Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

Illinois Farmer

Re: Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

Post by Illinois Farmer »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:36 am
lawm wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:31 am
DMZ Commander wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:52 am So my understanding as far as tillage goes....it doesn't effect your yield, it only effects your environment score. Which the higher your environmental score the bigger cash bonus you'll get when you sell your stuff
Besides "whole foods" or a farmers market....is that even a thing? Being paid more for corn or wheat on the market based on how you produced it?
Technically grain is usually priced on its quality. Husband of a friend of my brothers works in such a lab in the Netherlands where they test grain and is priced according to the quality of the crop.
I think they call it Grains Analytic Testing or something to that effect.

Standards for grain testing in the UK. Shows how grain is tested for quality in the UK. A lot of science goes into pricing grain these days.

https://ahdb.org.uk/knowledge-library/s ... s-training
Here is the states, you don't need a lab to test your grain quality. They test every load you bring in with the probe. They test; weight, moisture, foreign materials, and pay you on that quality. Now for getting the correct seed before planting. There is a lot of testing in labs. They chip kernels and send them in an mri machine to test the oil content and then will pollinate different breeds to test genetics and cross breed others for new generics, or what the false ads say "GMO."
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

alpha117 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:51 am The reason PF does not appear in the 'help' menu is due to Courseplay, deactivate this and all is good
Its not all good, i want to have both Courseplay and Precision Farming.
Is there any fix for this except disabling CP ?
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

bojanh66 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:52 pm
alpha117 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:51 am The reason PF does not appear in the 'help' menu is due to Courseplay, deactivate this and all is good
Its not all good, i want to have both Courseplay and Precision Farming.
Is there any fix for this except disabling CP ?
It will fixed with the next CP update
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Will they have some type of log on Github stating it's fixed? The only thing I'm looking forward to is CP and PF working together. Does anyone know if Autodrive still works with CP?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
lawm

Post by lawm »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:12 am
lawm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:45 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:38 pm As far as I can make out there is no penalty in environment score for plowing, there just isn’t a bonus. I am working on the assumption that the yield bonus/penalty in the base game carries over or there would be no need for ‘periodic plowing’. I am sure on of the YouTubers or the number crunchers on here will look into it.
Now I'm confused as to penalties vs bonus lol. I'd be happy if no penalty for plowing. Guess next question will be if plowing a needs plowed fields helps your yield like base game....or does nothing at all
Plowing is not a penalty in Precision Farming as you do not lose any points however its more beneficial to directly seed your field with a drill than plow or cultivate as you get points towards increasing your field/environmental score which increases the value of crop up to 13% the closer you get to 100 points. Key things are mulching, correct amount of lime, correct amount of nitrogen depending on the crop sown, no till seeding, rolling after seeding and weed control. I use the hoe in game under weeders second from the left on the first spurt of growth. Yield varies depend on soil type following those steps. Silty clay you can achieve 125% yield if done correctly. There is a diagram in the blog under Environmental Score. Follow steps 1-4. Step 5 I substituted the spot spraying for a hoe as the spot spraying gave me a yield penalty. No till seeding produces medium size weeds which the hoe can pull out as well as smaller weeds.

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=342
Giants page states a yield bonus. I thought others were mentioning a money bonus when you sell. Mrsealyp seemed to have higher yield potential on the field he plowed vs the direct drill field. At least I know plowing doesnt penalize you and looks like it helps maintain yield when its needing done. I'm gonna go back to winging it and being broke lol.
billy140572

Post by billy140572 »

If you go to the GitHub page https://github.com/Courseplay/Courseplay_FS22 you can download the latest version being tested, left click on the green CODE icon and save the file to your desktop, once downloaded open up the file you've just downloaded and open it and then open the Courseplay_FS22-main file, open up the Courseplay file in your mods folder in a separate window then hold the left mouse button down and highlight all the files in the Courseplay_FS22-main folder and pull them across into the FS22_Courseplay file, now you will have the latest courseplay version that works with the Precision Farming DLC.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

lawm wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:05 pm
ScotsDude73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:12 am
lawm wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:45 pm

Now I'm confused as to penalties vs bonus lol. I'd be happy if no penalty for plowing. Guess next question will be if plowing a needs plowed fields helps your yield like base game....or does nothing at all
Plowing is not a penalty in Precision Farming as you do not lose any points however its more beneficial to directly seed your field with a drill than plow or cultivate as you get points towards increasing your field/environmental score which increases the value of crop up to 13% the closer you get to 100 points. Key things are mulching, correct amount of lime, correct amount of nitrogen depending on the crop sown, no till seeding, rolling after seeding and weed control. I use the hoe in game under weeders second from the left on the first spurt of growth. Yield varies depend on soil type following those steps. Silty clay you can achieve 125% yield if done correctly. There is a diagram in the blog under Environmental Score. Follow steps 1-4. Step 5 I substituted the spot spraying for a hoe as the spot spraying gave me a yield penalty. No till seeding produces medium size weeds which the hoe can pull out as well as smaller weeds.

