Pallet limit

Duckzor

Re: Pallet limit

Post by Duckzor »

Giants continually breaking their own game since day dot - another STUPID decision and implementation.

Giants have always been lacking in both discussion/feedback with their player base and having what at best would be considered poor QA.
FS19 State of the Game - [youtube]https://youtu.be/NdkvMZpJX0o[/youtube]
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:22 am
Ifibe wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:08 pm I usually stay away from 3rd party as some are full of viruses and the popups are ridiculous. So found one and opened it up and what do you know it is setting the limits based on the system you are on, So know the even bigger question "Why did Giants kill PC players with the 100 limit?"
Now you know how it feels on console to not only have a 200 bale limit, but now a 100 pallet limit on top of that!!
Apparently it's 50 pallets on some consoles. 🤦‍♂️

I don't think Giants thought through 16 players servers with Crossplay and a PS4 user logged in.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

They didn't think through the Productions really which is the problem. Why have them spawning pallets willy nilly like they do now? Why not have them act as storage and make the players go to the building activate a trigger and select what product and how many pallets they want to spawn when they want to sell them?

Lets take the Bakery for example, if I have 30,000 litres of Bread inside it, why must I be forced to sit there and move all the pallets of bread that keep spawning out of the way to get to the 10,000 litres of Cake that I actually want to load up and take off and sell. Why can I not just go up to the bakery click the little cogwheel or spanner Icon and get a menu pop-up where I can select between bread and cakes and then select how many pallets I want to spawn?

Modders are already doing this for those people playing on PC and are doing it not just for productions, but pallet storage buildings as whole and also for bale storage. Why don't Giants borrow that concept from the modders and implement it into their own game for everyone, rather then keep on imposing more and more limits and restrictions on players and ultimately diluting the game down from what they were advertising, marketing and promoting to everyone prior to launch?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
phoe

Post by phoe »

Because it is easier to restrict than to innovate.
What you just proposed sounds way too logical and customer friendly. Sadly it sound like work for GIANTS too.
FS 22 @ Nitrado - Xbox Series X
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

From what I've just seen on Facebook they are going too look into it.
phoe

Post by phoe »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:14 pm From what I've just seen on Facebook they are going too look into it.
Where did you see any official statement? I can't find anything on both their facebook pages.
FS 22 @ Nitrado - Xbox Series X
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

phoe wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:22 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:14 pm From what I've just seen on Facebook they are going too look into it.
Where did you see any official statement? I can't find anything on both their facebook pages.
I think it was a post FS Club somebody shared , just shows how little Giants value their own forum we are having to hunt for information.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Discord:
Chaki 🐺 Community Cowordinator — Today at 09:34
Two things
1) Like i said earlier, we'll review the palette limit again and see if we can raise it in the future.
2) Hotfix is rolling out now
Another instance where they completely underestimated or miscalculated things, after already restricting slots in an earlier patch.

Before the game released (around the time of the slot increase news) I asked if the bale limit was still in place on console and one of the devs replied having forgotten there was even a bale limit at all. I suppose that ought to have set the warning sirens going.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

I seems to me that Giants employees don't play the game. If they did, they'd realize that their restricting numbers would be a problem.
Another possibility is that they just can't be bothered finding a solution to the limits being put on objects.
cwattyeso had a good suggestion. Another would be to just autoload the products on your transport like Pure Farming did with their greenhouses.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

DEERE318 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:03 pm I seems to me that Giants employees don't play the game. If they did, they'd realize that their restricting numbers would be a problem.
Sadly this does appear to be the case, or at least not enough testers running the game in different ways or pushing limits.

I said before release much of FS22 was looking like pallet simulator, so to now put a limit on those pallets is absurd. Still, I don't use pallets (other than wool) so it doesn't really affect me. The productions had a lot of promise, but frankly those in game bore me silly.

Edit:
Lisertan | Community Manager — Today at 12:13
Hey again,

we hear you loud and clear. We will adjust (as in increase) the pallet limit with the next patch (no ETA as it won't be a Hotfix). Thanks for all the feedback
Last edited by this_is_gav on Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Hey,
we hear you loud and clear. We will adjust (as in increase) the pallet limit with the next patch (no ETA as it won't be a Hotfix). Thanks for all the feedback.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Given the unofficial mod appears to be a single line of LUA script to remove the limit, can we get a Giants approved/authored mod that does similar for the PC players until the next patch arrives?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

No hotfix,as this is something that could be done quite simply for PC I can only assume it's a case of we don't want to pay the console manufacturers to test another patch.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:16 pm

Sadly this does appear to be the case, or at least not enough testers running the game in different ways or pushing limits.

I said before release much of FS22 was looking like pallet simulator, so to now put a limit on those pallets is absurd. Still, I don't use pallets (other than wool) so it doesn't really affect me. The productions had a lot of promise, but frankly those in game bore me silly
The more the game grows the poorer the QA seems to get.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:44 pm No hotfix,as this is something that could be done quite simply for PC I can only assume it's a case of we don't want to pay the console manufacturers to test another patch.
To be fair, if some are experiencing stability issues then I doubt it's that simple. They can't just up the pallet number again and push out another hotfix just because some other players aren't experiencing issues.

This will need addressing through either some optimisation of the pallets (questionable how feasible that is as I'd assume they'd have done so already) or more likely balancing out other game features or performance, for example limiting bale numbers if you have so many pallets or vice-versa.

Other things need factoring in too, such as a need to display the number of current pallets as well as any pallet limit in game, and Ideally telling players before pushing out a patch, as the 1.4 pallet limit wasn't acknowledged at all originally and players lost produce (with no rewards at all) as a result. While players would still have been unhappy some forewarning would have gone a long way.

I assume this is why they increased the size and weight of pallets in 1.3 (I think it was), hoping that larger pallets containing more produce would suffice, but if that is the case then clearly it hadn't gone far enough.

50 pallets on console is ridiculous though, especially on multiplayer (and PC crossplay) as that limit will be hit really quickly, considering players will likely be buying pallets of seeds, fertiliser and lime all at the similar times, on top of any pallets used in productions.

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:47 pm The more the game grows the poorer the QA seems to get.
Well the pallet limit isn't a QA thing - it was an intended restriction. Like I said there should have been some forewarning that this was going to be introduced though.

I think their team must be really stretched now, and that is probably down to the game getting to big to keep on track of. I note the advertised job list is still listing the same developer jobs that must have been up there for at least a year now. Surely by now it's more a case of them not attracting the right candidates, are being too picky or need to open up another office in a more receptive area, as the COVID excuse can't be used forever - many countries now have no restrictions at all now.