Alien Jim is a legend

EUROFARMER22

Re: Alien Jim is a legend

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Decriptus wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:14 pm
What makes the map special? Is the sequel of No Mans Land. Is a sandbox map, the gold production plant give us the ability to use the TerraFarm mod in order to use excavators to dig for stones.
If you played No Mans Land, then The Western Wilds is the sequel. There is an abandoned farm, you can re-create it. There are forests, there is empty land waiting for the player to use his/her imagination in order to create the ultimate game.
I don't want to continue, because I will need hours to explain step by step every aspect of the map :biggrin2:

No need to mention this; what I wrote here is JUST my personal opinion and of course I never claim I am correct :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

So basically you are saying its a horrible map. You said the features are awesome, but the map isnt. Simple solution you either play the map or you dont. To be honest it doesn't really matter because the map wasnt just made for you. It was made for everyone that wants to play it. Alien Jim doesnt expect to please everyone. As for Sussex Farms Alien Jim has already stated that he has no current plans to convert any of his old maps. If he does decide to do so then thats his decision. The man will not be forced in to making something he doesnt want to. What ever Jim does a lot of people respect him for it. Sometimes we have to move on to new things. We all get nostalgic even me. You dont like the map then there are plenty other maps to play and more going in to testing pretty much every week there are maps in testing.

Farmer Klein gave Western Wilds 5 Stars.

Very rarely has he marked a map 5 Stars. Only a handful of maps he has reviewed have gotten 5/5 Stars.
Last edited by ScotsDude73 on Tue May 10, 2022 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:43 pm
Decriptus wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:14 pm
What makes the map special? Is the sequel of No Mans Land. Is a sandbox map, the gold production plant give us the ability to use the TerraFarm mod in order to use excavators to dig for stones.
If you played No Mans Land, then The Western Wilds is the sequel. There is an abandoned farm, you can re-create it. There are forests, there is empty land waiting for the player to use his/her imagination in order to create the ultimate game.
I don't want to continue, because I will need hours to explain step by step every aspect of the map :biggrin2:

No need to mention this; what I wrote here is JUST my personal opinion and of course I never claim I am correct :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
I agree. Playing such a map like Western Wilds is a players dream map. Sculpting the map putting down your own placeables and plowing your own fields creating your own unique map. Maps like this tailor to players who love to be creative. Adding gold production to the map is really cool. I have a question to Alien Jim if you see this. Would you consider releasing the Gold Production as a separate factory mod that we could place on other maps along with a modded sell point for gold???
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Decriptus, That's what makes maps are the features. You are pretty much asking what makes the burger special if you take out the meat and the seasoning. Your question is pointless then. All the farm maps are pretty much the same with fields, if you take it all the features.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
raran

Post by raran »

Hof Bergmann is going to drop like a bomb lol.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Well I dont see it. Maybe you should go play it instead of posting randomly on threads.
raran

Post by raran »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:18 am Well I dont see it. Maybe you should go play it instead of posting randomly on threads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJNWduTubCk
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Nobody likes a smart Alec raran!!
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Still.... getting bent out of shape over a simple question....I was ASKING what made the map special not declaring it a waste of mod hub space....I may have overestimated this community's ability to explain something without attacking the poster....I'll leave y'all to it
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Decriptus wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:45 pm Still.... getting bent out of shape over a simple question....I was ASKING what made the map special not declaring it a waste of mod hub space....I may have overestimated this community's ability to explain something without attacking the poster....I'll leave y'all to it
It's a sandbox map that is not primarily designed for forestry, of which there are 5 on the official modhub. Of the sandbox maps, Western Wilds has the most functionality, polish and "life" around the map.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

The map is what ever you want it to be!! What makes any map or mods special??? IMO anything on the mod hub is special. Someone or a group of people created something that they made and sent it into Giants for testing. If it passes testing it goes on Giants mod hub for everyone to download for free!! Whats more special than a modder or modding group doing that for the community. Spending hundreds of hours making something for you to download for free. Some players take modders and mods for granted. Consoles have had mods since 2016 and as far as I am concerned there are players out there that just dont appreciate the time and work that goes into making a mod or a map. Here is a question hypothetically speaking of course. What if modders stopped modding today and Giants shutdown the mod hub. PC is fine even though a lot the 3rd party sites post broken mods. Thats bad news for console players. Its a true saying you dont truely appreciate something until its gone. To me mods are special little gifts that modders create and share to the community and in return they ask us to rate their mods and give them the respect and thanks the deserve. I never question the quality of a modders work and certainly appreciate every single mod that Giants have ever uploaded since FS17 no matter how small. Some people used to make jokes that there were too many 3 metre cultivators on the mod hub. In my eyes these people deserve respect because they took the time to make something and got it through testing and put on the mod hub. I am sure its an amazing feeling as a new modder to have your very first mod post on the mod hub for million of people that can download your and use in the game. To all the modders respect to you all!!

The thing you should be asking yourself is what its so special about The Western Wilds for you. If your answer is nothing then choose another map to play. Everyone has their own feelings about such a map. To every player every map is a unique experience. Depending whether you like to play a map with fields and such that someone has created for you or a map with a landscape filled with trees that you need to clear in order to create your own fields and farm. To me you will keep pondering the question when the answer you seek is inside yourself!!
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

@ Decriptus

I understand your concerns. You are wondering why many of us like The Western Wilds map.
Well, you know, since FS19 Giants introduced the placeable system in the game, therefore the Farming Simulator went into "sandbox mode".
I respect all modders for their work, either they do maps, or placeables or equipment,etc. There are quite few tallented people out there who are making excellent maps. Their work is fantastic, but since Farming Simulator became a sandbox game then there is more need for sandbox maps and not for pre-built farm maps. Even with the pre-built maps, the modders are giving the option to the player to sell everything. So, back to square one.
We won't invent the wheel, we just have to face reality; Farming Simulator became sandbox game which giving to the player the ability to be creative. I won't be suprised if the next FS game (FS24 or FS25), will be 100% sandbox.
Those tallented mappers will still exists, but they will design completely sandbox maps, beautiful maps with mountains, with lakes etc, maps which would be truely pieces of arts, but they will leave everything else to the player.
In FS13 there was a milkman who was arriving with his truck to collect the milk, in FS22 we cannot have this feauture because we need the milk for our production factories. Things changed, and things will change. We just have to adopt the new era and move on.

Well, for one more time I think I shall make this statement: What I just wrote is my personal opinion and I never claim I am correct :lol:

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

I don’t like sandbox maps but I ain’t about to go on a rant about it. I downloaded it and had a go around but it’s still not for me. I actually think it’s a pretty awesome piece of work and full credit to AJ for it I was a fan of Nevada but never hit it off with NML and this but not to say I won’t try again in the future.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

JonOne wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:28 pm I don’t like sandbox maps but I ain’t about to go on a rant about it. I downloaded it and had a go around but it’s still not for me. I actually think it’s a pretty awesome piece of work and full credit to AJ for it I was a fan of Nevada but never hit it off with NML and this but not to say I won’t try again in the future.
Yeah I love Washoe, Nevada!! Also Sussex Farms and Mercury Farms!! Good Times!! 😀😀😀
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Thanks Alien Jim.. I'm having a blast on Western Wilds. you can do anything and everything you want on your map.... *thumbsup*
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4