Imagine having those graphics!

Burekcina

Re: Imagine having those graphics!

Post by Burekcina »

I believe the problem that many of us long term players get is the features always get dumbed down for some reason. I have no problem with the engine if that engine is optimised and works. The game is called a simulator but everytime you try to simulate something it has a glitch or a physics problem and it breaks the immersion. Like ipodule said...you can't load a trailer of logs without them jumping around and shaking uncontrollably. You can't reliably load a couple of pallets because you know one or more will glitch out. The game offers no challenge...if you have any experience with machinery in real life this "simulator" seems like a Androind arcade game. There is no feeling of weight or power... That is the problem...i know kids playing on consoles don't care about most of these glitches but some of us older players with proper sim rigs DO care and we wan't FS series to get better and more realistic if possible.

You have to look at these heated comments in a positive way...all we want is to make the game better...no one want's the development to stop or insult someone. But you get frustrated when the same problem is present in the sim for more than 3 iterations of the game.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:32 pm Nice to that the spam accounts of FS hating have got even more common… time to activate the foe list. :lol:
I already did. Toxic is toxic.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

robbyb2203 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:33 pm
raran wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:30 am But graphics smaphics, what we really need is a surface like Snowrunner.
Snowrunner physics and ground is exactly what we need,that would take this game on a whole different level
In my farming experience and opinion, that's a terrible idea. Now maybe where you live your ground is wet and muddy, but I'm not touching my fields with mud in them and destroying them.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Illinois Farmer

Burekcina wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:36 pm I believe the problem that many of us long term players get is the features always get dumbed down for some reason. I have no problem with the engine if that engine is optimised and works. The game is called a simulator but everytime you try to simulate something it has a glitch or a physics problem and it breaks the immersion. Like ipodule said...you can't load a trailer of logs without them jumping around and shaking uncontrollably. You can't reliably load a couple of pallets because you know one or more will glitch out. The game offers no challenge...if you have any experience with machinery in real life this "simulator" seems like a Androind arcade game. There is no feeling of weight or power... That is the problem...i know kids playing on consoles don't care about most of these glitches but some of us older players with proper sim rigs DO care and we wan't FS series to get better and more realistic if possible.

You have to look at these heated comments in a positive way...all we want is to make the game better...no one want's the development to stop or insult someone. But you get frustrated when the same problem is present in the sim for more than 3 iterations of the game.
You would lose a lot of people buying the game if you made it to complicated. I rather have some of the realism stuff as mods so people can choose how they want to play. I think GPS should be base game. I think the graphics are good and if you want your immersion like you are farming in Europe or America then go outside and do it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 pm
In my farming experience and opinion, that's a terrible idea. Now maybe where you live your ground is wet and muddy, but I'm not touching my fields with mud in them and destroying them.
Same, and we have wet heavy ground. We’ve mudded out a few harvests because of heavy snow in the forecast but usually if it’s really wet we wait for frost for the reason you stated, overall if the ground is too wet to hold up a machine with tracks you’re just dragging mud around and not actually doing anything productive. I like the way the ground is on 22 it looks like the way it should look when you’re planting, sinking in a bit but not making a mess of your seed bed.
Illinois Farmer

Yeah sometimes you have to do what you do but if you can help it, I'm not pushing the limits ha.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:35 pm Yeah sometimes you have to do what you do but if you can help it, I'm not pushing the limits ha.
Exactly, the snow runner thing comes up from time to time but even snow runner itself doesn’t make a lot of sense. If you’re gonna haul all that stuff through that area build a damn road
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

People be reading this like a company the size of Ubisoft are the devs. I’ve been at it since fe 15 and I’m still forking out dollars for these titles. It isn’t perfect but neither is anything and it’d be boring if we all had our every whim catered for and had the same tastes.

Why would you want 8k resolution on a tractor anyway it’s a tractor I don’t get it. Gran turismo literally had no weather, changing times of day or functional damage module until like 3 or 5 or not very many something years ago after about a bazillion game releases and making a bazillion dollars why do you want to pay to drive a tractor manufacturers sales catalog.