Giants page states a yield bonus. I thought others were mentioning a money bonus when you sell. Mrsealyp seemed to have higher yield potential on the field he plowed vs the direct drill field. At least I know plowing doesnt penalize you and looks like it helps maintain yield when its needing done. I'm gonna go back to winging it and being broke lol.
Yes the money bonus can be up to 13% depending on your environmental score.
lawm

Post by lawm »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:53 pm

Yes the money bonus can be up to 13% depending on your environmental score.
I guess what I was trying to narrow down is what's the difference in yield if you plow vs dont plow when plowing needed. Followed by difference in sell price and how that all flows together. Guess I'll find out when I get back to having time to play
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

How is this money bonus distributed for environmental score? It says directly under your overall score "Your environmental score does not affect the sell prices."

IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

billy140572 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:30 pm If you go to the GitHub page https://github.com/Courseplay/Courseplay_FS22 you can download the latest version being tested, left click on the green CODE icon and save the file to your desktop, once downloaded open up the file you've just downloaded and open it and then open the Courseplay_FS22-main file, open up the Courseplay file in your mods folder in a separate window then hold the left mouse button down and highlight all the files in the Courseplay_FS22-main folder and pull them across into the FS22_Courseplay file, now you will have the latest courseplay version that works with the Precision Farming DLC.
Just download the zip by the latest version from here and replace the one you have in mods folder.
billy140572

Post by billy140572 »

IseOlen that is the latest version from a few days ago that doesn't have the fix for PF, the latest test version has the fixes for PF.
billy140572

Post by billy140572 »

IseOlen wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:52 pm
billy140572 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:30 pm If you go to the GitHub page https://github.com/Courseplay/Courseplay_FS22 you can download the latest version being tested, left click on the green CODE icon and save the file to your desktop, once downloaded open up the file you've just downloaded and open it and then open the Courseplay_FS22-main file, open up the Courseplay file in your mods folder in a separate window then hold the left mouse button down and highlight all the files in the Courseplay_FS22-main folder and pull them across into the FS22_Courseplay file, now you will have the latest courseplay version that works with the Precision Farming DLC.
Just download the zip by the latest version from here and replace the one you have in mods folder.
IseOlen that is the latest version from a few days ago that doesn't have the fix for PF, the latest test version has the fixes for PF.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:09 pm How is this money bonus distributed for environmental score? It says directly under your overall score "Your environmental score does not affect the sell prices."
i watched a stream from tuesday and they talked about getting a bouns showing up when they sold wood chips.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

So it comes as a separate line item?

ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

I noticed at some point in the Precision Farming screen when my environmental score was about 92 or 93 points. I am on Xbox on the Precision Farming screen if you press Y it gives you an overall look at your environmental score with bars going across. Below that I am pretty certain it said for me at the time up to a 13% increase in sale price. Obviously you have to still sell at the appropriate month in order to get the best profit possible. I started a new game on Arena last night. Currently sitting at an environmental score of 45 points and below the bars it says I will lose 1% on price with the current environmental score. So as you work the field increasing field score this in turn increase your environmental score, which is the overall score for your farm. So if you have multiple fields your fields scores effects your overall environmental score which effects your price bonus at time of sale. Its not really that difficult to understand once you get your head round how to increase the score on your fields. Lime the field, mulch the field for your base game yield bonus, plow the field if you want, but you wont gain any points. Direct seeding is best practice. With or without fertilizer in the seeder its your choice. Fertilize your field to the optimum nitrogen level according to soil and crop sown. Apparently soybeans doesn't require fertilizer/nitrogen in Precision Farming. Roll the field after seeding to get the other yield bonus. When you skip to the next day you will get weeds. Instead of spot spraying I used a hoe. Some strange reason the environmental score step by step guide recommends spot spraying herbicide for maximum points and I got yield penalty for doing so. So is this a bug???

Last edited by ScotsDude73 on Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.