Maybe us American players (especially console players)...

ScotsDude73

Re: Maybe us American players (especially console players)...

Post by ScotsDude73 »

lawm wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:28 am Goham has gotten spoiled and lazy with his videos over past 2 years. Modders make the game playable over the long run. Youtubers sell the game.
To me there are certain YouTubers that promote the modders work which allows players to see what is coming to the game in advance. At the end of the day its the modders that makes the game what it is. Without the modding community this game would not have sold as well as it has over the years. Perks of being a well known YouTuber are early access to modded maps and mods as well as free dlc and probably even a free copy of the game to promote it on livestreams before release.
Dale Kieser

Post by Dale Kieser »

DEERE318 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:13 pm
punchi wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:41 am What is it with american players creating non stop whinings threads on the forum?
Is this an american thing? No disrespect intended.
What is it with German players popping in to the English forums just to disrespect American players by calling them whiners, and then saying no disrespect intended? :confusednew:
Well said !!!
BTW .... im a Canadian player.
IMO .... too many European maps. Give us some large wide open square fields once in awhile. Like we have here. Thats not a whine. Its called asking for a farming situation like we have in our Country. Love the game, but i will wait patiently for the large square fields. Like Welkers.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:30 am And yes I agree!! Calling yourself an Ambassador is self proclamation!! He is partner. The Kerminator is Giants Ambassador for United States.
DJ is an ambassador. There are dozens of ambassadors, at least one in the most popular countries where the game is sold. DJ is one of six ambassadors in the USA at the time of this post: Meet our new Community Ambassadors! (We're still looking!), though there are likely changes and/or additions since.

Ambassadors aren't GIANTS staff, though they get a few perks in merchandise and, in FS22's case, early access. Kermit is GIANTS staff - one of two Community Coordinators (along with Chris/Chaki) and with Lars as the Community Manager.

I thought it was a shocking idea at first, just a glorified "influencer" (a term I hate and barely acknowledge, and I lose a little more respect for whoever uses it) with no real value, however at least one of them was very proactive in the build up to FS22's release in taking feedback and ensuring that GIANTS were aware of our opinions, which is one of the reasons GIANTS made significant changes to the game (particularly lighting and colour palette) in the lead up to release - something they deservedly got a lot of credit for, as I think a lot of us had lost hope and expected more of a FS19.5, as it initially appeared.

As far as I know a GIANTS Partner is what was known as the unmentionable above - essentially streamers and content producers who hype the product (and are thus rarely provide balanced arguments, sometimes to the point of ignorant to or blindly attacking negativity).
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

I don't understand exactly what an ambassador is supposed to do.
"designed to strengthen the link between our community and us at GIANTS Software".
How do they do that, and are there any examples of that strengthened link?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Arnie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:59 am I don't understand exactly what an ambassador is supposed to do.
"designed to strengthen the link between our community and us at GIANTS Software".
I've pointed one example out. They were the very definition of strengthening a link, as it allowed us players to give near direct feedback to the developers who reacted accordingly.

I can't speak for many other ambassadors, as a lot of them seem to confuse their role for blind loyalty, in which case such feedback is much less likely to reach GIANTS. Those are instances are pretty useless as ambassadors and more in line with what I anticipated the programme to be before its true value became clear in those who use it appropriately.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:06 am
Arnie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:59 am I don't understand exactly what an ambassador is supposed to do.
I've pointed one example out. They were the very definition of strengthening a link, as it allowed us players to give near direct feedback to the developers who reacted accordingly.

I can't speak for many other ambassadors, as a lot of them seem to confuse their role for blind loyalty, in which case such feedback is much less likely to reach GIANTS. Those are instances are pretty useless as ambassadors and more in line with what I anticipated the programme to be before its true value became clear in those who use it appropriately.
Ok I read your earlier post again and caught what you said, thanks.
lawm

Post by lawm »

So basically it's like politics lol.put in some work, get name recognition and make it, then take it easy , tow the line, and say what you need to retain subscribers
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Dale Kieser wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:18 am
DEERE318 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:13 pm
punchi wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:41 am What is it with american players creating non stop whinings threads on the forum?
Is this an american thing? No disrespect intended.
What is it with German players popping in to the English forums just to disrespect American players by calling them whiners, and then saying no disrespect intended? :confusednew:
Well said !!!
BTW .... im a Canadian player.
IMO .... too many European maps. Give us some large wide open square fields once in awhile. Like we have here. Thats not a whine. Its called asking for a farming situation like we have in our Country. Love the game, but i will wait patiently for the large square fields. Like Welkers.
I can't agree with that: maybe "not enough North American big-field maps" but not "too many European maps" ... there's only three UK/Eire maps on modhub :( ... more and more and more maps!

(Yes, I know how much work goes into map making, I've tried and failed so many times)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
eric21

Post by eric21 »

*thumbsup*
lawm wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:14 pm So basically it's like politics lol.put in some work, get name recognition and make it, then take it easy , tow the line, and say what you need to retain subscribers
Not quite, companies use fan forums or support groups for the community via a 3rd party or sub branch group for feedback. Comments and suggestions get talked about and put forward to the company. It's a better way to have one person say something with lots of recommendations that are important rather than 100,000 people emailing you a week
lawm

Post by lawm »

eric21 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:44 pm *thumbsup*
lawm wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:14 pm So basically it's like politics lol.put in some work, get name recognition and make it, then take it easy , tow the line, and say what you need to retain subscribers
Not quite, companies use fan forums or support groups for the community via a 3rd party or sub branch group for feedback. Comments and suggestions get talked about and put forward to the company. It's a better way to have one person say something with lots of recommendations that are important rather than 100,000 people emailing you a week
I understand all that but I guess the thing that I am mocking is we are here we're here trying to voice this information free of charge on a daily basis on this website. Go on his YouTube channel and read the comments from viewers it's the same stuff as on here basically mixed in with a bunch of fan dribble trying to get shoutouts from DJ.
raran

Post by raran »

I don't even watch youtubers who put their ugly mugs in the corner of the screen anymore. Once they start doing that it's mostly about them and not about the game.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I unsubscribed last night I realized I haven't watched him in forever , he doesn't play the vehicle sounds on new vehicles or tractors and he doesn't show the tire options a lot of times. He just says has tire options. It got so half done I went to sealyp if I wanna see a mod before downloading.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

raran wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:21 pm I don't even watch youtubers who put their ugly mugs in the corner of the screen anymore. Once they start doing that it's mostly about them and not about the game.
I thought I was the only one that used this logic. The last that survived this decision was Cole the Cornstar as I originally found him entertaining, then his channel turned into more of a ‘look how much money I’m spending’ channel so he ended up going with the rest.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:55 pm
raran wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:21 pm I don't even watch youtubers who put their ugly mugs in the corner of the screen anymore. Once they start doing that it's mostly about them and not about the game.
I thought I was the only one that used this logic. The last that survived this decision was Cole the Cornstar as I originally found him entertaining, then his channel turned into more of a ‘look how much money I’m spending’ channel so he ended up going with the rest.
They are good ppl but I agree it's like hes getting *censored* in to luring in more ppl with gimmicks. Like how long does someone have to view to have it count as viewership? If it's only just needing someone to start the video that explains the whole pictures and captions to *censored* ppl in and now your channels become click bait
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

What does the above conversation have with a discussion about the proportional numbers of US to Euro maps? “Take it outside, boys,” said the sheriff. The discussion is interesting. Unfortunately, the “wrong” group is seeing it.