What do you do in your game while you're...?

Paco_86

What do you do in your game while you're...?

Post by Paco_86 »

Hey! Well, today I'd like to ask: what do you do while ploughing, or seeding, for example?. Do you get a helper or you do it yourself? Do you listen some music, the radio, or something?
I usually listen music from youtube, or put a helper. Sometimes I do it for myself and listen the sound, but is very boring hahaaha.
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
Mwal

Re: What do you do in your game while you're...?

Post by Mwal »

Usually I do it myself but as my farm grows I allow so many helpers. As for what I do just like real life, podcasts or music occasionally talk radio or sports talk radio. It’s a great time to listen to the farm sim podcast. With the helpers I mimic real life just a couple at a time I’m planting someone’s tilling ahead of me and behind me packing beans or hauling fertilizer.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

It's both for me. I use courseplay and autodrive. But I do it myself as often as I use helpers. But when it's plowing I always do it myself 😁 I know it's tedious but it's kind of therapeutic actually 😅
lawm

Post by lawm »

How many hrs do you guys play during a session? I always feel rushed when I can play, trying to get as much done in an hr or 2 as I can. Therefore i use way more helpers than i would prefer.

At least with auto drive I dont have to waste as much time on setting up large jobs across the map
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Depends on the map. Square fields I hire a worker and naturally shaped field I do myself. I find the latter so much more rewarding knowing I done all the work myself. There is the saving of not paying someone else when you are doing the work yourself. I find it very relaxing!!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

lawm wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:11 pm How many hrs do you guys play during a session? I always feel rushed when I can play, trying to get as much done in an hr or 2 as I can. Therefore i use way more helpers than i would prefer.

At least with auto drive I dont have to waste as much time on setting up large jobs across the map
In the winter when work is slow I can easily put in four hours, the rest of the year usually a half hour to 2 hours once or twice a week with the occasional marathon session if we’re rained out. I use to be like that but I really found I enjoy the game if I just take it slow. I play on 1x speed a lot and I might bale a half a field one night then finish and gather the bales another. Sometimes on my big save on can farm I would have ten hours of real life time to harvest all my corn spread out over a month of random sessions. It’s pretty chill and it makes the game last a long time and has me always itching to play. I played the same map for the entirety of 19 once seasons dropped on pc June of 19’ until a month ago. Played one and a half play throughs of it and it never got old.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Mwal wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:53 pm

In the winter when work is slow I can easily put in four hours, the rest of the year usually a half hour to 2 hours once or twice a week with the occasional marathon session if we’re rained out. I use to be like that but I really found I enjoy the game if I just take it slow. I play on 1x speed a lot and I might bale a half a field one night then finish and gather the bales another. Sometimes on my big save on can farm I would have ten hours of real life time to harvest all my corn spread out over a month of random sessions. It’s pretty chill and it makes the game last a long time and has me always itching to play. I played the same map for the entirety of 19 once seasons dropped on pc June of 19’ until a month ago. Played one and a half play throughs of it and it never got old.
Yea I been trying to take it slower and do more stuff myself. I restarted Elmcreek since Matt26s 2100 dropped and Julian Moddings 86 series. Built a nice farm and more land than I had previously. I wasted a lot of money in learning 22 my first save lol. I found myself doing tasks that I despised now that we have some more realistic US mods. Goosenecks and step deck trailers help with wanting to load hay bales etc.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

lawm wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:31 pm I found myself doing tasks that I despised now that we have some more realistic US mods. Goosenecks and step deck trailers help with wanting to load hay bales etc.
Couldn’t agree more
lawm

Post by lawm »

Mwal wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:32 pm
lawm wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:31 pm I found myself doing tasks that I despised now that we have some more realistic US mods. Goosenecks and step deck trailers help with wanting to load hay bales etc.
Couldn’t agree more
Mwal, do you perform most tasks on FS in first person?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

lawm wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:33 am
No, I’m a third person player I would say 95% of the time, there’s something that I’ve never cared for with the way your peripherals just kinda cut off, I don’t really know how to explain it other than feeling like you have tunnel vision or blinders on. My heads on a swivel all day long and it just doesn’t translate right to most first person driving games.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Mwal wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:38 am
lawm wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:33 am
No, I’m a third person player I would say 95% of the time, there’s something that I’ve never cared for with the way your peripherals just kinda cut off, I don’t really know how to explain it other than feeling like you have tunnel vision or blinders on. My heads on a swivel all day long and it just doesn’t translate right to most first person driving games.
Ah ok. I was just curious. Normally I'm not either, at least starting out on games until I'm comfortable. For some reason I tried harvesting a wheat field last night and I put it on first person and was able to do it all myself. Normally I have helpers harvest while I run a chaser wagon and unload at silo. I know what you mean with the vision being off but I'm not sure because of the challenge or what, it was very satisfying taking my time and trying not to miss stuff or go in straight lines. I'll see what happens trying to do groundwork with the implement behind a tractor, that may not be as fun. Hoping I can do more first person and keep my playing time on slow and drawn out doing tasks myself as opposed to having 4 helpers on each task
NewHollandLegend

Post by NewHollandLegend »

I always find myself starting over on maps. Usually forget to save progress during landscaping and placing building making it very frustrating. The most I have on a map on FS22 is 30 hours on Calmsden. Should play the base game maps more. Not having a lot of alone time hurts me in terms of sticking to one map. I like to do tasks manually 😊
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I set my farmer to auto drive then I come here to the forum to post that John Deere *censored* get my popcorn and wait for the backlash :D
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I listen to Fredrick Knudsen, lemino, barely sociabe, Nexpo and scaretheater
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x