So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

iwan073

Re: So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

Post by iwan073 »

I'm happy with this DLC. Much more than the first one.

I don't think there's much more out there that would blow me away. Not Giants' fault, they pretty much gave us all there is.
I'm really wondering what they will come up with next, trying to make us happy.

Although, some will never be happy.
Ignorance is bliss
Orange Tiger NL

Re: So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

I just noticed the following on the Kubota DLC page:

Version 1.6 or higher? So when is 1.5 coming then?
As i believe 1.6 is coming with the release of this DLC.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

AGI pack is the current operating theory
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It was confirmed in the podcast that 1.5 is agi
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

From what I've seen so far, the free DLC has been better than the paid DLC. The paid DLC seems to add more of what's already in the game whereas the free DLC has actually added new content.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

jeremyj621 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:09 am From what I've seen so far, the free DLC has been better than the paid DLC. The paid DLC seems to add more of what's already in the game whereas the free DLC has actually added new content.
Dont we have flat bottom grain silos and augers/conveyors in game already???

A silo is a silo and auger/conveyor is an auger/conveyor. Silo store crops and auger/conveyor either puts crops in or takes crops out. Some realists are going to call me out and say I am wrong and the are not all like that irl. We are taking about a video game here. Any silo has the same function to hold crops. Oh there is a building you can dump crops in. You can dump crops on the ground in any building as long as you own the land.

Its nice, but its hardly game changing. Same with Kubota. More of the same. Dlc 3 will be more of the same as well and 4. Maybe with the map in the Platinum dlc we might get a new crop type if we are lucky.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:38 am
Dont we have flat bottom grain silos and augers/conveyors in game already???

A silo is a silo and auger/conveyor is an auger/conveyor. Silo store crops and auger/conveyor either puts crops in or takes crops out. Some realists are going to call me out and say I am wrong and the are not all like that irl. We are taking about a video game here. Any silo has the same function to hold crops. Oh there is a building you can dump crops in. You can dump crops on the ground in any building as long as you own the land.

Its nice, but its hardly game changing. Same with Kubota. More of the same. Dlc 3 will be more of the same as well and 4. Maybe with the map in the Platinum dlc we might get a new crop type if we are lucky.
What would you like them to add? It is a game about farm equipment, they can’t really add a battle royal or a strip club or something
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

So whats the so called new content if its more of what we have??? That was the whole point to my question. Instead you post a response to try to be a smart Alec when I am merely stating the fact that its more of the same and yet you do the same and try to make me look stupid!! jeremyj621 said they added new content with AGI. Isnt Kubota new content, but its equipment we already have in game. AGI is no different. Its all new content, but we already have similar equipment.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Orange Tiger NL wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:11 pm I just noticed the following on the Kubota DLC page:

Version 1.6 or higher? So when is 1.5 coming then?
As i believe 1.6 is coming with the release of this DLC.
To my understanding update 1.5 will come with the AGI free dlc.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:48 pm So whats the so called new content if its more of what we have??? That was the whole point to my question. Instead you post a response to try to be a smart Alec when I am merely stating the fact that its more of the same and yet you do the same and try to make me look stupid!! jeremyj621 said they added new content with AGI. Isnt Kubota new content, but its equipment we already have in game. AGI is no different. Its all new content, but we already have similar equipment.
Well actually an auger is different than a conveyor, but since they both transport grain and don't want to bring real life in to the discussion, then what's the point explaining things to you when you don't want to look at that information. Guess there has nothing they could every add. Some people want Kubota because they have that equipment irl and want that represented, but once again you don't want reL life brought in to a simulator game that simulates real life activities. Once again what do you want brought into the game?
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Mon May 23, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

So basically mods and DLC for vehicles/machines and items are worthless since we already have stuff which is functionally the same in game?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

jeremyj621 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:09 am From what I've seen so far, the free DLC has been better than the paid DLC. The paid DLC seems to add more of what's already in the game whereas the free DLC has actually added new content.
When I refer to free DLC, I'm also referring to the free mods GIANTS has posted to the modhub and the new content added for free via updates such as the Case IH Stieger tractor. That wasn't in the game when initially released but added back in for free as an update rather than a paid DLC.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:34 pm So basically mods and DLC for vehicles/machines and items are worthless since we already have stuff which is functionally the same in game?
Basically yes. Another brand in game is nothing big...and this DLC was supposed to impress the players? At least that was the marketing for it if i remember correctly.

Another thing is hiding a feature that we had already done by modders behind a paywall? Is that really the way you want the FS franchise to develop in the future? What if Antonio Carraro DLC came with some features that american players would like to have...does that seem fair?

There are so many things that need to be improved and fixed with the engine and game itself....making a bunch of mediocre tractors is nothing to be proud of or impressed by for a company like Giants Software.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Except you bring in a new brand like they did in 19 with John deere and claas that a lot of players have expressed interest in. If you don't like it, fine they will be other dlc or don't buy it. I haven't liked just about any dlc so I pick and choose what I want and I don't ridicule the others.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:48 pm So whats the so called new content if its more of what we have??? That was the whole point to my question. Instead you post a response to try to be a smart Alec when I am merely stating the fact that its more of the same and yet you do the same and try to make me look stupid!! jeremyj621 said they added new content with AGI. Isnt Kubota new content, but its equipment we already have in game. AGI is no different. Its all new content, but we already have similar equipment.
No I’m actually asking you what would you prefer they add, they are adding new content, in the forms of brands we don’t currently have. I promise a tractor isn’t just a tractor to people who use them and many fans of the game. Also the agi update brings equipment not just a group of tractors. This is a forum it’s meant it’s be a place for discussion I’m not being a smart alec and the only thing that’s stupid is not giving an opinion of what’s wrong and just saying it is. My point was it’s farming there’s different equipment that in a round about way serves the same purpose there isn’t going to be some groundbreaking thing added.