Is it just me or am I doing something wrong?

FarmCatJenkins

Is it just me or am I doing something wrong?

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

So last night, on Maypole, I downloaded the Extended Meridian Silo to use for herbicide storage. I bought 20k liters, and pulled my Kverneland iXter B18 up to it to fill, but the option didn't come up in the help menu to fill either the sprayer or front tank. Then I tried to half fill the sprayer from a pallet but still, no option to fill from the storage tank, but it would let me offload from the sprayer into the tank. Has anyone else had issues with this storage tank, or could it be the sprayer? I got too frustrated last night and quit testing it.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
punchi

Re: Is it just me or am I doing something wrong?

Post by punchi »

Both Kverneland from Giants in the modhub are missing the trigger to fill it from storages...
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Ah hah, I figured that might be the issue. It go too late for me to grab another sprayer. Do you know if it's just an XML fix or the actual trigger isn't there?

punchi

Post by punchi »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:28 pm Ah hah, I figured that might be the issue. It go too late for me to grab another sprayer. Do you know if it's just an XML fix or the actual trigger isn't there?
The trigger is not there, you have to add it with the GE and modify the xml
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Good weekend project. Thank you!

ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

So basically more Giants equipment that is broken???
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I can't comment about the update (as I'm still on 1.3.1) but the iXter B18 fills fine from the fertiliser tanks on Calmsden.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Something to the the game update then. Well on console you cannot play the game unless you update it!!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:25 pm I can't comment about the update (as I'm still on 1.3.1) but the iXter B18 fills fine from the fertiliser tanks on Calmsden.
Is that the base liquid fertilizer tank or a modded one? I was trying with the extended one on the Modhub that holds herbicide

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:59 am Is that the base liquid fertilizer tank or a modded one? I was trying with the extended one on the Modhub that holds herbicide
It's the one built into Calmsden. I changed it to herbicide rather than fertiliser, but I've checked both my mod and the standard one can fill the iXter B18 and its additional tank and they do so fine.

I've also checked the Extended Meridian Silo bymodded one by johnwayne1930 (I assume this is the one you reference?) and can confirm they don't work with the iXter B18 (nor the iXtrack T4). The base game Hardi MEGA 1200L does fill from this tank though.

I've no idea what OxygenDavid did with his tanks to allow them to fill a sprayer which doesn't have a trigger that GIANTS or johnwayne1930 didn't with their silos though. He's set them up as using the dieselTank function rather than the fillableLiquidHerbicidTank function, but even copying aspects of his fertiliser tank XML file I can't get the Extended Meridian Silo to fill those two Kverneland sprayers, while the one on Calmsden does. There are a couple of nodes referenced that aren't in the basegame I3D file (which the Extended Meridian Silo mod uses) but when you get to that stage it's easier adding the trigger to the sprayers than it is trying to bodge the silo.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Hmm thanks for the info gav. But after playing for a bit using Precision Farming I realized it's going to take me a couple years to run through all my herbicide spot spraying, so I'm not even in need of a container right now lol

johnwayne1930

Post by johnwayne1930 »

Just saw this, although a bit late I guess. :)
The last time I checked the Kverneland iXter B18, iXtrack T4 and iXtra 1100 Comfort are missing a trigger which prevent them from loading out of the mentioned silos. Even the base game ones.
I have submitted a corresponding ticket in the giants bugtracker about two months ago, but no response to that as of now.