New Free DLC Speculation - Gravity Wagons?

raran

Re: New Free DLC Speculation - Gravity Wagons?

Post by raran »

blue_painted wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:39 am
raran wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:16 am
lawm wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:32 pm Can someone enlighten us as to what motivation a modder has to want to get mods on the modhub? It's like there is just enough incentive to get them on but not enough for some to worry about console release.

Part 2 of inquiry. What's the ratio of console to PC players?
As far as i can tell the majority of the modders don't even bother with the modhub anymore, at least on the PC side. I mean, saturday we got a Luis Vuitton chainsaw. and the mods just keep flowing in in numbers te testers wouldn't even be able to handle.
The testing queue has come down from 1,300 just after launch to 370(ish) this week, but I can see that the long wait is frustrating.
Yes but mods get rejected for simple things while Giants pushes their mods with many errors in them. So yeah it's easy to see why modders don't take Giants serious.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:33 am
don_apple wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:40 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:37 pm Their is an easy way for the questions to stop and that would be to provide an answer.
In case this was meant for me:

please keep in mind that even though I'm a moderator I'm not a GIANTS employee. Therefore even if I wanted to I couldn't give an answer, since I don't have any insights whatsoever what kind of content GIANTS is planning to release in the future.

The comment wasn't aimed at you, it's for the "community " team who are their to interact with their customer base.
OK, thanks for the clarification. Would appreciate if you could make it clear in the future at whom such commeants are aimed at (for example you could have written instead "Their is an easy way for the questions to stop and that would be for the GIANTS community team to provide an answer.")
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
L2K Perma

Post by L2K Perma »

lawm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:24 am
10-4. I was just thinking that besides scripts or brands....why would a modder not want to have their mod tested for console?

Just had me thinking when don suggested reaching out to a modder to convert one to console.

Also agree Don's a good moderator from what I've seen. Not saying I always agree with some of his comments but he seems fair and that's fine in my book!
To add some additional information from what Illinois farmer said, American modders can get paid from giants a bit easier now as swift can be used (previously it was only done using iban) but there’s not exactly one reason over another. Some get annoyed by the testing and bouncing back and forth with giants while having to wait for a long time between tests, while others as Illinois farmer mentioned don’t necessarily own all the rights to every part that is in the mod and some of the ones that own those rights may no longer even be around in the community. Another thing being big on PC are simple edits to mods. I myself had quite a few edits of FS19 mods that I released on pc but never attempted to get on console besides one which I had function completely different (the sprayer support trailer I did was originally Smeby’s Lodeking flatbed).
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
lawm

Post by lawm »

Officially have cups half empty vibes about console mods lol
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

don_apple wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:04 am
norfolk farmer wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:33 am
don_apple wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:40 pm
In case this was meant for me:

please keep in mind that even though I'm a moderator I'm not a GIANTS employee. Therefore even if I wanted to I couldn't give an answer, since I don't have any insights whatsoever what kind of content GIANTS is planning to release in the future.

The comment wasn't aimed at you, it's for the "community " team who are their to interact with their customer base.
OK, thanks for the clarification. Would appreciate if you could make it clear in the future at whom such commeants are aimed at (for example you could have written instead "Their is an easy way for the questions to stop and that would be for the GIANTS community team to provide an answer.")
GIANTS community team, are we getting a gravity wagon in this upcoming DLC?

Did I do it right?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:09 pm are we getting a gravity wagon in this upcoming DLC?
It’s a DLC to bring AGI into the game. According to their website AGI make grain bins, augers and grain vacs but unfortunately for you, not gravity wagons.

You could always petition them to put some wheels on one of their grain bins?
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Mwal wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:16 am
Arnie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:17 am
You're a nice Moderator, don't worry.
He got off lucky. Most other people would have been raked over the coals for making the same request daily, or even once for that matter.
Hopefully they’re so nice they clean up some duplicate accounts
How about you stay on topic.

The way I see it, ched has options.
1. Get a PC to play the game. The way some people brag about the performance, it should run on a 486.
2. Wait patiently like the rest of the console community.
3. Keep opening threads, and asking daily, like the kid in the back seat of his parents car asking "are we there yet...are we there yet?".
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:48 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:09 pm are we getting a gravity wagon in this upcoming DLC?
It’s a DLC to bring AGI into the game. According to their website AGI make grain bins, augers and grain vacs but unfortunately for you, not gravity wagons.

I addressed my question to the Community team, hence the bold letters...

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Arnie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:05 pm
3. Keep opening threads, and asking daily, like the kid in the back seat of his parents car asking "are we there yet...are we there yet?".
There was only one thread at one time, that I bumped daily, more as a joke than anything else. But Giants decided to close the thread without even acklowledging the topic. So I figure they just don't care to communicate on their own forums anymore. I also read somewhere at one time from one of the devs, that they really only read the first posts most of the threads on here, so I figured the more posts, the more chance I'll get their attention. Everyone also has the chance to scroll past threads they don't need to read or dislike the topic. And to be fair, I have only made 4 threads and yet to get a response from Giants. So maybe be mad at them. Plus this was just a speculation thread about the new DLC that features some American style items. Nothing here has been off topic. And yes when I am in the back seat, a constantly ask, "are we there yet?" I can't help it my parents were both deaf.

DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:48 pm

False....the AGI DLC is similar to the PF DLC. Free and not part of the 4 paid DLC packs

Giants actually released a teaser video today that has strong speculation of Kubota coming to the game next Tuesday.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

DMZ Commander wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:11 pm
False....the AGI DLC is similar to the PF DLC. Free and not part of the 4 paid DLC packs

Giants actually released a teaser video today that has strong speculation of Kubota coming to the game next Tuesday.
You realise that the title of the thread is ‘New Free DLC speculation’ so is about the AGI dlc, not the one included in the season pass?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:57 pm
I know you did, I also didn’t try to answer the question. Just provided information of what the company make, and made a ‘fun’ suggestion. I was under the impression that your crusade was started as a bit of fun?
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:17 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:11 pm

You realise that the title of the thread is ‘New Free DLC speculation’ so is about the AGI dlc, not the one included in the season pass?
You're right....I got too excited towards the end with gravity wagon that I forgot what the first few words said
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Fabristunt

Post by Fabristunt »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:12 pm I ask one question about a gravity wagon, and you say it's annoying. That's not very nice. Especially from a Moderator. It hurts my feelings.
Grow up!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:19 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:57 pm
I know you did, I also didn’t try to answer the question. Just provided information of what the company make, and made a ‘fun’ suggestion. I was under the impression that your crusade was started as a bit of fun?
I used the word "hence". It was a "fun" response. I'm sorry. :)