Follow me

agrodeno

Follow me

Post by agrodeno »

Hi guys, does anyone have info about follow me mod to fs22? For me the game ís unplayable without this mod and in previous episodes of farming this mod was released within three months :sadnew:
Rasping rabbit

Re: Follow me

Post by Rasping rabbit »

You not wanting to play it is not the game being unplayable. You could just drive the vehicles yourself, or use the AI helpers.

‘Unplayable’ has to be the most over used & misused word on this forum.
agrodeno

Post by agrodeno »

Yeah but the problem is that..., I am playing sólo and i want do senage with forage harvester, and i can't drive forage and tractor next to him same time.
... Or i Can?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Well the simple solution is to put a worker inside the forage harvester and drive along side, or attach a trailer to the back of the harvester.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Put an AI on the forage harvester, and drive the trailer beside him. If you don't stop the AI he will just sit there until you get back with the trailer.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Worth pointing out that the AI can't drive the forage harvester when it is picking up grass windrows, so trying to do silage from grass you can only hook up a trailer (and only a few of them have the correct hitch) to the harvester, and either drive the harvester to the pit or detach the trailer and use a tractor to cart the grass.

The only way I know of to do it 'properly' (i.e. forage harvester and tractors with trailers) is either multiplayer or, in previous games, Follow Me.

GIANTS really need to figure out a way for the hired helpers to work with windrows and for the AI to do basic carting. Hopefully they'll go some way towards that with the promised AI improvements in updates.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:10 pm Worth pointing out that the AI can't drive the forage harvester when it is picking up grass windrows, so trying to do silage from grass you can only hook up a trailer (and only a few of them have the correct hitch) to the harvester, and either drive the harvester to the pit or detach the trailer and use a tractor to cart the grass.

The only way I know of to do it 'properly' (i.e. forage harvester and tractors with trailers) is either multiplayer or, in previous games, Follow Me.

GIANTS really need to figure out a way for the hired helpers to work with windrows and for the AI to do basic carting. Hopefully they'll go some way towards that with the promised AI improvements in updates.
I highly doubt there will be anymore ai improvements like they promised. The game sold pretty good and they are in no need to ìmprove the game further. Anyway i agree with the OP and would like to do silage by driving the harvester and then have ai do the carting. Not possible without that mod. I know Decker is still modding but it seems he just does not have the time to finish this mod for 4th time if im not mistaking. Srsly giants we cant rely on a single modder to implent this each iteration
raran

Post by raran »

Courseplay.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Use a loading wagon?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

njuska11 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:17 pm I highly doubt there will be anymore ai improvements like they promised. The game sold pretty good and they are in no need to ìmprove the game further. Anyway i agree with the OP and would like to do silage by driving the harvester and then have ai do the carting. Not possible without that mod. I know Decker is still modding but it seems he just does not have the time to finish this mod for 4th time if im not mistaking. Srsly giants we cant rely on a single modder to implent this each iteration
Nope, I said at the time I'm holding them to this. I appreciate that time has been spent on essentially fixing the game and releasing Precision Farming, but now they need to show they're looking to deliver what they promised the paying players.

I couldn't believe the hired helpers saw no real improvements from, what FS15 perhaps (other than an ability to avoid objects, leaving bare patches in fields with telegraph poles for example), and they desperately needs some new life.

The destination driving was a welcome start but is clearly unfinished, useless on most mod maps and flummoxed by the most basic thing (even driving out of buildings when the vehicle is sticking half way out of the doors).

I maintain FS22 has the potential to become a true great of the franchise, reaching the heights of some previous versions (FS17 and FS2013 come to mind) but it's still well short of actually delivering on that potential.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Any "improvements" will likely be saved for the next iteration, and used to fuel the hype machine.
I say this because their promise, how ever reliable that is, may not have necessarily meant this version.
They'll probably be focusing on final DLCs for the season pass, then moving on to the next wonderful release.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:36 pm You not wanting to play it is not the game being unplayable. You could just drive the vehicles yourself, or use the AI helpers.

He said "For me the game ís unplayable without this mod".
Who are we to say if the game is playable to him or not? If he can't enjoy the game without a certain function, then it's pretty much unplayable to him.
steveW

Post by steveW »

I would like to see Followme released but Hardly unplayable without it?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

DEERE318 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:57 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:36 pm You not wanting to play it is not the game being unplayable. You could just drive the vehicles yourself, or use the AI helpers.

He said "For me the game ís unplayable without this mod".
Who are we to say if the game is playable to him or not? If he can't enjoy the game without a certain function, then it's pretty much unplayable to him.
I think you misread my post. I didn’t say the game was playable to him. I pointed out that the word unplayable was misused on this forum, which it is, and that unplayable was different to him choosing not to play it.

I even gave him suggestions as an alternative for him to try as he may not be aware of these options.

But thanks for your input 👍🏼
Guil

Post by Guil »

Where is the like button :mrgreen: