Serious question about growth.

chedly_farms

Serious question about growth.

Post by chedly_farms »

Is there a setting or something that makes growth stages like they used to be in 19. Or is growth only be seasons now? All information is useful at this point. So, fire away!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Rasping rabbit

Re: Serious question about growth.

Post by Rasping rabbit »

There is no ‘fast grow’ option anymore. If you have seasonal growth on you have to plant in accordance with the calendar, if you turn it off you can plant when you want. Crops still take the same amount of time to grow regardless.

The benefit of turning off seasonal growth is you can plant when you want and more often, so for example I believe oats have a 4 month growth time so you could get 3 crops per year instead of the 1 that you would have with seasonal growth on.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Thats what annoys casual players. To me its not a big deal, but for casual players its a nightmare. There should be a setting for when you have the crop calendar disabled which allows to you plant crops anytime there should be a setting that you can set to Fast, Normal or Slow growth speed like in previous games. Another thing I would like to see more of is custom crop calendars on modded maps. Using Geo mods in 19 were great. Obviously you had to have Seasons running in 19 for that.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

It's a work around but all you need to do is sleep until the crops are ready
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

In the lead up too release it was said seasonal play was optional, when it comes to crop growth it was somewhat of a misleading statement.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Decriptus wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:46 pm It's a work around but all you need to do is sleep until the crops are ready
that only really works now if you have it set to 1 day as it seems anymore then 1 day you only sleep till the next day now not like it was at first were say have it set to 9 days and you would sleep for 3 at a time.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

For PC players, there is the Grow Now mod. I don't have personal experience, so I can't vouch for it one way or the other.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022
lawm

Post by lawm »

I actually enjoy the new setup lol. But you do wierd things when your sitting in the cold....on thin ice