to yield vs sell price? If you have plowing turned on and you dont plow are you still ahead with a higher environmental score and not plowing? Or is it best to plow that time after corn and take the hit on price but then be good if you only direct drill after?

I'm confusing myself with my inquiries
lawm

Post by lawm »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:40 am

Kind of, in the UK anyway. Unless I understand it totally wrong, the Red Tractor brand, which is a kind of ‘mark of quality’ that guarantees that any products coming from farms whether grains or animals have been produced or reared following certain guidelines.

As far as I can tell this covers a lot more than just what is covered in the ‘environmental score’ but it does appear to be a part of it. I remember an episode of Clarksons Farm where he was trying to get the certification so he could get the best prices.

https://redtractor.org.uk/our-standards/combi-crops/
That looks like fun trying to comply with lol
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

lawm wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:31 am
Technically grain is usually priced on its quality. Husband of a friend of my brothers works in such a lab in the Netherlands where they test grain and is priced according to the quality of the crop.
I think they call it Grains Analytic Testing or something to that effect.

Standards for grain testing in the UK. Shows how grain is tested for quality in the UK. A lot of science goes into pricing grain these days.

https://ahdb.org.uk/knowledge-library/s ... s-training
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:00 pm Direct drilling after mulching and liming. Seed the field with direct drill planter or seeder that takes fertilizer or spread slurry, manure or digestate before you you seed the field. Roll the field after seeding. Skip the night you will get your first growth spurt and medium size weeds growing. I tried herbicide and got a yield penalty. Second time I got weeds I used the hoe under weeders second from the left and got no yield penalty.
they want ya to use the new JD sprayer that you can add the option to spot spray on as from what i got to much herbicide is bad now so wish they added the option to add it on all sprayers.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

ace54858 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:12 am
ScotsDude73 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:00 pm Direct drilling after mulching and liming. Seed the field with direct drill planter or seeder that takes fertilizer or spread slurry, manure or digestate before you you seed the field. Roll the field after seeding. Skip the night you will get your first growth spurt and medium size weeds growing. I tried herbicide and got a yield penalty. Second time I got weeds I used the hoe under weeders second from the left and got no yield penalty.
they want ya to use the new JD sprayer that you can add the option to spot spray on as from what i got to much herbicide is bad now so wish they added the option to add it on all sprayers.
I tried that and got a yield penalty. I dont like using herbicide. Wonder if preemptive spraying will work in Precision Farming. Need to test it out.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

lawm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:45 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:38 pm As far as I can make out there is no penalty in environment score for plowing, there just isn’t a bonus. I am working on the assumption that the yield bonus/penalty in the base game carries over or there would be no need for ‘periodic plowing’. I am sure on of the YouTubers or the number crunchers on here will look into it.
Now I'm confused as to penalties vs bonus lol. I'd be happy if no penalty for plowing. Guess next question will be if plowing a needs plowed fields helps your yield like base game....or does nothing at all
Plowing is not a penalty in Precision Farming as you do not lose any points however its more beneficial to directly seed your field with a drill than plow or cultivate as you get points towards increasing your field/environmental score which increases the value of crop up to 13% the closer you get to 100 points. Key things are mulching, correct amount of lime, correct amount of nitrogen depending on the crop sown, no till seeding, rolling after seeding and weed control. I use the hoe in game under weeders second from the left on the first spurt of growth. Yield varies depend on soil type following those steps. Silty clay you can achieve 125% yield if done correctly. There is a diagram in the blog under Environmental Score. Follow steps 1-4. Step 5 I substituted the spot spraying for a hoe as the spot spraying gave me a yield penalty. No till seeding produces medium size weeds which the hoe can pull out as well as smaller weeds.

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=342
Bridgecape

Post by Bridgecape »

Yeah, is it then a 2 week spring break for a virtual farmer. Ok always that holiday is refreshing.