Mow and bale at the same time

phixate

Mow and bale at the same time

Post by phixate »

In FS19 there was a triple Novacat setup that allowed you to put the mowers in front together and a baler in back. See the video below. I'm wondering if there is anything like it in FS22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RSc_s0Kfo
kahfs

Re: Mow and bale at the same time

Post by kahfs »

Grass needs to dry before baling. More for hay than for silage, but still. So it would not be a realistic operation and probably the reason you can't easily find such an arrangement.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Eische

Post by Eische »

Depends on where you live. In certain areas you can mow grass and bale it directly for silage.

But anyways. This is a game and not everyone is interested in playing it as realistic as possible.
If you are on PC, just check the various mod sites. I have seen the Novacat pack for FS22, but don't know if it works properly.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Eische wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:13 am Depends on where you live. In certain areas you can mow grass and bale it directly for silage.
Yup. Silage bales here are done with a mower, tedder, baler, wrapper, telehandler and trailer all in the same field at the same time. Obviously some turning up after the others, but they're all working in the same field together after the headlands have been cut.
anthu

Post by anthu »

phixate

Post by phixate »

anthu wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:33 pm Look here, for pc,:
https://ls22mod.com/novacat-301-x8-varia-v1-0-4-0-ls22/
Lg
Andreas
Thanks Andreas for the link. That's exactly what I was looking for. I haven't tried it out yet, but I will as soon as I finish this harvest. I need to make some money so I can afford to buy it. This will be a huge time saver. I am mowing for silage, so direct baling is desirable.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

kahfs wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:13 am Grass needs to dry before baling. More for hay than for silage, but still. So it would not be a realistic operation and probably the reason you can't easily find such an arrangement.
You dont dry grass for silage!! "It would not be a realistic operation". We are talking about a video game!!
raran

Post by raran »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:49 am
kahfs wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:13 am Grass needs to dry before baling. More for hay than for silage, but still. So it would not be a realistic operation and probably the reason you can't easily find such an arrangement.
You dont dry grass for silage!! "It would not be a realistic operation". We are talking about a video game!!
I guess he never saw Goham go nuts with mods. :lol:
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

raran wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:53 am
ScotsDude73 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:49 am
I guess he never saw Goham go nuts with mods. :lol:
I guess not!! 😀😀😀
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Watch at the 1:22 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAprnxsKkY Triple mower on front, rake and baler on the rear FTW!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Crashmac wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:20 pm Watch at the 1:22 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAprnxsKkY Triple mower on front, rake and baler on the rear FTW!
You'd never be able to do that with fresh grass though. Magnums groan even with just the big square balers here.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

this_is_gav wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:28 pm
Crashmac wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:20 pm Watch at the 1:22 minute mark.

You'd never be able to do that with fresh grass though. Magnums groan even with just the big square balers here.
Using a magnum is your first problem :biggrin2: You're right of course but if you can think it , someone on youtube has likely tried it.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

kahfs said it wasnt realistic. I was just quoting what he said obviously it can be done irl as you have shown by the video.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

phixate wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:59 am In FS19 there was a triple Novacat setup that allowed you to put the mowers in front together and a baler in back. See the video below. I'm wondering if there is anything like it in FS22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RSc_s0Kfo
I found a solution that I have just tested and it works. The Elho Duett 7300 is supposed to go the back of the tractor, but if you flip it around and put on the front it still cuts the grass driving forward. Only thing is it doesn't leave a single swath in the centre so you use a modded baler with a built in wind rower on the back while using the mower on the front and bale the grass that way and then wrap them after baling. If you had a tedder the same width as the mower you could mow and ted the grass into hay at the same time. Hope this helps.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

I guess I was not clear in my post. I was referring to real life. Fresh cut forage typically has a water content of above 75%. It is best dried down to 55 - 70% for silage (depending on the type of pit) and 14 - 18% for hay. Of course conditions vary in different parts of the world.

I know that this is a game. However, most mods are inspired by how farmers work in real life, thus it is a lot easier to find mods that closely mimic how most real-life farmers work. I was just trying to say that the request posted was a special one, and that it could be difficult to find such a mod.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)