Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

FarmCatJenkins

Re: Precision Farming for Farming Simulator 22

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

So just to clarify, it is still an issue to run CP and GPS with Precision Farming?

EDIT for anyone wondering about Courseplay!

Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:49 am
Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:45 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:48 pm So it comes as a separate line item?
When you sell product, you get the usual pop up in the top left showing the sale amount followed by an ‘environmental bonus’ figure. Not sure how it shows on the accounting page as I haven’t looked yet.
Do you mean top right???
Oops! 😆
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Saw a composter in testing for all platforms. So I wonder if we make compost can we spread it on our fields as an alternative to slurry, manure, digestate, fertilizer pellets or liquid fertilizer and if so will it add nitrogen to the soil using Precision Farming???
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

CoursePlay V7.0.1.13 has been released and fixes the PF issue as well as other fixes
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Best Friday ever!

crash

Post by crash »

Where does pf take its yield sell price from?

Field 70 on elm creek gave me 129k liters og sorgum, which where sold a hihgest price month, let's say it was around 1600. 129x1600 is around 200k.. but pf sheet says 55k in earnings🤔
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Whats the low price? 55k would be 426 per 1000

Also, is that factoring all the costs also? (fuel, fert, seed, etc.)

Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I think it calculates it at the time of harvesting rather than the time you sell it. Although I haven’t tested this theory.
BitFarmer

Post by BitFarmer »

Hey. Has anyone tested digestate in PF? Does it add nitrogen or did it go the way of oilseed?
crash

Post by crash »

Have to investigate some more. I did start PF on an old save with fields ready to harvest. So on field 70, which had sorgum, I think I gave it a round with the sprayer before it matured past the stage where you can fertilise. Them harvested it. Put on lime, run over it with a shallow high speed disc, seeded wheat and fert with the bougault drill. And harvested again. What I did see was that the statistics sheets, the total since last reset and the resent one was exactly the same, one would think that atleast one of them resets when you harvest. But both sheets just keept adding harvested liters/tons, and alll the other stuff, still with a bad selling price.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

My take away from precision farming:

- One less pass of fertilizer = +money
- Less lime, seed and fertilizer use = +money
- Tax of having to scan the fields (already edited the scan radius cause the default is laughably small)
- Environmental score that I don't fully understand, but I changed nothing in my approach and got +10% sales = +money
- Soil types are random, but generally should average out to 100% = money neutral

Overall, 17K to make 10% more money and lower costs.

I do not know what the nitrogen sensors you can buy do as the nitrogen environmental score updated when I did a harvest.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:49 pm My take away from precision farming:

- Tax of having to scan the fields (already edited the scan radius cause the default is laughably small)
- Environmental score that I don't fully understand, but I changed nothing in my approach and got +10% sales = +money
- Soil types are random, but generally should average out to 100% = money neutral

I do not know what the nitrogen sensors you can buy do as the nitrogen environmental score updated when I did a harvest.
Harvesting certain crops and spraying the chopped chaff on the ground adds nitrogen. Driver53 Gaming done a video.
Last edited by ScotsDude73 on Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

BitFarmer wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:25 pm Hey. Has anyone tested digestate in PF? Does it add nitrogen or did it go the way of oilseed?
I believe digestate adds nitrogen just like slurry.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:49 pm My take away from precision farming:

It’s a variable rate fertiliser so you are still using the same amount, but saving on fuel. In theory you should still do two passes, but the first before seeding with natural fertiliser, which is a lot cheaper than chemical.

The sensors for spraying and slurry spreading make it more accurate, so use less product and also raise the score slightly.

I am in the same boat as you really, all I have really changed is using manure and slurry as I wanted to see what the score would be.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

The updates for the Kverneland iXtrack T4 and Kverneland iXter B18 by Giants have added spot spraying for spraying weeds.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022