Imagine having those graphics!

Arnie

Re: Imagine having those graphics!

Post by Arnie »

Dezza69 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:25 pm If I no longer played a game I’d not be continuing to troll through its forum to tell everyone.

I’d be too busy playing the new gane with the fancy graphics...
I tried using that argument with the folks that like to criticize the criticizers, suggesting if the game is so perfect, what are they doing on the forums when they could be playing. Doesn't work.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Arnie wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:30 pm
I tried using that argument with the folks that like to criticize the criticizers, suggesting if the game is so perfect, what are they doing on the forums when they could be playing. Doesn't work.
... it’s a farming game. I forum whilst watching the crops grow ...
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

Dezza69 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:25 pm If I no longer played a game I’d not be continuing to troll through its forum to tell everyone.

... I’d be too busy playing the new game with the fancy graphics...

(Edit: changed “it’s” to “its” and “gane” to “game”, also added some “...” ... :lol: :lol: )
Since you don't own this forum then whether or not I post here is none of your concern and what you're doing is trolling.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

What I did was say how I would behave, that’s not trolling.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

There is a huge difference between a game that is just happening within a small linear portion of a mostly static world and a game with a fully explorable, dynamically changing and persistent world.
Also I'm not really a fan of the very noise reflections in that video. It mostly is hidden quite a lot due to the heavy motion blur, but that would look really awful with no motion blur as you would expect in Farming Simulator.

Some other engines such as UE5 do have some amazing features, but many of those are not usable for Farming Simulator. If you would have to limit the engine features to what is compatible with the current features in Farming Simulator in terms of gameplay and modding capabilities, you would end up with something that is not that far away from what GIANTS Engine provides. And of course you would still be missing the many features of GIANTS Engine that UE5 is missing now. That of course doesn't mean that we think that the current engine is perfect and thus we are constantly making improvements to get closer to the results you can achieve with the simplified assumptions made in other games.
Orange Tiger NL

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

Stegei wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:28 pm There is a huge difference between a game that is just happening within a small linear portion of a mostly static world and a game with a fully explorable, dynamically changing and persistent world.
Also I'm not really a fan of the very noise reflections in that video. It mostly is hidden quite a lot due to the heavy motion blur, but that would look really awful with no motion blur as you would expect in Farming Simulator.

Some other engines such as UE5 do have some amazing features, but many of those are not usable for Farming Simulator. If you would have to limit the engine features to what is compatible with the current features in Farming Simulator in terms of gameplay and modding capabilities, you would end up with something that is not that far away from what GIANTS Engine provides. And of course you would still be missing the many features of GIANTS Engine that UE5 is missing now. That of course doesn't mean that we think that the current engine is perfect and thus we are constantly making improvements to get closer to the results you can achieve with the simplified assumptions made in other games.
Ah you still are on the forum! I did sent you a PM last week, and did tag you on this forum, cuz you said you were busy working on getting 8gb instead of 4gb on modspace. Haven't got a reply, so thought you didn't read forum anymore. But here you are, any news on this?

I know it's offtopic, but im trying for weeks to get an update about this, as it's 6months ago you were working on it. Just wondering......
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

Stegei wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:28 pm Some other engines such as UE5 do have some amazing features, but many of those are not usable for Farming Simulator. If you would have to limit the engine features to what is compatible with the current features in Farming Simulator in terms of gameplay and modding capabilities, you would end up with something that is not that far away from what GIANTS Engine provides. And of course you would still be missing the many features of GIANTS Engine that UE5 is missing now. That of course doesn't mean that we think that the current engine is perfect and thus we are constantly making improvements to get closer to the results you can achieve with the simplified assumptions made in other games.
The only possible response to this is LOL! Your game engine barely works at running your own game so I'm not sure what you speak of when you mention "features". You use your own engine so you don't have to pay to use somebody else's engine. Props to you though for at least coming to this forum and making a post... at least you managed to do that.
punchi

Post by punchi »

I wonder why you'll get less and less answers from Giants.
You get a proper detailed answer on how it is, and just because you dont like it, you rant about it.

Guess what, 1+1 will always be 2. Even if you want it to be 3 *thumbsup*
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

I would be very interested to see how my map would look in UE5 though. I did a tech test earlier, and all my assets (roads, buildings, heightmap..) is literally plug-and-play. :mrgreen:
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

punchi wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:58 pm I wonder why you'll get less and less answers from Giants.
You get a proper detailed answer on how it is, and just because you dont like it, you rant about it.

Guess what, 1+1 will always be 2. Even if you want it to be 3 *thumbsup*
L........O.........L
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Maybe now have further clarity why the devs are possibly reluctant to respond on the forum.

... getting cornered and all that.

Edit: where do I play all the complex non-singularly activity focused games the experts commenting on this forum have released, especially using the UE engine???
theMavric

Post by theMavric »

Goes with every simulator community. Even a lot of people playing the newest Flight Simulator complaining about wanting more realism. Like really?

And why should the developers have to justify themselves to a community where 99% of the user base has zero technical understanding of what’s required to make software like this? If you think you can make it better, give them your resume lol
Missouri-born, Tennessee-raised, Texas-lost
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

theMavric wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:40 am
And why should the developers have to justify themselves to a community where 99% of the user base has zero technical understanding of what’s required to make software like this? If you think you can make it better, give them your resume lol
Judging by the state of this game the developers are probably among those that don't know how to develop a game. They have to "justify" themselves to us because we are the ones paying for it, that's how this works.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

ipodule wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:10 am
They have to "justify" themselves to us because we are the ones paying for it, that's how this works.
So you bought something you don’t like and now the company that made it has to justify to you why they made it the way they did?

What an odd logic. Company makes a product they wanted to make, the way they wanted to make it. If you like it, you buy it. If you don’t like it, you don’t. That’s how it works.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Im sick of people who think FS consists of harvesting…and that’s it. Every release becomes a bigger puzzle to solve and almost infinitely customizable. Take that, my beloved nephews. It’s funny they refuse to try it to see for themselves. 👻