FS22 Precision Farming DLC needs an update!

norfolk farmer

Re: FS22 Precision Farming DLC needs an update!

Post by norfolk farmer »

lawm wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:46 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:23 pm

I don’t have a clue about the grass issue, personally I never understood why pulling a roller over grass would add a fertilising stage anyway.
Grass rolling go away completely as far as I'm concerned. Never understood how that idea ever came to fruition
I watched a YouTube Farmer rolling grass the other day his xplanation was it's primarily done to improve the field surface but in doing it it does bruise the grass which encourages improved growth. Personally I'd like too see PF give a small level of either yield boost or nitrogen if you roll the grass.
crash

Post by crash »

Rolling does help with seed/soil contact, preserving water in ground and pushing down rocks out on the real world... In game I dont do it..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

I know a few dairy farmers who always roll the grass once a year around March, so if me like realism I think it should definitely be in the game but have it kind of like a ploughing effect where you only do it once a year and not after every cut, even after every 3 cuts or something like that
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
lawm

Post by lawm »

Still wish we had an option to turn off lol
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

yay it got an update going by the modhub.
austinm53

Post by austinm53 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:23 pm
wedel wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:12 pm
  • fertilization too simple: no more need for multiple fertilizations, no difference between fertilizer types (solid, liquid, slurry, manure. Suggestion: "wear off" of nitrogen levels over several months, so that multi-fertilization (and not within same month or right after another) is a thing to maintain optimal levels; different effects of different fertilization types; bonus if 2 different fertilizer types are used on the same field
  • mulching unnecessary: there are basically no relevant positive effects from mulching anymore. The equipment is useless. Suggestion:
    as in base game mulching should provide reasonable additional nitrogen to the ground, and also increase environment score.
  • grass rolling unnecessary: there are zero positive effects from grass rolling. The equipment is useless. Suggestion: as mulching above, additional nitrogen level plus decent environmental score (since you reduce need for artificial fert or slurry).
  • oilseed radish useless: there zero positive effects from planting oilseed radish. It is useless. Suggestion: see grass rolling. Al this work should have sizable impact on the environment score.
Just a couple of things you may have overlooked or been unaware of.

Fertilisation - there is a difference between manure/slurry & solid/liquid. Manure & slurry can only add a certain amount of nitrogen and generally does it as a blanket effect, whereas the solid & spray will add as much nitrogen as you need, where you need it. The benefit is that if you use natural fertilisers, you’re using waste products from your animals and saving money as you don’t need to use as much of the more expensive chemical fertilisers. There possibly should be an ES bonus for using 2 types as obviously there is a benefit to using natural to reduce your chemical use.

Mulching - still adds the same yield bonus as it has since the game launched.

Oil Seed Radish - this is a known bug that Giants plan to fix with the next update, along with Soybeans.

I don’t have a clue about the grass issue, personally I never understood why pulling a roller over grass would add a fertilising stage anyway.
Fertilizing with manures is rarely based off of nitrogen percentage unless you are spreading chicken manure or something. it's always based on phosphorous percentage because that's what's is high in.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

austinm53 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:32 am

Fertilizing with manures is rarely based off of nitrogen percentage unless you are spreading chicken manure or something. it's always based on phosphorous percentage because that's what's is high in.
It’s not high in phosphorus ingame. The post was about precision farming, not real life practises. 👍🏻
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I just want to know how come the earth can provide infinite amount of stones every time you plow or cultivate....even tho you cleaned them previously.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It happens irl too. It drives me nuts. The constant thrawing and freezing brings more up every year.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Fri May 27, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

hun3 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:47 pm I just want to know how come the earth can provide infinite amount of stones every time you plow or cultivate....even tho you cleaned them previously.
A few days ago I was watching a recent video by Millennial Farmer where he was rock picking and he commented something similar, joking with his dad that maybe there wouldn’t be any rocks this year.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’ve got one field that I’ve had slow down in nearly 100 years of knowing it’s been picked yearly, and by slowed down I mean it only takes a day to pick 50 acres haha
austinm53

Post by austinm53 »

I want them to fix the weeds popping out of the ground during the winter and also having a crop canopy over the soil but somehow the weeds pop out of the ground still. Needs to be fixed
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Weeds are determined little pains. They’ll grow perfectly fine no matter how difficult growing an even inadequate crop is :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Steel_Horse

Post by Steel_Horse »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:12 pm Weeds are determined little pains. They’ll grow perfectly fine no matter how difficult growing an even inadequate crop is :lol:
Is it realistic that I cannot run a weeder across a mulched field to remove the weeds or just an FS22 thing?.

It is a little frustrating because if I drill my mulched field when the day rolls over I immediately get medium weeds and the only hoes are much narrower than the weeders. Or of course as a non farmer am I doing it completely wrong?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Steel_Horse wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:00 am
Is it realistic that I cannot run a weeder across a mulched field to remove the weeds or just an FS22 thing?.

It is a little frustrating because if I drill my mulched field when the day rolls over I immediately get medium weeds and the only hoes are much narrower than the weeders. Or of course as a non farmer am I doing it completely wrong?
Yup you are forget the environmental score and pre emerge spray that **** hahaha