Maybe us American players (especially console players)...

Mwal

Re: Maybe us American players (especially console players)...

Post by Mwal »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:49 pm What does the above conversation have with a discussion about the proportional numbers of US to Euro maps? “Take it outside, boys,” said the sheriff. The discussion is interesting. Unfortunately, the “wrong” group is seeing it.
It has as much to do with the OP’s post about community communication than euro vs. us maps haha
Faelandaea

Re: Maybe us American players (especially console players)...

Post by Faelandaea »

raran wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:21 pm I don't even watch youtubers who put their ugly mugs in the corner of the screen anymore. Once they start doing that it's mostly about them and not about the game.
The odd thing is I have never put my face into the stream for gaming ... just for my trucking videos, which no one is interested in anyway as trucking just simply is not popular. I make my trucking videos strictly for friends and family, not the community.

But people have been requesting constantly for me to get a cam for the gaming videos, to supposedly "become more interactive with the audience", which is an odd request. Just playing the game and sharing it is interactive enough. I do not feel I need to go beyond that.
Regardless, I've been considering getting a cam to balance it out. I still don't want my face on while I play the game, but been considering it for little breaks for Q&A during ATS modding streams or something.

EDIT: By the way, I spend most of my FS22 streams complaining about the game. Doesn't get viewers at all, but it at least lets me vent to friends and family about all the things that kill me about the games I play LOL. The unfortunate fact is that streamers almost HAVE to be fan boys and hype the game to get viewers, because the only ones who truly watch these videos are fans of the game and folks who do not want to hear criticism about the game. It's part of why I quit doing modding reviews. While other reviewers jumped up and down in glee over every mod, I spent my time pretty much crushing the mod with criticism. I love modders and I love their creativity, but I also believe if someone is going to release something - do it right or it'll be called out, period. /EDIT

This just proves that regardless of what I do, no one will be happy at all. LOL. Lovely community :) It's a good thing my streams are meant for family and friends and not the public. If I was trying to make the public happy, I'd be miserable as heck.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.