Historically most of the big caveats people wanted got mods (seasons, gps, real terrain) it seems a bit ott to ask the devs to cut out the modders and add themselves months of extra work when the modders been happy to do it for themselves and then share anyway. Has a more community feel than say an ea/madden job where they charge you $99 dollars every year with the promise they made Bill Belicheks sweat patches more hd with every release.

Go bother snow runners devs to make a farming game set in Siberia 😂

Edit: this is not aimed at Mwal/ Il farmer as above i skim read the earlier posts and back and forth with giants and got triggered I’m not replying to the last posts above.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
raran

Post by raran »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 pm
robbyb2203 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:33 pm
raran wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:30 am But graphics smaphics, what we really need is a surface like Snowrunner.
Snowrunner physics and ground is exactly what we need,that would take this game on a whole different level
We actually pump out great quantities of groundwater to give farmers just that where i live. And ofcourse you wouldn't go in the field, but that's basically the point i'm making.
SimulatedFarmer

A geographical aside: Here in Florida, USA, pumping out groundwater from limestone substrates can, and does, cause collapse in the limestone. Small to HUGE sinkholes can, with no warning, appear. Whole houses, and anything in and near them, people, animals, etc. have been lost. It means we are limited in the amount of water extraction we can safely endure. It happens every few years, even without groundwater pumping. Super expensive to mitigate.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

I'm not talking about our engine being superior to other engines and being better for other games. I'm purely referring to that our engine is better suited for Farming Simulator than others. Also the cost argument is not really an argument. Developing our own engine is not exactly cheap either.

Some of the features I was referring to:
-Dynamic and persistent foliage system
-Dynamic and persistent terrain changes
-Dynamic and persistent placing of material on the ground (used for tipping material on the ground, snow and bunker silos)
-Switching from anywhere to anywhere on the map with next to no delay
-Advanced vehicle physics with CVT simulation, with complicated articulation, proper integration with other physics objects, etc.
-Dynamic and persistent wood cutting
-Dynamic and persistent placing of buildings that properly interacts with vehicle navigation, audio reverb, etc.
-Advanced vehicle navigation with support for trailers, limited steering angles, various steering geometry, dynamically changing worlds, etc.
-Modding support (being able to freely release all the tools needed, support script mods that can even adjust most of the core gameplay logic, support on consoles, no huge bake times, modular and easily editable/readable file formats, ...)

And all of those features need to be supported in multiplayer too, so the required data that needs to be exchanged has to be as small as possible with smart delta updating, etc.
  • Switching from anywhere to anywhere on the map with next to no delay
    This one is map and engine specific. If you have an empty 50km X 50km map loaded in, there won't be a loading screen. But if you have a small city that has 500NPCs, traffic, dynamic weather/time at an area 2x2 and you're leaving your super detailed apartment, ofc it'll have to load.
    Even Kerbal Space Program made in Unity has "instant switch" depending on the distance.
  • Advanced vehicle navigation with support for trailers, limited steering angles, various steering geometry, dynamically changing worlds, etc.
    Haven't dabbled with AI navigation much. Perhaps this would be a good start as it works with large worlds and the voxel plugin I mentioned earlier
PS: Unreal Engine 5 is probably the worst engine to make Farming Sim on. Or any kind of somewhat dynamic game for now.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Gormett wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:13 pm PS: Unreal Engine 5 is probably the worst engine to make Farming Sim on. Or any kind of somewhat dynamic game for now.
So GIANTS engine is better? So what was the point of that entire list again?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
SimulatedFarmer

I think, yes. He is saying Giant’s engine is better for FS. has anyone who is upset here ever used the FS engine? Any engine? Reading about isn’t doing.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

foal wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:59 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:10 pm
Gormett wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:13 pm PS: Unreal Engine 5 is probably the worst engine to make Farming Sim on. Or any kind of somewhat dynamic game for now.
He's saying UE5 isn't suitable for FS, because it has some way to go.
All the links were for UE4, which could seriously benefit them and us.

Should check the links to see what you're missing.
Missed them being for 4 not 5
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:10 pm
The point is that every feature that has been listed be Stegei as "Only Giants engine has it" has been done in UE4.
The PS is a response to some comments claiming that UE5 is a good engine for a game with dynamic systems.

UE5 =/= UE4

Edit: Should've read the responses, sorry for the ping