Pallet limit

Ifibe

Re: Pallet limit

Post by Ifibe »

Chaki wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:16 pm Hey,
we hear you loud and clear. We will adjust (as in increase) the pallet limit with the next patch (no ETA as it won't be a Hotfix). Thanks for all the feedback.
Not going to rehash all the points of how this limit was delivered but since you are saying this will not be a HF and will be a patch (so assuming 2 months since that is about the time between the last two) maybe Giants can put out a modhub approved mod so we do not have to go to 3rd party to get our old saves that have hundreds of hours in to work and risk viruses and risky code.
nathanfields

Post by nathanfields »

147 pallets of clothing gone. Gone. Not paid for them, gone. I am so utterly disappointed by this amateur move. This is not the game I paid for. PAID FOR. This is a terrible way to treat your customers. Then to recognize the issues it causes and respond in such an absolutely dismissive way? Terrible. If this is the way GIANTS is moving forward, they should refund customers the amount they paid and just give the game out for free. Waiting till the next patch comes out is stupid. Stupid.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:31 am
ScotsDude73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:22 am
Ifibe wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:08 pm I usually stay away from 3rd party as some are full of viruses and the popups are ridiculous. So found one and opened it up and what do you know it is setting the limits based on the system you are on, So know the even bigger question "Why did Giants kill PC players with the 100 limit?"
Now you know how it feels on console to not only have a 200 bale limit, but now a 100 pallet limit on top of that!!
Apparently it's 50 pallets on some consoles. 🤦‍♂️

I don't think Giants thought through 16 players servers with Crossplay and a PS4 user logged in.
Yeah I realised that after reading the tweet on Twitter. Apparently its going to be adjusted in the next update whenever that is released.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:47 am They didn't think through the Productions really which is the problem.... loads more text
Totally agree with everything you wrote, but the first line totally sums up FS22, they didn't think things through. This is similar to the issue with the new forced SeasonsLite and production times and costs. I am still of the belief that there are (at least) two Giants Teams working on this game independent of each other and on different aspects of it, hence you get a production based game that requires lots of pallets and the second team spots some issues and decides that the way to fix it is to limit the number of pallets in the game, without thinking how the rest of the game will be impacted. Or a growth cycle that no longer allows you to play the game starting from nothing without having the money to buy a farmhouse to sleep (admittedly this got sorted out after the fact).
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:47 am They didn't think through the Productions really which is the problem. Why have them spawning pallets willy nilly like they do now? Why not have them act as storage and make the players go to the building activate a trigger and select what product and how many pallets they want to spawn when they want to sell them?

Lets take the Bakery for example, if I have 30,000 litres of Bread inside it, why must I be forced to sit there and move all the pallets of bread that keep spawning out of the way to get to the 10,000 litres of Cake that I actually want to load up and take off and sell. Why can I not just go up to the bakery click the little cogwheel or spanner Icon and get a menu pop-up where I can select between bread and cakes and then select how many pallets I want to spawn?

Modders are already doing this for those people playing on PC and are doing it not just for productions, but pallet storage buildings as whole and also for bale storage. Why don't Giants borrow that concept from the modders and implement it into their own game for everyone, rather then keep on imposing more and more limits and restrictions on players and ultimately diluting the game down from what they were advertising, marketing and promoting to everyone prior to launch?
I just edit the capacity for the produced product and it will hold it until you decide to remove the existing pallets.

All the production capacities and cycles should be multiplied by ten and the cost by5 for all production facilities.
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

nathanfields wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:00 pm 147 pallets of clothing gone. Gone. Not paid for them, gone. I am so utterly disappointed by this amateur move. This is not the game I paid for. PAID FOR. This is a terrible way to treat your customers. Then to recognize the issues it causes and respond in such an absolutely dismissive way? Terrible. If this is the way GIANTS is moving forward, they should refund customers the amount they paid and just give the game out for free. Waiting till the next patch comes out is stupid. Stupid.
I absolutely agree.
50 pallets on consoles is absurd.
I'm done buying Farming Simulator in the future.
Giants Software doesn't care about console players at all.
50 pallets REALLY!!
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

OMG Giants doesnt care about console players dude where you have been sitting I dont know how I long you have been playing Farming Simulator for. I have been playing since 13 on Xbox 360 and to say that Giants doesn't care about console players is ridiculous!! If it weren't for Giants mods would have not come to consoles in 17 and 19 and 22. It was Giants decision to introduce mods to consoles. Modders submit their mods to Giants for testing. Modders have no obligation to release mods on the mod hub as it is their choice to do so. If weren't for Giants consoles would not have mods. I think some console players take for granted now for almost 6 years since the release of 17 in late 2016 we have had mods. Giants dont care about console players!! We are their bread and butter!! Farming Simulator has sold more copies on console than pc. You know what they say if you are not happy on console buy a pc. I have been playing on console since 2013 and I can live with the restrictions. Maybe you should learn to read as Giants have already tweeted on Twitter that they are looking to adjust this in the next update. The restrictions were put in place for performance mainly on PS4 and Xbox One obviously pc got reduced too. And just before you say I play on pc eh no I am on Series X!! Its people like you that give other consoles player a bad name!! I am not buying anymore Farming Simulator games. You are under no obligation to buy it!!
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

