So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

ScotsDude73

Re: So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

Post by ScotsDude73 »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:34 pm So basically mods and DLC for vehicles/machines and items are worthless since we already have stuff which is functionally the same in game?
I am not saying they are worthless. What I am saying is some players kinda get bored with Giants adding the same stuff every time. They put in orchards so thats a start. What about introducing other crop types that allow us to have other types of machines. I thought the whole idea of dlc was to expand gameplay. Its oh here you go here are some new tractors and harvesters and seeders and cultivators. Thank you for your money. I mean cant they come up with some totally amazing that will blow us away. Oh we will just add another tractor brand to make more money. They take a bunch of ideas post a poll on their forum and let the community decide what they want.
ScotsDude73

Re: So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Its was the same when the announced the passenger feature which to me as a joke. Nothing like the pc mod. You can only drive with a passenger in a rtv, truck or pick up. Not a tractor or harvester. Then they go and hide the feature behind a dlc pay wall. Oh you cannot use the passanger feature unless you buy the Kubota dlc. Probably Giant thought to themselves when the game was in development oh we could add that as a feature in the base game. Oh no wait a minute we could leave that out of the base game and add it as part of a dlc that way if they want the feature badly enough and the dont care much for the dlc they buy it anyway and so we can sell more dlc that way. Very sneaky Giants!!
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

I think you hit the nail on the head
punchi

Post by punchi »

In the one post you want something with more content. Then they give you something like passenger seat, and you are not happy because its behind a paywall?
You cant really decide what you want?!
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

punchi wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:44 pm In the one post you want something with more content. Then they give you something like passenger seat, and you are not happy because its behind a paywall?
You cant really decide what you want?!
What I want is value for money for the price I paid for the Season Pass!! £33.49 what a rip off. We will see what dlc 3 and 4 have to offer. Then they will be wanting more money for year 2.
Last edited by ScotsDude73 on Tue May 24, 2022 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
punchi

Post by punchi »

You got 22€/$ so far, assuming that the third DLC will be bigger, something like 20 bucks, you will be above what you paid for :)
You just need to wait
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

punchi wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:08 am You got 22€/$ so far, assuming that the third DLC will be bigger, something like 20 bucks, you will be above what you paid for :)
You just need to wait
I'm already above what I paid for the Season pass. I paid 0€/$ for the Season Pass, because it's never worth it, and have gained lots of DLC in the form of FREE mods on the modhub. I'll bet ScotsDude73 has learned a valuable lesson from all this.
punchi

Post by punchi »

CoreyTr wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:22 am
punchi wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:08 am You got 22€/$ so far, assuming that the third DLC will be bigger, something like 20 bucks, you will be above what you paid for :)
You just need to wait
I'm already above what I paid for the Season pass. I paid 0€/$ for the Season Pass, because it's never worth it, and have gained lots of DLC in the form of FREE mods on the modhub. I'll bet ScotsDude73 has learned a valuable lesson from all this.
Thats exactly what i though, i will never like all of the 4 DLCs that will come out. I never purchased all of them in FS19, just the ones i like.
Its just worth if you are going to buy the DLCs regardless.

I like the kubota one, so i will purchase that :D
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

CoreyTr wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:22 am
You just need to wait
You never learn your lesson from this. You end up putting your trust in a games developer by paying up front then get stung in the process because you never get value you paid for. And you are entirely correct mods are the best value because they are free and you pick and choose which ones you want to use. Dlc you are stuck with what you get. Your choice is do I want it or not. Antonio Carraro was released in March and I can count on one hand how many times I have used it. Kubota to me will be no different. Merely a novelty item!!
punchi

Post by punchi »

Well, its easier to blame others for being naive i guess.

you could have done some research on FS17 or FS19, the DLCs are most the times only machines, sometimes just brands. And there is always one bigger "expansion" sometimes with a new fruit sometimes not. But DLCs are mostly just some random machines.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

When it comes down to it after reading some of the comments, some people just like to complain for the sake of complaining
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:57 am When it comes down to it after reading some of the comments, some people just like to complain for the sake of complaining
Yes they do it seems lol
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

ScotsDude73 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:31 pm
Sorry I’m a little confused, wasn’t it you that posted around two weeks ago reminding someone something along the lines that seeing new brands is always a good thing?

For my thoughts I won’t bother buying the Kubota dlc as I am happy enough with the equipment already available, but that’s why I didn’t buy the season pass. I can’t remember all the dlcs from fs19 but I know there was a cotton pack and a grass working pack so I was expecting most of them this time to be equipment again.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

punchi wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:44 am Well, its easier to blame others for being naive i guess.

you could have done some research on FS17 or FS19, the DLCs are most the times only machines, sometimes just brands. And there is always one bigger "expansion" sometimes with a new fruit sometimes not. But DLCs are mostly just some random machines.
Why would I need to research when I own all the dlc for FS13, FS15, FS17 and FS19???
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Now you choose to complain? You make zero sense.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.