Imagine having those graphics!

Orange Tiger NL

Imagine having those graphics!

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

Imagine having these graphics in Farming Simulator :shock: :shock: :shock:

Edit don_apple: fixed link to youtube video.
Moot

Re: Imagine having those graphics!

Post by Moot »

Good grief! Imagine cultivating in HD
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

You'd also have to imagine their engine wasn't a decade behind everyone else.
Would be awesome though.
raran

Post by raran »

Moot wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:31 am Good grief! Imagine cultivating in HD
With 3m it would be just as tedious as it is now. :lol:
raran

Post by raran »

But graphics smaphics, what we really need is a surface like Snowrunner.
punchi

Post by punchi »

All those games have one thing in common, all they bring is graphics and nothing else :D
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

punchi wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:23 am All those games have one thing in common, all they bring is graphics and nothing else :D
Don't say that ... you'll spoil their fun! :biggrin2:
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Arnie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:05 am You'd also have to imagine their engine wasn't a decade behind everyone else.
Would be awesome though.
Exactly! ... And every car/bike-racing simulator I’ve ever played has a complex multi-vehicular and growth physics system which allows you to load the car/bike onto the trailer, then drive the transporter to the track, unload the spares using a forklift and track the growth of basically every “living” object on the map...

:lol:

... Happy Farming!!!
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Arnie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:05 am You'd also have to imagine their engine wasn't a decade behind everyone else.
Would be awesome though.
Well it is. It uses Unreal Engine 4, which itself is 10 years old, eight years if you're going from public release.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Dezza69 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:49 pm
Would be awesome though.
Exactly! ... And every car/bike-racing simulator I’ve ever played has a complex multi-vehicular and growth physics system which allows you to load the car/bike onto the trailer, then drive the transporter to the track, unload the spares using a forklift and track the growth of basically every “living” object on the map...

:lol:

... Happy Farming!!!
I doubt there are many racing simulator fans that wish for the ability to grow crops or transport harvesters.
I'll bet there are many farming simulator fans that would like graphics as depicted in the video.
Implying you can't have a farming simulator with graphics like that is only true because the game engine is a decade behind everyone else, and the improvements are slow to come.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:13 am
Would be awesome though.
Well it is. It uses Unreal Engine 4, which itself is 10 years old, eight years if you're going from public release.
hmmm, if it isn't the years, then are you hinting at skill?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Arnie wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:29 am hmmm, if it isn't the years, then are you hinting at skill?
No, just that there's more to a game than graphics.

I think we're all (and always will be) of the opinion that FS could look better than it does, but most of the appeal of FS is that it's a game which can be improved by modders.

Give us a game based on UE5 with completely state of the art graphics and I'd bet most self-respecting modders (or mappers anyway) would be put off as, with all due respect, they wouldn't be able to keep up.

We're a demanding lot wanting X and Y, but I'd caution that if we're not careful we could be the architects of our own downfall - FS needs to remain 'safe' enough for modders (the core which got the genre where it is) while trying to appeal to new players. It's quite a delicate balancing act, as lose either of them and you'll be at serious risk of closing shop - and where would we be then?
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

I totally agree with you gav. I'll take functionality over graphics any day. I played ET when it was a hot cartridge, before it was a hot mess.
I was also agreeing with the OP that it would be nice to have those graphics, but it isn't likely possible with their current tools.
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:49 am
Arnie wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:29 am hmmm, if it isn't the years, then are you hinting at skill?
Give us a game based on UE5 with completely state of the art graphics and I'd bet most self-respecting modders (or mappers anyway) would be put off as, with all due respect, they wouldn't be able to keep up.
They would be able to keep up if the tools were there to help them keep up. Building environments in UE5 is not hard to do as there are a myriad of terraforming abilities and environment tools to help you achieving stunning results. I no longer play FS because it's painful to even look at it anymore and the more time that passes the more players will walk away mods or no mods.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

If I no longer played a game I’d not be continuing to troll through its forum to tell everyone.

... I’d be too busy playing the new game with the fancy graphics...

(Edit: changed “it’s” to “its” and “gane” to “game”, also added some “...” ... :lol: :lol: )