TMR why?

steveW

TMR why?

Post by steveW »

I am sure a reasonable explanation, but why do you need TMR when its just Silage, Grass(hay). and Straw?? surely in real life you would just give all 3 to the Cows?. What am i missing other than buying extra machinery etc.
Orange Tiger NL

Re: TMR why?

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

steveW wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:44 pm I am sure a reasonable explanation, but why do you need TMR when its just Silage, Grass(hay). and Straw?? surely in real life you would just give all 3 to the Cows?. What am i missing other than buying extra machinery etc.
You can easily find the answer on the tutorial section in the website of giants or in the game itself in the help menu.

But here is your answer copied from that tutorial:

You have three options: For the cows to be fully (100%) productive and give as much milk as they can, you have to feed them Total Mixed Ration (TMR) - consisting of straw, hay, silage and mineral feed. You can buy all the ingredients at the dealership.

If you don't have all the ingredients (or the time), you can feed them with grass or hay. By feeding hay, they will still be 80% productive. By feeding them only grass, their productivity drops to 40%.

Does your farm rely heavily on milk production, especially in winter, you should always prepare enough quality food for them to be as productive as they can be.
Orange Tiger NL

But since you are new here is some info:

Link to tutorials:
https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=280

There is also an TMR mod in modhub, so you dont have to mix it yourself.
steveW

Post by steveW »

Thanks teach me not to look at maanual lol
Orange Tiger NL

steveW wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:25 pm Thanks teach me not to look at maanual lol
Well maybe you should
raran

Post by raran »

You think those feedmixers are just fantasies?
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

I prefer to do TMR in a factory. You can make more in bulk volume.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I’m guessing as an explanation as to what the difference is, I would think it’s because you are giving a mixture at a certain ratio, making sure they get a balanced diet, rather than just giving them lots of everything and hoping they eat the right amount of each.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Cattle pick through feed and eat what they want, without properly blended feed they wont eat roughage (hay and or straw) and wont digest the feed and put on weight as well. It’s also a problem when feeding multiple cattle in a trough, bigger animals will bully smaller ones eat what’s they like best and leave only roughage for the smaller less aggressive animals. A tmr blends it all together to avoid those issues
Last edited by Mwal on Thu May 19, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eische

Post by Eische »

The in games TMR is the most basic version of it.
In real life you will find much more different recipes for TMR with much more ingredients. Ground grains/beans, molasses and sugar beets are just a few but the most common ones.

Reason is just like Rasping rabbit and Mwal explained. By mixing everything, cows can not easily separate the individual ingredients. So they are somewhat forced to eat the full mixture. This makes sure they get the specific diet to improve their performance in the various stages of their life.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Orange Tiger NL wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:29 pm
steveW wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:25 pm Thanks teach me not to look at maanual lol
Well maybe you should
As a seasoned player I’ve found the help menu(s) and tutorials to be very helpful.

Well, now most of the tutorials are finally available! :lol:

Also this forum is pretty good.

... and the cow barn with robot feeder is kimda mez-ma-rising!! :lol: :lol:

... Happy Farming!!!
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Dezza69 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:53 pm
Orange Tiger NL wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:29 pm
Well maybe you should
As a seasoned player I’ve found the help menu(s) and tutorials to be very helpful.

Well, now most of the tutorials are finally available! :lol:

Also this forum is pretty good.

... and the cow barn with robot feeder is kimda mez-ma-rising!! :lol: :lol:

... Happy Farming!!!
If you mean seasoned as in a long term player I would think an experienced player like yourself wouldn't need in game help menu or Farming Simulator Academy!! Though I dont think you would taste very good even with a little bit of salt and pepper!! I believe they call that cannibalism!! I have been playing since FS13 and I pretty much have the game mastered. Simple things like the rolling or picking up of stones is not that difficult or mulching. Giants need to add more challenge to the game and more realistic gameplay instead of drip feeding us a few new features ever new version. Not sure what the whole mineral feed thing is about because it does nothing at all to the tmr. If it did you should actually get animal production bonus above 100% for buying it and using it in your mix. Waste of money buying if you ask me.
Last edited by ScotsDude73 on Thu May 19, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

I'm a bit lazy with TMR , I tend to feed grass & hay myself but treat TMR as a concentrate ration that is produced at a feed mill & then delivered to the farm & blown into a bulk bin ( this is my job in the real world) I don't see it as cheating as just like in real life it cost money & I'm paying for it direct from the bin
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

As a long-term player I find the in-game help and tutorials help understand some of the (weird?? :lol: ) specifics the gameplay requires...

Eg: the newly implemented rock system, production chains, dtc.

😁😁

Edit: I also have read every manual for every device/thing I have, source workshop manuals where possible and read all the fine print in contracts and EULA’s ... :lol: !!!
Vikan

Post by Vikan »

Ok i will resurrect this topic.... but question, after some time i got back to farming, and as far as i remember, robot was feeding cows with TMR and thats all, you only need to fill storage for Silage, hay,straw, so some straw for bedding.
My TMR is 60k Liters(full) but my cows health is 0%, same as production???????? only if i put Hay separately into feed unloading point it gooes to 100% very fast, but when Hay ends its droping to 0% in a seconds and with robot feeding i don't have space to put Hay additionaly... any ideas???