SERIOUSLY need landscaping help!

iansbestnana

SERIOUSLY need landscaping help!

Post by iansbestnana »

I need someone who is a landscape expert to help me with field 56/57. I want to place multiple greenhouses there, but in trying to level the field, I have made a real mess of it. There is now a cliff between the two fields and I need somebody who can make it all a flat field. The more I try to work with it, the more I wreck it up! I think I have set up a private multiplayer game. Most of the ground is flat, and ready for me to pave it and place the greenhouses. The edge of the field is the issue. I don't understand SLOPE at all. I am playing on a MAC computer. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.
Mwal

Re: SERIOUSLY need landscaping help!

Post by Mwal »

Use the smooth tool, turn the intensity all the way up, increase the size to the maximum, and then slowly work back and forth over the area until it’s a more natural transition. In the future it’s best to flatten the area to the level you want the placeable at before placing it. Placeables match the highest point they’re placed on so it can cause trouble without pre grading the area. The slope tool is new and I wouldn’t recommend it unless your building a road. Best I can tell it’s meant to make a gradual path between elevations by selecting two points.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Thanks. Live and learn
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

I did level the area so that I could pave for my greenhouses. I'll work with the smooth tool and see if I can make any progress, Thanks.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

foal wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:04 am You should practice on a file you don't care about before attempting anything on your play map. Also saving every 2 seconds will help you recover.
It's only the second iteration of the landscaping tool, so you need to give it at least 8 more, maybe FS30.
Someone thinks they're pretty clever and I mean no disrespect to you when I say that. 30 minus 22 is indeed 8, but Farming Simulator doesnt come out every year. Every 2 years was the regular life cycle, but 19 to 22 was 3 years so even if they stick to even numbers excuse the pun and release it every 2 years. It would be 4 more game iterations not 8 if they were to reach FS30. Then again it could be FS25, FS28, FS31... We just dont know what is going to happen in the future of the game. Some people on here have commented that they would prefer a new version of the game every 3 years instead of of every 2 years giving Giants an extra year. To me the extra year in development time for 22 made a significant difference in the game.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

Thank you to MWAL!! I was able to use the smooth tool to make the ground look better. It won't be featured in Better Homes and Gardens, but it serves my purposes! What used to be sharp cliffs and drop-offs are now undulating hills. Much better. Thanks again.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Your welcome, I’m glad it worked out for you. I personally prefer the new landscaping tool once you get the hang of it makes a much more natural landscape than 19.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

What I really know about this game can fit on the head of a pin!! I have discovered that, at least for me, using courseplay is best achieved by doing only one field at a time. Better than nothing, though! I just wish there was some way to keep the camera centered at all times. I drive myself nuts keeping it centered while maneuvering equipment.
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

No harm, no foul, no insult. We take ourselves too seriously! There's always room for improvement. Thanks for your input.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

I was only correcting him in a humourous way!! Nobody is perfect!!
iansbestnana

Post by iansbestnana »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:10 am I was only correcting him in a humourous way!! Nobody is perfect!!
You got that right! I just "spent" hundreds of thousands of $$ on 4 planters for Sunflower seeds, bought and filled the seeds, bought and filled the fertilizer........and then I realized that I bought the wrong seeders! I wanted cultivator/seeders. Had to sell it all back and get the right equipment. Live and learn!! (if there's a right way and a wrong way, I'll do it wrong first!)