So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

Mwal

Re: So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

Post by Mwal »

I’m looking forward to the skids and the little payloader. The utv could be cool too if there’s lots of options. I consider it a lot better than the first dlc, there’s a little variety, it’s definitely not my brand but it’s a lot better chance for people to find something they like or can use.
IceUul

Re: So anyone else more excited for the free dlc coming soon than the kubota dlc?

Post by IceUul »

I am much more happy with this than first DLC or this free equipment. I never heard of Antonio Carraro and really i think we do not need so much very small tractors. But Kubota is different, it has
lot of different equipment and fits well into EU and US maps. Also it was last brand i was missing in the game.
FarmingBucket

Post by FarmingBucket »

Adnel wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:32 pm This dlc did make me crazy, crazy about how lame it is. Sure modders will bring out the best of it because its a new brand, but still, will not pay for this one.
yeah I think it's pretty weak. So far the DLCs in FS19 were way better.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I like this DLC, although I can understand that Kubota is not so popular on the west side of the pond.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Did y'all completely miss the part about being able to ride in the same vehicle on multiplayer? This is huge for console players.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Decriptus wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:04 pm Did y'all completely miss the part about being able to ride in the same vehicle on multiplayer? This is huge for console players.
Only in a very limited number of vehicles, around a dozen I would guess reading the description. The four trucks, two ATVs and two pickups in the base game, plus the two ATVs in the DLC.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

This DLC does nothing for me, however, unlike the AC DLC, I can at least see why some people are excited about this DLC.

I would have liked to seen a zero-turn, a compact riding mower and a 3-pt finish mower with mowers that didn't leave grass or a grass rotting function as part of this DLC. As it is, it's just more small stuff.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Yeah the passenger feature only works with RTV, Trucks and Cars. Not available with tractors or harvesters!! And you need to have the Kubota pack to use the feature. Plus you need update 1.6 which will be available around 28th June. Update 1.5 will probably be released when they release the AGI free dlc.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Modders will be able to add passenger seats to their mods too MrMarcel said. But still will need the dlc
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Noraf wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:36 am Modders will be able to add passenger seats to their mods too MrMarcel said. But still will need the dlc
That’s a compromise I can get behind if they’re going to add new features in dlc’s
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Mwal wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:49 pm That’s a compromise I can get behind if they’re going to add new features in dlc’s
If so GIANTS need to find a way for modders to implement features like these without having to buy the DLC, as without it there will be no way for them to test it before submitting mods.

For example for the Platinum DLC for FS17, GIANTS introduced sugarcane, however any modder could include sugarcane in their map, and any modder could have made equipment to use with sugarcane - modders didn't need the DLC to do so. As it happens nobody made any sugarcane equipment mods as far as I know, but the point remains - you didn't need the DLC to work with the sugarcane that was added.
DocDesastro

Post by DocDesastro »

Well, visiting the Kubota homepage I saw LOTS of stuff. Kubota serves a multitude of farming purposes. And we get tractors only and a feature useful in MP behind a paywall - so people that have to buy multiple licences to play together with the server licence on top of that need to buy something else? Why not including this in the server version? This makes me scratch my head a bit. I doubt, this is a good decision.
"Cetero censeo, vino in ludum non habere esse repudiandum." (Doc, der Ältere, neuzeitlich)

Missionar der Kirche der "wahren" Landwirtschaft :biggrin2:
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

This game is still new. The modders will make more passenger vehicles....they always do. I'm waiting on a 4x4 crew cab with a styrofoam cooler on the bed, fancy like
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:06 pm
If so GIANTS need to find a way for modders to implement features like these without having to buy the DLC, as without it there will be no way for them to test it before submitting mods.

For example for the Platinum DLC for FS17, GIANTS introduced sugarcane, however any modder could include sugarcane in their map, and any modder could have made equipment to use with sugarcane - modders didn't need the DLC to do so. As it happens nobody made any sugarcane equipment mods as far as I know, but the point remains - you didn't need the DLC to work with the sugarcane that was added.
I guess it doesn’t bother me if some stuff becomes paywalled I’ve just accept the fact that as more and more brands come into the fold giants will have to find more things to add to round out dlcs and make them more appealing for more people to buy. You can see it happening already since the Claas dlc, as that was the last dlc that didn’t seem controversial and garnered a decent amount of support
eric21

Post by eric21 »

DocDesastro wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:12 pm Well, visiting the Kubota homepage I saw LOTS of stuff. Kubota serves a multitude of farming purposes. And we get tractors only and a feature useful in MP behind a paywall - so people that have to buy multiple licences to play together with the server licence on top of that need to buy something else? Why not including this in the server version? This makes me scratch my head a bit. I doubt, this is a good decision.
The manufacturers do have a say on what they want in game so it's not really giants fault