Game suggestion - Campaigns/Missions

technicalsmatt

Game suggestion - Campaigns/Missions

Post by technicalsmatt »

Hello, sorry if this is the wrong subforum as I didn't see one for suggestions. I only made this account to offer my suggestion in hopes Giants will consider for future incarnations of FS

I would greatly like to see a campaign mode or the ability for modders to create maps with concrete parameters/challenges to tackle.

I have enjoyed playing FS22 greatly over the last few months but find that any time I start a new game, I immediately begin chasing the most profitable production chains and largely ignore everything else.

Having a concrete challenge / campaign I feel would appeal to a large segment of gamers whom are goal/task oriented.
Campaign missions could include things like reaching a certain bank balance, a certain amount of a specific crop, completing things in a certain amount of time, or deliver a certain amount of refined items (cereal, cakes, etc)

That's all I came to offer. I enjoy the game thoroughly and hope you will consider this game mode in the future.
Dezza69

Re: Game suggestion - Campaigns/Missions

Post by Dezza69 »

As a suggestion - perhaps try doing something else and not chasing the most profitable production chain when you start a new game??

Or, you could start a new game with the goal of reaching a certain bank balance cropping a specific crop??

Or, for example, just farm renewable energy?

Happy farming
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Should add a story mode???
technicalsmatt

Post by technicalsmatt »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:39 pm As a suggestion - perhaps try doing something else and not chasing the most profitable production chain when you start a new game??

Or, you could start a new game with the goal of reaching a certain bank balance cropping a specific crop??

Or, for example, just farm renewable energy?

Happy farming
Thanks I understand this but my brain just does not operate this way. What's the point in doing something if a more profitable or efficient way exists (this is how I think about it anyway). A campaign, story mode, or mission-based system would confine me to completing a task within a certain set of parameters. I'm not saying to eliminate or change the core gameplay, but simply offer this mode to those who want it or allow modders to create levels with locked parameters. Thank you
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

... 🤔

Wax on, wax off.

:lol: :lol:

Happy farming!!!! 😁
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

technicalsmatt wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:06 pm
any time I start a new game, I immediately begin chasing the most profitable production chains and largely ignore everything else.
Well, you know, the game is Farming Simulator, not Farming Tycoon :biggrin2:
Why don't you try to have variety of crops and productions?
Of course, is up to you to decide, but to asking for a campain mode just because you have a specific way of playing, guess what, this will not happend :lol:

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

technicalsmatt wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:03 am
Thanks I understand this but my brain just does not operate this way
No comment :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Try this mod, and take on some of those contracts
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

technicalsmatt wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:03 am What's the point in doing something if a more profitable or efficient way exists (this is how I think about it anyway). A campaign, story mode, or mission-based system would confine me to completing a task within a certain set of parameters
Why would you bother doing the story mode or campaign if a more profitable or more efficient way existed to do something? I think that would just be frustrating having to follow certain parameters knowing I could do it easier a different way.

Set yourself some goals. Aim to have a self sufficient farm with a few hundred pigs or cows for example. Or limit what size is machinery you could used etc. there are plenty of possibilities.

And about your idea appealing to a large player base, I don’t think it would. I’ve been hanging around these forums for around 5 years and have seen this suggested less than half a dozen times, usually with little support for it. Sorry 😞
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

For me no thanks, the game is blank canvas gameplay wise to do with as the player wishes.
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

Sadly, there is not a career mode in FS. But for me, I like that it is open for whatever you want to do.

But IMHO, what would be a nice feature would be an online contract market. A community market where players could post requests for goods or crops. Other players could then supply a request and be paid for it or trade goods in place of payment. Basically, an online contract board.

Player A requests 50,000 l of a crop with a reasonable time limit to do so. Posted on the contract board. Player B accepts contract and delivers crop in time limit for payment. Of course, other aspects could be added, like bidding on contracts, failure payments if a player fails to supply in time, bonus for faster delivery, seller/buyer rep, league table etc.

If I'm working on a production line, but missing enough sugar, I could post a contract request and within the time limit, get the sugar I needed and actually pay to the other players bank account.

This would expand missions to a new level of community missions. GIANTS, hope you're listening. :biggrin2:
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
Corsa77

Post by Corsa77 »

I like progression and there's all sorts of ways to slow the game down or provide ways to progress.
A few poor examples could be..

Instead of a farmer level, a farmer could be classified by years. Yes this could include higher end equipment being locked behind a years requirement. For example you can't purchase that Fendt Vario until year 5 of your farm. Perhaps Acreage/Farm size limitations attached to year experience level. Also consider helpers, no helpers year one? Better help costs more? How about a wife or husband? Would be pretty unique to see your AI "wife" out there working a field with you at the start.
Equipment failures, emergency repairs.
Bank limitations on loans, year 1 you may access 100K, year 2 200K...
Introduction of an online used equipment store or auction house (Forza) May I place a bid on your tractor? Yes please. Same could apply to animals or entire farms you've built.
Sell points could require grain testing as in real life.

Oh, and while I'm throwing this impossible coding feat out there let's talk about drones. Giants, we need an official drone to fly around and check fields.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m sorry but there’s such a long way to go with game features, equipment function and variety, and ai features the last thing I want is a story mode. Not to mention farm sim has always been about making your own story or your own style of play through, the idea of a linear story that “locks” equipment seems awful to me. Maybe as a separate mode but again I would much rather see things like a reworked animal and animal pen system or proper productions that allow me to make farm products like drying down corn.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I don’t understand why people that want rules and limitations to the game don’t just write a list at the start of their game and stick to it. Seems like a waste of developers time to me.

I like the drone idea though.
NewHollandLegend

Post by NewHollandLegend »

The developers have a lot bigger problems than creating a storyline. I don’t think they could pull it off however I do love the idea. Maybe something they can add in with the tutorial making it a bit more challenging. I am surprised that a story mode hasn’t been implemented into the game at the same time at this point….Happy Farming ✅