Pallet limit

STL

Re: Pallet limit

Post by STL »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:11 pm
bossmanslim wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:40 pm I just edit the capacity for the produced product and it will hold it until you decide to remove the existing pallets.

All the production capacities and cycles should be multiplied by ten and the cost by5 for all production facilities.
I'm not talking about storage limits of the buildings or of mods or cycle times or cycle costs, they are what they are and you learn to play with them on a map by map basis. What I'm saying is why did Giants developers choose to have it so the productions automatically by themself start spawning pallets into the game world. Why not when the factory is set to "Storage" of any item do just that and store it inside. No pallets should be spawned into the game world until actively done by a player, by selecting a trigger or icon and choosing what product they want to spawn and how many pallets of that product (Similar to how you buy items pallet items from the shop menu).

Again as an example take the Dairy Factory or the Oil Factory, these buildings produce multiple end products, but there is no way for the player to actually control the pallet spawning, so their game world will often be filled with pallets they do not need or want at that time. If I want to sell Chocolate for example, why must I spawn and move all the pallets of butter and cheese first to get to it and then have all those pallets of butter and cheese just laying around on the map until the correct month of the year to sell those with no option to load them back into the production building for continued storage? Just let the players choose what to empty from the productions.

Think of it this way imagine if the Developers had made it so your Farm Silos forced you to unload all your Wheat, Barley, Oats, Canola, Sunflower and Corn before you could actually unload the Soybeans you want to go and sell, that wouldn't make any sense at all and would be a very silly game mechanic. However that is how the Productions currently work in the game.

To only spawn the pallets you want from the Dairy or Oil Factories. Set the products to distribute, the pallets will stay in the factories, they have no where to go. When you want a pallets set that product to store them that product will spawn. Hope that helps you.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I would like to add that overall with the release of 22 they have either made some ridiculous mistakes or some calculated gambles. I see not posting the pallet limit in the patch notes as a calculated gamble.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:11 pm
bossmanslim wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:40 pm I just edit the capacity for the produced product and it will hold it until you decide to remove the existing pallets.

All the production capacities and cycles should be multiplied by ten and the cost by5 for all production facilities.
I'm not talking about storage limits of the buildings or of mods or cycle times or cycle costs, they are what they are and you learn to play with them on a map by map basis. What I'm saying is why did Giants developers choose to have it so the productions automatically by themself start spawning pallets into the game world. Why not when the factory is set to "Storage" of any item do just that and store it inside. No pallets should be spawned into the game world until actively done by a player, by selecting a trigger or icon and choosing what product they want to spawn and how many pallets of that product (Similar to how you buy items pallet items from the shop menu).
I'm with you on this one. I guess it's done the way it is to remind players there's items there as a visual reference when driving/walking past, same as animal products like wool and eggs in previous games?

I'd ideally want it redesigned it to make it pallet spawning work using a similar process to get goods from a silo, or animal buying/selling. Press R (or whatever your equivalent is). Then pick the item type and how many you want.

Then add storage warehouse type building(s), and integrate it into the production chains. Add an extra option for transfer to warehouse, or change the distribute option to let the player pick which building to distribute the item to. So using Flour as an example it would give the option of warehouse or the bakery.
Jupp23

Post by Jupp23 »

They really need to update this, 50 is not enough when you have animals and production chains
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Jupp23 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:04 pm They really need to update this, 50 is not enough when you have animals and production chains
they will but it is going to be awhile as it will be in the next patch so they have said but when that will be who knows but if going by how the patch have been most likely not till june. there is also an issue with being able to change settings with like the seed rate and such on console so stuck on auto as it won't let yet change it at all but seems to be working fine on pc.
but for pallets can try https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?mod_id=237594 someone posted asking if it would remove the limit or not here viewtopic.php?f=963&t=190959&p=1503329#p1503329
Gundog

Post by Gundog »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:25 pm
Burekcina wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:10 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:29 am

Keep repeating this all over the forum doesn't make it true. *thumbsdown*
One fanboy can't make it untrue. Giants don't care about all players, not just console.
I claim my five pounds! (Old Private Eye joke)
Didn't think there'd be another Eye reader playing FS22 :-o
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Gundog wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:25 pm
blue_painted wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:25 pm
Burekcina wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:10 pm

One fanboy can't make it untrue. Giants don't care about all players, not just console.
I claim my five pounds! (Old Private Eye joke)
Didn't think there'd be another Eye reader playing FS22 :-o
We get everywhere!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mekkanix

Post by Mekkanix »

I only have two gripes with pallet limit as a console (PS4) player....

One, it was left out of the original patch notes so it makes me curious if that was intentional. In my case, as with many others, I lost a significant amount of money and time to wake up that morning and see countless number of my product pallets gone from my storage to enforce the new limit.

Second, since the new limit, any attempts to use the pallet logistics mod or central warehouse mods to store extra pallets crash my game. It's like Giants coded it be 50 pallets regardless if they're on the map or stored.

I can go all day just farming and harvesting, using silos and such with zero problems. Then I put a few extra greenhouse pallets into one of those storage areas, and my game craps itself. In my last test, I did 5 greenhouse pallets into storage. When my greehouse spawned 4 additional pallets, it was fine. Then once 5-6 spawned, my game immediately froze and crashed. I tested it over a dozen times so I know it's not my imagination.

I get that they had people having issues and was looking for a fix, but I don't think that there's a lot of communication on how these issues are addressed.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

With the new processing of Ads in-game, and the resources surrounding it, maybe they needed to make adjustments elsewhere, and maybe that's where the new pallet limit comes in.
Maybe it didn't appear in the patch notes because they were hoping most people wouldn't notice.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The ads have been in the game since it was launched for various things.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Arnie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:25 am With the new processing of Ads in-game, and the resources surrounding it, maybe they needed to make adjustments elsewhere, and maybe that's where the new pallet limit comes in.
Ad billboards have been there since day one. So no.
Loki3069

Post by Loki3069 »

[Think it's pretty crummy yet again that Giants patch something into the PC Version of the game to steathily fix a performance issue for the Console Players on their very limited hardware. Seriously this is why the game needs two different versions, Farming Simulator for the PC Players and Farming Simulator Lite for the Consoles.]

The game was working just fine on my xbox series x when there was unlimited pallets and 5500 slots Giant making these changes xbox series x is pi** us off too. The xbox series X can handle the performance without limiting the game
Orange Tiger NL

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

Loki3069 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:15 am [Think it's pretty crummy yet again that Giants patch something into the PC Version of the game to steathily fix a performance issue for the Console Players on their very limited hardware. Seriously this is why the game needs two different versions, Farming Simulator for the PC Players and Farming Simulator Lite for the Consoles.]

The game was working just fine on my xbox series x when there was unlimited pallets and 5500 slots Giant making these changes xbox series x is pi** us off too. The xbox series X can handle the performance without limiting the game
So can the xbox series s!

But yeah they already said patch is coming quite soon to bump it up to 150 pallet limit for Xbox Series S/X and PS5
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Question is will slots increase from 4400 back up to 5500 for current generation consoles. Probably not. To me we should have larger bale limit. But on console you cannot have everything. It would effect game performance. Its trying to get a balance.
rrigby9

Post by rrigby9 »

Very angry about the pallet limit. I was playing on my ps4 and noticed the pallet limit. I go over to my Xbox series x. To a game I have well over 100 hours on and immediately see there are too many pallets.

I refuse to play the game if I can't play it the way I want to play it.

Remove the pallet limits. This is Rediculous. Why are you trying so hard to ruin the game. Thank God for gamefly so I didn't waste my money on this game.