Everyone that can't get enough buttons on their controllers needs this program!! (PC ONLY)

Azfoor

Everyone that can't get enough buttons on their controllers needs this program!! (PC ONLY)

Post by Azfoor »

As the title says if you ever feel like you didn't have enough buttons on your controller or wheel or whatever it is and you are like me and you don't want to let go of the controller just to press some buttons on the keyboard? Then you need to try REWASD.
It let's you remap all the buttons on your controller or keyboard etc to anything you want. You can erase the native functionality of the button on let's say d-pad up on the Xbox controller to a key or key kombination. And you can set multiple to one key by double press and triple press and even long press. So you can unfold all implements and engage all implements, lower all implements, and engage cruise control all on ONE button!!!! It's freaking awesome. It has a free trial for 30days I believe and then you have to pay a one time payment for like $5-10 but it's well worth the money!!

https://www.rewasd.com/
ajFarmer

Re: Everyone that can't get enough buttons on their controllers needs this program!! (PC ONLY)

Post by ajFarmer »

That looks awesome. I use PS4 controller on PC and I manual shift. I use mostly external view and I like to zoom in out while driving, With default key mapping you have to release throttle to zoom and losing your RPM while in high gear while underload is a pain. I always accidentally switch gears as well.

From looking at the website briefly it looks like its one time fee for $7 for key mapping or $25 for full package that does everything you can imagine. lifetime free updates as well, That is amazing.

Thanks so much for posting this. *thumbsup*

Edit: Oh'Snap you can download user configs from there website
Azfoor

Re: Everyone that can't get enough buttons on their controllers needs this program!! (PC ONLY)

Post by Azfoor »

Yea it a really good software. You can even remap the ps button on your controller 😁 I have my Xbox button doing 4 different things πŸ˜…πŸ‘
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

ajFarmer wrote: ↑Fri May 20, 2022 6:20 am That looks awesome. I use PS4 controller on PC and I manual shift. I use mostly external view and I like to zoom in out while driving, With default key mapping you have to release throttle to zoom and losing your RPM while in high gear while underload is a pain. I always accidentally switch gears as well.

From looking at the website briefly it looks like its one time fee for $7 for key mapping or $25 for full package that does everything you can imagine. lifetime free updates as well, That is amazing.

Thanks so much for posting this. *thumbsup*

Edit: Oh'Snap you can download user configs from there website
Yea you can do EVERYTHING with this program and it dosent take hardly any resources so you won't even notice that it's running 😁 I got the elite xbox controller that has the extra paddles on the back and I have them programmed for the gears and if I long press it engage the 4wd and the diff lock πŸ‘Œ I even got the little keyboard that you attach to the controller so I never have to let go of it πŸ˜…πŸ‘

Let me know how it goes and send me a message if you need some assistance!

I did think this would interest more people tho πŸ€” it's a legitimately good program. It's the same people that make deamon tools so you know it's good πŸ˜…
broodje

Post by broodje »

I can not get the program to funtion properly. If I bind any action to the paddles the game won't recognise any input (I set F1 to one paddle as test). I tried it both wireless and wired, so that does not seam to be the problem. As a control thing I made the xbox logo light up in a different colour, that does work. So I'm unsure what to try next to get it to work properly.
broodje

Post by broodje »

Ah, fantastic. I just tried it at the worst possible time. Apparently Microsoft just released new firmware for the controller that makes it impossible to map new buttons to the paddles, so I had to downgrade the firmware and voila! everything works fine. this post on steam explains it: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Steam ... 4694560112 .

Anyway, I did find out that you do not need this software, you can already map the paddles from within steam (if you are running the steam version of course). Go to settings>Controller> Xbox config support>Xbox Extended Feature Support and after a reboot you can map the paddles in the steam controller mapping menu.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I found this thread and was hoping there was new info. I just upgraded to an Xbox Elite 2 gamepad with paddles and the Xbox app that lets me assign the paddles only lets me assign them to be another way of pressing the other buttons on the controller. Evidently this is a change and you used to be able to assign them to all sorts of things.
Who uses paddles? Is this alternate software the solution to actually having the paddles be extra buttons?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Helazak wrote: ↑Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:42 am I found this thread and was hoping there was new info. I just upgraded to an Xbox Elite 2 gamepad with paddles and the Xbox app that lets me assign the paddles only lets me assign them to be another way of pressing the other buttons on the controller. Evidently this is a change and you used to be able to assign them to all sorts of things.
Who uses paddles? Is this alternate software the solution to actually having the paddles be extra buttons?
I had an elite controler and it's impossible. As the paddles are not extra buttons but just replacing the buttons on the front to the back.
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

Steam's controller mapping functions can use the Elite controller's paddles as extra buttons if you enable the option. Even if you didn't buy the game on Steam, you can usually launch a game from Steam and use its controller mapping functions.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

coleislazy wrote: ↑Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:25 pm Steam's controller mapping functions can use the Elite controller's paddles as extra buttons if you enable the option. Even if you didn't buy the game on Steam, you can usually launch a game from Steam and use its controller mapping functions.
Oooooo, This sounds interesting. How do you load the game through steam that I downloaded direct from Giants?

I am not a gamer so this is new territory for me, and I don't mind paying for the right tool for the job.

My gaming requirements are:
It needs to be portable. I have a laptop for a reason; I need to be able to move it around easily. I often play while on the sofa while watching TV with the wife. So a steering wheel or the heavy duty equipment pack wont work for me. Which is why I am looking for a game controller with lots of buttons. The laptop keyboard is not the easiest to play with.

Besides your idea about steam I also found the following:
  • https://Joy2key.net/en/ claims software which appears to be open source and can map any joystick or button to any keyboard button.
  • The Azeron unit looks painful. I don't think all my fingers work well enough to use the Cyborg, You might have to be Vulcan to use it. The Cryo looks interesting. https://store.azeron.eu/
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

If you bought it from giants then you cant run it through Steam
Playing on PC and PS4