nathanfields wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:00 pm 147 pallets of clothing gone. Gone. Not paid for them, gone. I am so utterly disappointed by this amateur move. This is not the game I paid for. PAID FOR. This is a terrible way to treat your customers. Then to recognize the issues it causes and respond in such an absolutely dismissive way? Terrible. If this is the way GIANTS is moving forward, they should refund customers the amount they paid and just give the game out for free. Waiting till the next patch comes out is stupid. Stupid.
Total rage quit!! Pop a few Valium dude you will feel better!! At the end of the day its a video game dude!! Its not real life so forget about it and move on!! The people that feel entitled speak out. I thought that was the console players job??? You are not obligated yet because you bought the game you feel the right to complain about a judgement Giants made and we were never informed about. Acting like you were the only player this happened to. No choice, but to wait for the patch!!
FarmerKiwi

Post by FarmerKiwi »

Chaki wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:16 pm Hey,
we hear you loud and clear. We will adjust (as in increase) the pallet limit with the next patch (no ETA as it won't be a Hotfix). Thanks for all the feedback.
Chaki
The main problem I have with the limit is that our pallets were restricted to 100 when it is a console problem. Get rid of crossplay between pc and console and that will fix the problem. A game for pc and a game for consoles. What is really making us frustrated is this limit was released without any communication but was released in a patch for something else that was broken.
As you know pc and console are two different platforms and should stay separate from each other. Limit will not worry me as I have a mod which will break the limit on my pc but I still feel that we should have been advised that there was a change in the change notes.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

BC144601 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:38 pm Giants Software doesn't care about console players at all.
Keep repeating this all over the forum doesn't make it true. *thumbsdown*
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

It is a bit off a pain especially when I got the shed with racks full off pallets but seem to have only lost dozen pallets off mineral feed .was thinking placing the production warehouse storage mod and moving my pallets to there till a fix comes out has anybody tried this ?.i must admit I was getting cheesed off at pallets coming flying off the forklift and finding them fields away .its still a good game just needs small tweaks here and there fingers crossed it gets sorted sooner than later but till it does I bet we still turn it on most days and have a muck about on the farm
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Hahahahahaha a limit for pallets....HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA...are you serious Giants?

You show us again that fixing some minor bugs is above your competence levels. And it shows again you just want quantity over quality....there is no care put in these updates...they only rush to push out as much fecal matter as they can. Same with PF...it's just a bunch of tables on the backend that do a few more calculations. And it's not even close to real life...just like everything in this "sim". It's just a half assed product that doesn't deserve the attention it gets from players.

There is no communication between players and the company (and no Discord is not a proper channel for a company to use), no passion, no care, this was sadly the last FS purchase for many, myself included. You can tell not a single employee haven't even held a shovel in their lives...and probably haven't even seen a tractor cab form inside. It is obvious from the game itself.

I know this comment will probably get deleted because the truth is hard to hear for many.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

MagicBoy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:29 am
BC144601 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:38 pm Giants Software doesn't care about console players at all.
One fanboy can't make it untrue. Giants don't care about all players, not just console.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:40 pm I just edit the capacity for the produced product and it will hold it until you decide to remove the existing pallets.

All the production capacities and cycles should be multiplied by ten and the cost by5 for all production facilities.
I'm not talking about storage limits of the buildings or of mods or cycle times or cycle costs, they are what they are and you learn to play with them on a map by map basis. What I'm saying is why did Giants developers choose to have it so the productions automatically by themself start spawning pallets into the game world. Why not when the factory is set to "Storage" of any item do just that and store it inside. No pallets should be spawned into the game world until actively done by a player, by selecting a trigger or icon and choosing what product they want to spawn and how many pallets of that product (Similar to how you buy items pallet items from the shop menu).

Again as an example take the Dairy Factory or the Oil Factory, these buildings produce multiple end products, but there is no way for the player to actually control the pallet spawning, so their game world will often be filled with pallets they do not need or want at that time. If I want to sell Chocolate for example, why must I spawn and move all the pallets of butter and cheese first to get to it and then have all those pallets of butter and cheese just laying around on the map until the correct month of the year to sell those with no option to load them back into the production building for continued storage? Just let the players choose what to empty from the productions.

Think of it this way imagine if the Developers had made it so your Farm Silos forced you to unload all your Wheat, Barley, Oats, Canola, Sunflower and Corn before you could actually unload the Soybeans you want to go and sell, that wouldn't make any sense at all and would be a very silly game mechanic. However that is how the Productions currently work in the game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Burekcina wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:10 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:29 am
One fanboy can't make it untrue. Giants don't care about all players, not just console.
I claim my five pounds! (Old Private Eye joke)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads