Equipment and production descriptions? Please?

phixate

Equipment and production descriptions? Please?

Post by phixate »

Can I make a request for Giants to put more information in the product and construction descriptions? It sure would be nice to know if the mower or harvester you're buying has a swath feature or extendable arms, for example, or what it takes to product cakes in game. As it stands you have to either just take a leap and try things without any information or look it up online and hope someone else has done that work for you. It's a glaring oversight that makes this game incredibly frustrating, especially when you are supposed to be role-playing the job of a "farm manager." As a production manager in real life I never make decisions in my supply or production chain without first knowing all the information I can. Informed decision making is paramount to efficient business models.

Anyone else find this a huge limiting factor of the game? Or am I missing something obvious?
this_is_gav

Re: Equipment and production descriptions? Please?

Post by this_is_gav »

You're absolutely right. Some tooltips and additional info here and there would go a long way, especially for newer players.

FS22 has actually goes the other way, as in previous games there used to be a jigsaw logo of what would be a suitable compliment (eg which header goes with which harvester, or which drill could be added to a power harrow or subsoiler). Unless they've moved I can't remember them being in FS22.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yes having a second save to figure things out in 22 is a must unfortunately. I would add as an actual farmer who has experience with in game equipment I get caught up from the other side of things. There’s equipment that doesn’t do what I expect it to based off what I would use it for in real life and more info would help with that as well.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

this_is_gav wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:33 pm You're absolutely right. Some tooltips and additional info here and there would go a long way, especially for newer players.

FS22 has actually goes the other way, as in previous games there used to be a jigsaw logo of what would be a suitable compliment (eg which header goes with which harvester, or which drill could be added to a power harrow or subsoiler). Unless they've moved I can't remember them being in FS22.
On combines there is an option to show compatible items, it shows on the bottom of the screen in the store. I’m not sure it has the option on everything in the store though, although I have seen it on a few things
phixate

Post by phixate »

Yes, I have seen the combinations button, and that is certainly nice, but what I'm talking about is a features list for every product. Marketing, basically. Why choose this product over another? I spent a long time mowing my gigantic field with the Crossflow, for example, and although it is nice that it swaths (you would never know that before buying it and exploring the controls) I really wanted to be able to mow, swath and bale at the same time. I had to research it online to find something, and as it turns out there actually is one, but you would never know unless you went digging in forums and watching YouTube videos, reading the comments sections, etc. If I went to a real store I would at least be able to get this kind of info.

Also, I found a production flow diagram someone made to illustrate what goes into what products, but it sure would be nice to not leave the game to learn this information. As it stands, yep, like Mwal said, you pretty much have to keep a second save for experimenting so you can figure this game out. That's a symptom of bad design. As popular as this game is I feel Giants could put a little more effort in to this part of the game.

That's my rant. To be clear, I really enjoy this game, complaints aside.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

foal

Ah, now it is clear.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads